Not far from Denver, Fort Collins offers a different experience and style of life, and has the vibrancy and life of a major college center. And with plenty of events and additional options in the city, we can easily see why someone like yourself may want to live there. Yet while you enjoy life there, you also want to make sure your finances are in order, and after a certain point to make the most of your wealth, you need the services of a financial advisor. And to help you, we have reviewed some of the best in the area.
And given the area and how close Denver is, there’s no problem finding excellent candidates. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Fort Collins, Colorado:
1) IWP Wealth Management, LLC
Our top choice for Fort Collins as well as our top choice for Denver, IWP Wealth Management, LLC has $1.65 billion in assets under management and likes to provide advice that helps families manage their wealth on a day-to-day basis as well as a yearly one. Their advisors prefer to form closer relationships with their clients, and are careful by default.
A conservative firm when it comes to investment, they will place risk-management at a high priority and focus on the long-term for you. Portfolios will be customized to your needs and goals, but wealth preservation is paramount to them.
IWP Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have any minimums but will negotiate a quarterly fee with you. They work primarily with high net worth individuals.
You can expect the following working with IWP Wealth Management:
- An excellent online platform to help you keep track of your assets.
- A detailed approach to investing and financial advisory services.
- A focus on generational wealth and ensuring your family has a stable future ahead of it.
2) GHP Investment Advisors, Inc.
Founded in 1995 with a little over $1.25 billion in assets under management, GHP Investment Advisors, Inc. is our second choice and is another excellent firm based in Denver. They rely on providing comprehensive financial planning services to their clients and will consider every factor on behalf of their clients to find the best opportunities and strategies for a more stable and stress-free life.
They prioritize long-term gains for their clients, and short-term planning in their opinion is almost never the way towards stable wealth management.
GHP Investment Advisors is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 minimum investment requirement.
You can expect the following working with GHP Investment Advisors:
- An integration-based philosophy that means that the firm will regularly communicate with other professionals under your employ as needed.
- The firm also offers financial concierge services.
- Regular updates and meetings with your advisors should you want that level of communication. You will never be in the dark about your portfolio.
3) Private Capital Management
Private Capital Management is a firm originally founded in 2000 that is an excellent choice for individuals looking for a closer relationship with their advisor and a more personalized experience than they might get from other firms. With about $1.14 billion in assets under management, they can help plenty of different types of people, from business owners to those who have recently inherited wealth.
Using research all along the way, Private Capital Management will create a custom plan for you and your financial goals.
Private Capital Management is a fee-only firm that requires you to have at least $500,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Private Capital Management:
- A staff that knows how to help people going through a transitional period of their life.
- A high level of independence, and pride in that independence.
- An intensive onboarding process and excellent follow-ups.
4) Syntrinsic Investment Council, LLC
An interesting firm based in Denver, Syntrinsic Investment Council, LLC is a group that’s not only focused on making sure you and your family are financially stable, but a firm that is also interested in improving the world around it, earning many accolades for this mission. They will always act in your best interests, but they offer excellent opportunities and options for the socially conscious investor as well.
When providing investment management and advisory services, the firm will first get to know you and your preferences better, and then work to determine what the best plan might be.
Syntrinsic Investment Council, LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have any specified account minimums or requirements, although you will still want to check to see if you are financially a good fit for their services.
You can expect the following working with Syntrinsic Investment Council, LLC:
- A careful and considerate approach to all decision making.
- Despite their philanthropic bent, logic and objectivity will be the deciding factor in all circumstances.
- A patient approach to investing.
5) Cherry Creek Family Offices
We considered not including Cherry Creek Family Offices on this list due to its exclusivity and how they handpick their clients on their end, but the firm, with $827 million in assets under management, is something different that we hope a few qualified readers should contact and get to know more about. They primarily work with families and are small in the metric of advisors on staff.
They mostly tailor services according to their clients’ needs, and will first craft with you a “family mission statement” to be their guidelines and act as an agreement between you and the firm.
Cherry Creek Family Offices is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $40 million in investable assets to work with them, making them extremely exclusive. It’s quite possible they’ll contact you instead of vice versa if you’ve attained this level of success.
You can expect the following working with Cherry Creek Family Offices:
- The ability to be more involved in the investing process, vetoing potential investments as you desire.
- An approach designed for people of high levels of wealth that might not be found elsewhere.
- Regular communication with you, and they will be happy to talk to you about your financial situation at no additional cost on top of your fees.
Whatever the source of your wealth is as a Fort Collins resident, we’re certain that you can benefit greatly by working with one of the firms listed above. And we know that there is a perfect fit for you, so take some time to consider your priorities and look into what would serve you best. We hope that you find the right match soon and that you find peace of mind for a long time to come.