In a section of California all its own a notable distance north of Los Angeles, Bakersfield is a city that creates things and helps to keep the rest of the state going, which also makes it a city where many people have found success. Yet whether your fortune has come from oil, agriculture, or something else entirely, eventually you will need help to manage it if you want to remain focused on the tasks that matter. This is where a financial advisory or wealth management firm comes in, and picking the right one is an important financial decision.
Yet don’t worry about all the potential choices, because we’re here to help. We looked into firms in Bakersfield and nearby cities to find the best options. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Bakersfield, California:
1) Aspiriant, LLC
It would be difficult for us to talk about financial advisory firms anywhere near Bakersfield or Los Angeles and not talk about Aspiriant, LLC, which has nearly $12 billion in assets under management and was founded in 2008. With dozens of expert advisors ready to help and plenty of informational resources at their disposal, they can provide whatever services you need and more.
When it comes to investment, they focus primarily on prediction models and will make efforts to seek out new opportunities for their clients, using their research in the process.
Aspiriant is a fee-only firm that requires a $1.5 million account minimum to work with.
You can expect the following working with Aspiriant, LLC:
- Customer service will take priority, and you will be able to heavily customize your service package from Aspiriant.
- A centralized approach, with the firm able to pull together many threads of your financial life to create a clear picture.
- An excellent research staff that has all the talent they need to make the best recommendations.
2) Churchill Management Group
Another huge Los Angeles Firm that can handle just about any situation you throw at them, Churchill Management Group was founded in 1962, and has about $5.5 billion in assets under their management. Highly regarded by leading publications in the industry, the firm is clear in its general strategy and a great choice for anyone looking for a steady hand.
They prefer to remain disciplined and focus on the big picture, focused on long-term gains. They will combine this approach with your preferences in order to craft a plan for your portfolio.
Churchill Management Group is a fee-based firm that requires $750,000 in assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Churchill Management Group:
- A firm that has experienced several economic cycles and will put that experience to good use.
- A belief in sticking to basic and proven investing strategies.
- A firm that will heavily focus on your individual financial goals as a client and help you craft a plan to meet them.
3) NWF Advisory Group
A firm founded in 1986 with more than $900 million in assets under management, NWF Advisory Group is a Los Angeles firm that also has other offices throughout Southern California. Heavily focused on their clients and offering many different services, they’re a great choice for people who may not be entirely certain what they want or alternatively those who want a diverse set of advisory and management services.
They will take a long-term approach to growing your portfolio, so we recommend them to people who are after generational wealth.
NWF Advisory Group is a fee-based firm, and the minimum balance required to work with them will vary by the type of account you open.
You can expect the following working with NWF Advisory Group:
- Several different plans to choose from, depending on your needs and goals.
- Low requirements, making them a great choice for those looking for a more accessible firm.
- Plenty of different options allowing you to more easily choose your financial future.
4) Chatterton & Associates, The Wealth Management Team, Inc.
Chatterton & Associates, The Wealth Management Team, Inc. is an Anaheim firm that might be a bit smaller than most others on this list, but with $697 million in assets under management, they have proven their experience and place in the industry. With a highly qualified team of specialists and advisors, they work primarily with high net worth individuals.
There is little to say about their approach, as their approach will change greatly based on the needs of the client. Whatever your end goal is, they’ll be able to help you reach it.
Chatterton & Associates is a fee-based firm that has a $200,000 account minimum requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Chatterton & Associates:
- Available services which include financial planning, estate planning, insurance planning, retirement planning, and more.
- You will be working with a firm that takes information security extremely seriously.
- Plenty of resources to help you better understand your financial situation.
5) Barnes Wealth Management Group
If you’re looking for a firm based right in Bakersfield, you can do a lot worse than Barnes Wealth Management Group. While smaller with just over $50 million in assets under management, they take their fiduciary duties seriously and can provide a wide range of financial services and investment management, whether you’re planning for retirement or planning a college fund.
They will look at more than just your investment portfolio and consider all options when planning for your financial future. You can expect a strategy in alignment with your goals.
Barnes Wealth Management Group is a fee-only firm that has no known account or asset minimums.
You can expect the following working with Barnes Wealth Management Group:
- A commitment to keeping you informed as a client and answering any questions you might have.
- A staff and advisory team that will stay focused on your goals as a client.
- Plenty of resources to help you better understand the financial world.
Successful Bakersfield residents like yourself should have access to everything they need, and that includes sound financial guidance. If you feel burdened by the responsibilities your wealth brings or simply want to get more out of what you have, please contact one of the above firms. You may wish to do some more research and make more comparisons, and we encourage you to do so. The time spent will be more than worth it. Whatever your final decision, we wish you the best of luck in your future financial endeavors.