I’m a financial geek with a background in accounting, as well as a budding artist, who specializes in writing, editing and blogging tactics to create content that converts.
If you’re looking for a financial blogger and editor who knows the ins-and-outs of what it takes to be a freelance business owner, and manage a successful blog, then you’ve come to the right place! I prefer to focus on the blogging side of writing since that’s where the industry is headed.
Blogging is a more relatable form of marketing that highlights personal opinions, stories, and engages more readers.
My writing has been featured on high-traffic blogs such as The Huffington Post, Lifehacker, H&R Block, Yahoo! Finance, Redbook Magazine and lots more! Click the link to see a complete list of sites where Careful Cents has been mentioned.
You should spend more time working ON your business, instead of IN it — and that’s where I come in! For the past 3 years I’ve managed my own blog, as well as worked with many freelancing, investing and business startups to write content and manage their blogs.
Prior to this, I worked as a small business accountant and Tax Professional for over 10 years, so I put that knowledge, experience and attention to detail into my writing and editing. However, I don’t blog about the technical (and boring) aspects of money and business, since there’s enough of that online. While I list out stats and reference resources to back up my ideas, I like to share helpful content that educates the reader but encourages them to act!
In total, I have written and published over 500 blog posts on over 50 blogs and websites.
Current + Past Clients
I currently contribute to (and have previously worked with) several industry thought leaders and well-known entrepreneurs, to write and create content for their websites. They include:
- Investor Junkie | Freelance writer and managing editor
- The Debt Movement | Content manager and community leader
- Payoff | Editor and content manager
- Betterment | Financial blogger
- GoGirl Finance | Monthly contributor
- Manilla.com | Financial organization writer
- The Huffington Post | Finance Blogger for money section
- Yahoo! Finance | Featured writer
- On Better Terms | Personal finance blogger and speaker
- MoneyNing.com | Writer and marketing strategist
- FinCon Expo | Social media marketer and speaker
For a complete list of clients or writing samples, please see my LinkedIn profile. I do not offer content marketing or guest posting services. I’m strictly a financial blogger and editor who works to create content for freelancing sites, startup blogs and small businesses.
Topics + Services
As someone who worked as a small business accountant for 10 years, I know quite a bit about what it takes to run a business. Here are the topics I specialize in:
- Money & Finance
- Self-Employment & Taxes
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
In addition to producing content, I absolutely love managing, editing and updating content for blogs and business sites. Your voice is important and your perspective is unique, so let’s showcase it! Let me help get your work into the hands of readers who need it.
Here’s a list of what I do as a blog manager and editor:
- Coming up with new content ideas and creating an editorial calendar
- Updating and maintaining the content calendar
- Working with a task management system so you stay updated
- Managing staff writers and assigning topics
- Keeping all content on the site uniform and free of typos
- Updating reviews and affiliate links so you can make more money
- Headline optimization so you can rank for certain keywords
- Producing SEO-centered descriptions, titles and keywords
You’re busy and don’t always have the time to dedicate to creating quality content, but you want your brand to be at the top of reader’s minds. I can handle this so you can take time off to focus on other projects, or even take time off to travel!
Ready to have more freedom while knowing that your blog and online reputation is in good hands? Please send me an email using the contact form below, or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials from Clients
Get in Touch
If you’re just looking for writer to produce content on a consistent basis, my rates start at $0.30 per word. To get a customized price quote for blog management and editing services, get in touch using the form below, or email me directly at email@example.com. I look forward to working with you!