Everyone deserves to love their job! But what if you won’t ever enjoy it no matter what you do?
Well this new book from author Alexis Grant will teach you how to cope, to create your own luck and succeed in the new world of work.
You Deserve to Love Your Job by Alexis Grant
Although this book is a short read, it’s one that you’ll continue to refer to and re-read over and over. Each chapter is quick to deliver a new strategy for you to start loving your job.
I was able to read through this book in one sitting, and have already implemented several of the big ideas in my own life. If you’re tired of being unhappy with your work, or not sure what you want to do with your life, You Deserve to Love Your Job will provide the answers you’re looking for.
Even if your job (or boss) sucks, you can still use it as a stepping stone to get to where you want. And the best part is, that Alexis Grant doesn’t just write a great book — she has taken each of these steps in her own life, and seen massive results.
She walks the walk and shows that the old career rules no longer apply. It’s time to stop following the masses and starting enjoying your career.
Details of the book
- Big Idea #1: Recognize how lucky you are
- Big Idea #2: Change the way you think about work
- Big Idea #3: Beware the status quo
- Big Idea #4: Prioritize learning
- Big Idea #5: Teach yourself what you need to know
- Big Idea #6: If your job sucks, use it as a stepping stone
- Big Idea #7: Build something for you
- Big Idea #8: Hail the side gig
- Big Idea #9: See your obligations for what they really are
- Big Idea #10: Stop waiting for someone to give you a job
- Big Idea #11: Don’t wait for permission
- Big Idea #12: When in doubt, guess
- Big Idea #13: Experiment often
- Big Idea #14: Spotlight where you’re going, not where you’ve been
- Big Idea #15: Always be Scheming
- Big Idea #16: Leap before you’re ready
- Big Idea #17: Learn to tell Good Fear from Bad Fear
- Big Idea #18: Surround yourself with go-getters
- Big Idea #19: Take advantage of your potential
- Big Idea #20: Make you own luck
My biggest takeaway
This guide will challenge your mindset and the traditional career advice we’re taught growing up. Instead of focusing on the career you should have, you can create one you truly love.
This allows for all dreamers to become doers and leave the old rules behind. Through ideas like always learning, starting a side gig, experimenting, and surrounding yourself with go-getters, you’ll be well on your way to finding a career that makes you happy.