December was a big month for me. It not only marked the ending of one of the best years I’ve ever had career-wise, but it was also life-changing for me personally.
I learned so much about myself, my mindset, my relationship with money and so much more. When you hold the reigns of your life, you’ll be surprised where you go (and where you end up).
In 2013, some of the biggest milestones included, quitting my job of 10 years, starting my own solopreneur business and getting married!
Yep, after my fiance and I got engaged in March 2013, we decided to elope in December and make it official.
Popular Posts I’ve Written
- The Quickest Way to Give Yourself a Raise – The Huffington Post
- 5 Ways to Invest in Yourself and Life-Changing Results - Yahoo!Finance
- How to Manage a Productive Schedule While Working from Home – Manilla
Interviews and Mentions
Thanks to all the awesome people who interviewed me and shared this blog as helpful resource!
- Top 50 Twitter Accounts Every Freelance Blogger Should Follow – Employ the Internet
- Personal Finance Interview with Carrie Smith – Mint
- Make the Move From Employee to Entrepreneur – Married With Luggage
- Real Money Lessons Learned by GenYers: Carrie Smith – Workable Wealth
- How You’ll Waste Less Money in 2014 – Redbook Magazine
- 21 Motivational Stories of People Who Attacked Their Debt and Won – Adam Hagerman
- When is it Time to Strike Out on Your Own? 8 Entrepreneurs Weigh In – Babble
A Year in Review: Major Biz Accomplishments in 2013
There’s a lot of things I celebrated this year. Like I mentioned, my fiance and I got engaged in March. Then I quit my job on May 1, 2013 and within a few weeks, moved to Denver, Colorado for the summer.
Over the summer break I tried and tested being my own boss, and understood for the first time in a decade, what it meant to put my family and health before my job. During this entire time I worked with a business coach to help me get through all the ups-and-downs.
To wrap up a fun summer, I attended World Domination Summit for the first, and met some awesome people in real life for the first time. After that I dialed back the busyness and went on a weekend mastermind retreat to Palm Springs.
Books I’m Reading Now
Was 2013 an epic year for you? Share a personal or business accomplishment in the comments below, or on Twitter!