A port city that’s one of the unsung centers of New England, Bridgeport hosts plenty of opportunities for people looking to make a home there or build or maintain their wealth. And for people who are concerned about this who also want to live a more balanced life, we think that a financial advisor could help you make the most of what you have and keep the burden of micromanagement off of you and your family. Yet which group should you work with?
Due to its interesting location on the southern coast of the state as well as reasonably close to New York City, we’ve decided to include advisors from several different locations that might serve you best. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Bridgeport, Connecticut:
1) Silvercrest Asset Management
From New York City, for people of a high level of wealth, there is simply no ignoring Silvercrest Asset Management, which has $21.3 billion in assets under management. They have additional locations on the East Coast (excellent if you travel or might move in the future) and have some of the best staff in the business to serve clients in whatever financial capacity might be needed. We recommend only wealthier individuals or families work with them.
They rely on several core principles, most of them revolving around placing the client first and maintaining integrity, and then adjust plans as needed based on the needs of the client and their family. You can also always expect to work with the best advisor for your needs.
Silvercrest Asset Management is a fee-only firm that has a $10 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Silvercrest Asset Management:
- A firm that will always hold itself to the highest standards in every aspect of their business.
- They are one of the best firms we’ve found for anyone concerned about generational wealth and family-focused financial planning.
- A commitment to finding new opportunities and information and using it to help their clients.
2) Tiedemann Advisors
Our second choice from New York is Tiedemann Advisors, another massive firm that has $21 billion in assets under management. With more than 70 advisors, many of whom hold some of the highest certifications in their field, Tiedemann Advisors works mostly with high net worth individuals and groups or institutions.
Working with outside help to determine the best asset allocation strategy for their clients, the firm mostly focuses on macroeconomic trends and will oversee their managers to make sure all worthwhile avenues are being pursued.
Tiedemann Advisors is a fee-only firm that does not have a strict account minimum, but you should double-check about their fees to make sure they are the right choice for you.
You can expect the following working with Tiedemann Advisors:
- A dedicated team that will get to know you and stick with you through your financial successes and hurdles.
- Services which include education planning, general wealth planning, investment planning, and more. Whatever you might need, they can almost certainly provide it.
- Options for people who are interested in socially responsible and impactful investing.
3) Pinnacle Associates, Ltd.
A more accessible option than the other New York City firms you may come across, Pinnacle Associates, Ltd. is a great choice for people who have found success in Bridgeport but might not be considered high net worth just yet (as well as other institutions). Founded in 1984 with nearly $6.5 billion in assets under management, the firm is an excellent choice and we have nothing negative to say about it.
They will use a number of different avenues and strategies when investing for clients and will not limit themselves to a few asset classes. They will consider global opportunities and will base decisions heavily around the preferences of the client.
Pinnacle Associates, Ltd. is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investible assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Pinnacle Associates, Ltd.:
- Careful attention will be paid to your current financial situation.
- In-house research to provide opportunities you might not get elsewhere.
- Regular adjustments to your portfolio and asset allocation as needed.
4) Symmetry Partners
Symmetry Partners is based in Glastonbury and has about $5.25 billion in assets under management. Even more accessible than Pinnacle Associates, the firm is an excellent choice even for families just getting started on setting aside some wealth. We would like to note that they have thousands of clients and only a handful of advisors, so it’s unlikely you’ll be receiving much, if any, personal attention from the firm.
The firm primarily relies on modern portfolio theory and will make sure that portfolios are properly diversified for clients. ETFs and mutual funds are mainstays in their strategies, and risk-management a top concern.
Symmetry Partners is a fee-only firm that requires that you have either $10,000 or $25,000 in investible assets, depending on what type of account you want to open with them and what services you would like to receive.
You can expect the following working with Symmetry Partners:
- Plenty of different investment options to choose from, no matter your preferences and temperament when it comes to managing your wealth.
- They will pay careful attention to new research in the industry to look for new opportunities for their clients.
- Experience working with portfolios and perfecting their ability to provide returns and remain stable.
5) Northeast Financial Consultants, Inc.
Our last choice for Bridgeport residents is Northeast Financial Consultants, Inc., based in Westport and having about $2.6 billion in assets under their management. If you need a firm that knows how to work with high net worth individuals and their families, you might want to look here first.
They will primarily consider long term investments for clients but will keep some short-term options on hand for cash flow purposes.
Northeast Financial Consultants, Inc. is a fee-only firm that does not have any stated account minimum, although they work almost exclusively with high net worth clients.
You can expect the following working with Northeast Financial Consultants, Inc.:
- The full suite of services you can expect from a firm that works with clients at this level of wealth.
- A firm owned entirely by the president, making it even more independent from outside interests and considerations.
- A focus on the client-advisor relationship and you should note that many of their current clients have been working with them for decades.
There is absolutely no shortage of excellent advisors and teams to work with around Bridgeport, and as a result, you may want to consider doing further research into the above firms in order to precisely determine who to work with. We encourage you to make some additional phone calls, consider your priorities carefully, and even drop in for a consultation or two. This is an important choice, but you are always in charge and can take your time. No matter where you wind up, we wish you the best of luck and hope that you find nothing but success in future financial endeavors.