A larger city and a country in its own right, Columbus is one of the centers in Georgia and part of a larger metro area that is one of the most populous places in the south. Columbus is also a place with its fair share of economic opportunities, and we suspect that if you’re reading this you’ve taken advantage of at least a few of them. With that in mind, we recommend the use of a financial advisor or investment management expert to help you not only take better advantage of your wealth but get a second opinion on the important decisions you’ll be making in the future.
Yet which advisor or advisory firm should you be working with, given the many options in the area? Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Columbus, Georgia:
1) Townshend Wealth Management
An excellent choice for a smaller firm based right in Columbus, Townshend Wealth Management works with families and small businesses alike to help them achieve their financial goals and preserve their wealth. Founded in 2001, the firm has only a few advisors, but has the focus and dedication needed to give clients the tailored and laser-focused advice they need.
They use a wide variety of asset types and believe asset allocation is the key to long-term investing success. They rely mainly on mutual funds, however, and take fees and taxes heavily into consideration.
Townshend Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have a stated account minimum, but we do recommend checking as to their fee structure to see if they are a viable option for you and your family.
You can expect the following working with Townshend Wealth Management:
- A financial plan that will change and adapt as your life situation changes.
- Experience working with families on top of individuals and businesses.
- A team of advisors that each has decades of experience in the industry.
2) Capital Wealth Management Group
Another Columbus firm that met our higher standards, Capital Wealth Management Group is an independent firm that will work with you whether you have short or long-term goals. They work with clients of all types and experience levels and are happy to consult with you at no charge if you’re uncertain about them.
Their investment strategy for clients will adjust based on the information they provide, yet you can remain confident that they will seek to provide maximum returns and minimize risk. They offer securities provided through another company.
Capital Wealth Management Group does not have stated account minimum requirements, but we ask you to check to make sure they are a good fit for you.
You can expect the following working with Capital Wealth Management Group:
- Other services on top of the standard investment management and financial planning, including tax planning, college expense planning, 401(k) planning and management for your business, and more.
- A team that will listen carefully to you about your financial needs and goals, as well as your current situation. This information will be the basis of your plan to start with.
- A somewhat large library of helpful resources and tools to educate you about the financial world.
3) Investment Research & Advisory Group
An Atlanta firm that has $7.97 billion in assets under its management, Investment Research & Advisory Group can be a great choice for many people living in Columbus who would prefer to work with a much larger firm with a much larger resources pool to match. Founded in 1992, they remain client-centric to this day.
They make proper asset allocation paramount and will help clients work towards their goals with rational decision-making and careful attention paid to your portfolio.
Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc. is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Investment Research & Advisory Group, Inc.:
- They are willing to work with others under your employ such as attorneys, tax accountants, etc.
- An online portal that should help you understand everything that is going on with your portfolio at any time.
- Their main services include tax planning, cash flow analysis, general financial planning, investment management, and others still.
4) Homrich Berg Wealth Management
Another Atlanta firm, this one with $5.4 billion in assets under management, Homrich Berg Wealth Management is an extremely large firm with over 60 advisors. And they don’t choose quantity over quality, as many of these advisors hold top certifications in their areas of expertise. With that in mind, you can feel confident that Homrich Berg Wealth Management not only has your needs in mind but has the means to help you as needed as well.
They use multiple factors when determining the best course for a client’s financial future and portfolio, including tax considerations, portfolio diversification, risk tolerance, what private investments can be used, and others.
Homrich Berg Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement, but if you have less than $500,000, you might be paying a minimum fee. We recommend double checking to see if the firm’s fees fit well within your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Homrich Berg Wealth Management:
- Comprehensive financial planning services will be available to the extent that you barely have to worry about your wealth.
- Their expertise includes family financial planning and generational wealth concerns.
- The ability to serve clients all across the country.
5) Brightworth, LLC
A somewhat smaller firm of just a few dozen advisors for the $3.33 billion in assets under their management, Brightworth, LLC was founded in 1997 and remains to this day an open firm that allows clients easy access to advisors to get their concerns addressed, which helps contribute to the fact that their client retention is far above industry average.
The firm uses independent money managers but oversees them rather heavily, taking care to find a good match in the first place. They also prefer long-term investments with some adjustments periodically to react to how the market is doing.
Brightworth, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Brightworth, LLC:
- Considerations and service plans for professionals such as executives, dentists, business owners, and others.
- A wide range of services including trust management and estate planning, philanthropic planning, business transition planning, education planning, retirement planning, tax planning, investment management, and others.
- A team that is primarily focused on others and the goals of their clients, hoping to build lasting relationships with them.
There are many things to take into consideration when picking out a financial advisory or investment management firm in the Columbus area, so we encourage you to take your time and carefully consider what your financial goals and priorities are. With these in mind and the above information available to you (and further information if you investigate your favorite firms further), we’ve no doubt you’ll be able to make the right choice. We hope you get a good pairing soon and that all of your future financial projects bring you nothing but success.