One of the largest cities in Georgia and as a result the south in general, Augusta has quite a bit going for it and is one of the centers of culture and finance in the state. Recently developing its cybersecurity sector alongside a technology base, Augusta is filled with opportunities for one to find success or settle down and grow their wealth. Yet regardless of your situation, it can be difficult to do that without a guiding hand, which is what a financial advisory firm can do for you. They can keep you from making poor financial planning and investment decisions.
Yet finding the right match is vital for your success. And with so many options in the city and state, which should you choose? Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Augusta, Georgia:
1) AP Wealth Management
Our top firm, AP Wealth Management, is one of the top firms in the state, being based in Augusta. They provide all of the main services one would expect from a financial advisory firm, and provide excellent tax and estate planning services (and are willing to work with your attorneys to that end).
They provide custom solutions and plans for their clients, so it is difficult to pin down a main strategy that they have other than making sure their clients gain greater wealth and then preserve that wealth.
AP Wealth Management does not have a stated account minimum, but we advise you to check on this as well as double-check as to their fee structure to make sure it is the right choice for you.
You can expect the following working with AP Wealth Management:
- They are committed to their clients and hope to work with them for the rest of their lives.
- They are also communicative with their clients, and you will never be out of the loop should you work with them.
- A willingness to work with clients outside of Augusta.
2) Richard Young Associates
Richard Young Associates is another Augusta-based firm that is locally focused with a wider reach. They pride themselves on the attention and care they give their clients, and will carefully tailor their approach to the needs and goals of each client.
Their investment philosophy mostly revolves around long-term gains and strategic rebalancing of your portfolio, choosing to ignore the risks of short-term trading.
Richard Young Associates is a fee-only firm that does not have a stated account minimum, but we advise you to take time to make sure their fee structure fits your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Richard Young Associates:
- A simple yet clear and effective fee structure and philosophy behind talking with their clients.
- Primary services include general financial planning, investment management services, and retirement planning services.
- An emphasis on educating clients and making sure that they understand everything that is going on with their wealth and portfolio.
3) Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc.
A firm that’s based in Atlanta and has $7.97 billion in assets under management, Investment Research & Advisory Group is one of the kings of the industry in the South by many comparisons, and as such we think it still might be a good choice for some people living all the way in Augusta. Founded in 1992, they are a client-centric firm filled to the brim with talented and experienced advisors.
Those advisors and investment managers will follow a philosophy that mostly focuses on proper asset allocation to help further progress to a client’s goals. They will use a wide variety of asset types in client portfolios.
Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc. is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc.:
- Private client services include tax planning, financial planning, cash flow analysis, a wide array of investment management services, and more.
- A helpful and modern client portal to help you keep track of your financial situation.
- A willingness to work with other professionals under your employ.
4) Clear Investment Research, LLC
While a bit of a ways off in Alpharetta, Clear Investment Research, LLC is our top choice for that city, and we think that it can be a good option for some select Augusta residents as well. They have $4.2 billion in assets under management, and while they only have a few advisors under their employ, their resources allow them to spend the time they need to on each client.
They have three main considerations when making investments for clients, which are the risk-factor, tax implications, and fees and costs.
Clear Investment Research, LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have any minimum asset or account requirements, but you should review their fee structure to see if it would make sense for you to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Clear Investment Research, LLC:
- A team that is honest about its practices and holds itself to high ethical standards.
- Experience working with organizations and retirement plans, if you hold a position responsible for such an account.
- The ability to understand complex financial situations and help you sort them out.
5) Homrich Berg Wealth Management
Homrich Berg Wealth Management is based in Atlanta and has $5.4 billion in assets under management, making them one of the largest firms in the region. With 60 advisors, many of whom have top certifications, you can expect them to be able to provide just about any service you need, no matter your background and no matter your problem.
They take several different key factors into account when managing investments, including the client’s risk tolerance, diversification, tax efficiency, potential private investments, and more. What you can be sure of is that your goals will be the primary focus for their experts.
Homrich Berg Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement, but if you have less than $500,000, you might be paying a minimum fee. As always double-check to see if the firm’s fees fit well within your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Homrich Berg Wealth Management:
- The ability to provide comprehensive financial planning and management services, so you will barely have to think about managing your wealth.
- A team that knows how to handle family financial planning and generational wealth considerations, with much experience in those regards.
- Clients all across the country, so that if you move you won’t have to worry so much about switching advisors.
Augusta residents have a bit of work cut out for them when it comes to finding the best financial advisor for them, but we’re absolutely certain that with the above information and some extra research into the firms that interest you the most, you’ll be able to make the right call. Remember that only you know what suits you best and what you’re looking for and that you always should have the final say when it comes to your financial life. We wish you the best of luck with your search, and hope you find a match within the next few days.