Right next to San Diego and a major tourist center for anyone interested in the south bay, Chula Vista is a beautiful city with more than enough to do, whether you live there or are just visiting. And another interesting thing about Chula Vista is the vibrant small business community there, and just how welcoming the city is to entrepreneurs. We know, therefore, that many of you have found success, and with success comes the need to manage your wealth. That means you’ll want to look into a financial advisory firm in the area.
Yet there are many options, and not all of them equal. To help you, we filtered through them and found the best. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Chula Vista, California:
1) Dowling & Yahnke, LLC
One of the top firms in the area and in operation since 1991, Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is a management firm that currently has about $4.1 billion in assets under its purview, much of it from high-value clients. If you think you would benefit from working with advisors who understand high net worth clients like no one else, you should make your first call here.
With their top rankings in the region and in the country, you can expect from them an advisory and an investment strategy that utilizes modern portfolio theory to minimize risk and focus on long-term gains.
Dowling & Yahnke is a fee-only firm that has a $1 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Dowling & Yahnke:
- High ethical standards for all of their employees and advisors.
- The ability to help you and your family with things such as charitable giving and education planning.
- A planning process which is not only extended but comprehensive, ensuring that nothing is left to chance and no facts fall through the cracks.
2) Pure Financial Advisors
Another San Diego Firm, Pure Financial Advisors has more than $2 billion in assets under its management, and in general, is a far more accessible option for those that aren’t always in Chula Vista (they have offices throughout California) or find other firm’s account minimums to be too high. You can rely on them to provide excellent tax planning, retirement planning, and risk management services.
Based on your service plan and desires, you can either choose from their model portfolios or a much more personalized plan where they will take your specific needs and wants into account.
Pure Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no set account minimum,
You can expect the following working with Pure Financial Advisors:
- One of the largest advisory staffs in the area, so you don’t have to worry about waiting long for service.
- A large selection of resources to help you better understand your financial situation.
- A professional waiting to help you by discussing your financial goals and how to reach them.
3) Delphi Private Advisors, LLC
Delphi Private Advisors, LLC, founded in 2009, is an advisory firm that works with both high net worth and non-high net worth individuals and families, and has $860 million in assets under management. They understand the importance of listening to clients and will carefully consider all of your concerns before crafting an asset allocation plan for you.
They focus heavily on tax efficiency and otherwise will try to balance your portfolio to ensure that any tradeoffs get maximum benefits. Everything will be regularly reassessed and rebalanced.
Delphi Private Advisors, LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have a stated account minimum but does have a minimum annual fee of $10,000. This means that we generally only recommend them to people with $1 million or more to invest.
You can expect the following working with Delphi Private Advisors, LLC:
- A willingness to work with the rest of your advisory team, whether that means, accountants, tax professionals, or lawyers.
- Highly qualified advisors and planners on staff.
- An online reporting system that is always accessible and will keep track of all your holdings, regularly giving you easy-to-understand reports.
4) Telos Capital Management
With only five advisors and $568 million in assets under management, Telos Capital Management (founded in 2003) is one of the smaller firms on this list, but it is also more accessible and able to provide you the personalized attention and small-firm feel other entries on this list might not be able to provide.
They prefer to prioritize long-term portfolio performance as opposed to short-term gains, and have an advanced methodology that you should take some time to inquire further about if you’re interested.
Telos Capital Management is a fee-only firm that requires an account minimum of $250,000.
You can expect the following working with Telos Capital Management:
- A heavy focus on your goals and only your goals. You don’t have to worry about advisors being distracted by anything else.
- A high level of discipline among advisors. They will not be distracted by passing and risky opportunities.
- Customized portfolios that are built with your needs and circumstances in mind.
5) Creative Capital Management Investments, LLC
While a smaller San Diego firm in some regards, with about $330 million in assets under management, Creative Capital Management Investments, LLC is an excellent choice for families or individuals looking for a long-term relationship with their financial or investment advisor. They have been in business for 40 years, and can provide asset protection, estate planning, and other types of planning services.
They don’t stick to a strict plan for all clients for investment, and instead will adapt their strategy based on what they know about your portfolio, goals, and general situation. They will, however, try to diversify portfolios as much as possible in order to minimize risk.
Creative Capital Management Investments is a fee-only firm that requires $500,000 for you to work with them as a client.
You can expect the following working with Creative Capital Management Investments:
- An advisory and research team that has decades of experience under their belts.
- The use of multiple opinions and a team-based approach when providing financial advice.
- A detailed process to determine proper asset allocation.
No matter your exact net worth and your reason for making your home in Chula Vista, we think that you would be able to benefit from the services of a financial or investment advisor. Yet we also know that there are many options in the area and hope that you will be able to create a shortlist with the above information. Only you will be able to make an exact determination, and we encourage you to dig further and make consultation calls if you need to. We wish you the best of luck with all your future financial plans.