The city keeping southeastern North Carolina together and an important city for the defense industry, Fayetteville not only has Fort Bragg nearby but also several major military contractors in the area. Combine this with the regular industries and business opportunities found in any city, and you can easily surmise that there are plenty of successful individuals living there. And if you’re one of them, we strongly recommend that you start considering the use of a financial advisor if you haven’t already. After a certain point, a second opinion is a necessity.
Yet who should you trust, and which firms are the best? You have nothing to worry about, as here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Fayetteville, North Carolina:
1) Stalwart Financial Planning
Our top choice for Fayetteville, Stalwart Financial Planning understands that many people need financial planning, and they are committed to remaining more accessible than most other firms working in the area. Whether you have a specific problem or question or want a more comprehensive experience, they’ll be able to help you.
Based on their business model, every person’s experience might be quite different working with them. They will, however, in all cases work in your best interests and help you focus on the big picture.
Stalwart Financial Planning is a fee-only firm that does not have any stated account minimums. That being noted, we strongly recommend you inquire further as to whether they’ll be a good fit for your assets based on their fee structure.
You can expect the following working with Stalwart Financial Planning:
- Services offered include tax planning, estate planning, retirement planning, educational funding services, long-term care planning, insurance services, and others.
- A strong commitment to its code of ethics.
- An hourly fee model which makes them more affordable and accessible than many other options.
2) Nobles Pound Financial Planning
Our second choice is Nobles Pound Financial Planning, based in Fayetteville. A much smaller firm than what we normally cover, they only have a couple of advisors, although both are highly qualified and have the CFP certification. Also operating in Wilmington, they are more accessible than some of the other firms on this list.
They will, for the most part, tailor client portfolios to the goals and risk-tolerances of the client, adjusting as necessary and as the markets change.
Nobles Pound Financial Planning is a fee-based firm that doesn’t have any stated asset or account requirements, but we recommend double-checking their fees to make sure they make sense for your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Nobles Pound Financial Planning:
- They will care about and ask questions about the more basic questions and concerns (such as retirement planning) as well as the more complex investment opportunities.
- Fact-finding and gathering proper information will be an important part of the onboarding process.
- A three-appointment process to ensure a thorough and helpful onboarding.
3) Carroll Financial Associates, Inc.
Carroll Financial Associates, Inc. is a firm based in Charlotte that we think can be a great choice for Fayetteville residents. A huge firm with $2.4 billion in assets under management, they have been in operation since 1980 and have different teams, one of which you’ll be working with depending on which one is the best choice for you.
They seek to create a stable plan for their clients, remaining simple to understand and rooting itself partially in diversification. You can also trust they will carefully consider risk factors and return rates for any investment.
Carroll Financial Associates, Inc. is a fee-based firm that will have different requirements to work with them based on what services you’re looking for.
You can expect the following working with Carroll Financial Associates, Inc.:
- An extraordinarily well-trained and qualified staff, with most of their team members holding a top certification in their field of specialization.
- Their main offered services include retirement planning, investment management, estate planning, transition planning, elder care planning, providing 401(k) advice, and college planning.
- Services and advice that can be tailored towards working physicians.
4) Colony Family Offices, LLC
Our second recommendation from Charlotte, Colony Family Office, LLC is a firm that has been registered with the SEC since 2013. They have $1.43 billion in assets under management even though they only have a few more than half a dozen advisors. How do they manage this? They happen to be one of the most exclusive firms in the state, if not the most exclusive. They also have one of the most well-qualified teams on this list.
While the firm will mostly consider long-term options for clients, they won’t limit themselves to this when the right opportunities arise.
Colony Family Offices is a fee-only firm that requires families to have $10 million in their account to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Colony Family Offices:
- A firm and staff that works exclusively with very wealthy individuals and families, ensuring that you’ll be able to get the attention and focus your assets deserve and require.
- Extensive and thorough processes for all their major services.
- A firm that understands generational wealth concerns extensively and intuitively.
5) Biltmore Family Office, LLC
Biltmore Family Office, LLC, is our last choice for Fayetteville and our last selection from Charlotte. Another extremely selective and exclusive firm founded in 2008, they have five advisors and about $1.26 billion in assets under their management. They can help with a wide variety of planning concerns, including taxes, estate and succession planning, cash flow, philanthropic efforts, and more.
They will be somewhat flexible with their strategy and based their plan based on your goals and needs. They can be more passive or active depending on the status of the markets.
Biltmore Family Office, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires that you have at least a $10 million net worth to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Biltmore Family Office, LLC:
- They work almost exclusively with high net worth individuals and can provide you with the services that you specifically need as a result of your high net worth.
- They are willing and able to work with other service providers under your employ.
- A focus on family wealth planning and generational wealth, with a company structure to see that through.
We want to avoid making your decision for you, as only you and your closest loved ones truly know your financial goals and situation, but we’re nonetheless confident one of the above firms will be the best fit for your Fayetteville household. Take some time to reevaluate your financial situation and see what will work best for you. Some additional research may be required, but any time spent now will be much more time and worry saved later. We wish you nothing but good fortune for your future financial endeavors.