One of the largest cities in New Jersey in terms of population, Jersey City is a fantastic place on the Hudson River and is well-known for being a financial center for the country given its location close to New York and its recent development. With that in mind, there are many successful people who are both wealthy and too busy to make the most of their wealth without great stress. If you are one of these people, we recommend the use of a financial advisory firm or investment manager to take the stress off of you and place it into the hands of an expert.
Yet given its location close to so many larger cities, there are many firms to choose from within a reasonable distance. To help you sort them out, here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Jersey City, New Jersey:
1) Pathstone Family Office
Pathstone Family Office is our first choice for Jersey City, and our top choice for several other nearby cities as well. Founded in 2016 through a merger of two older firms, they have $8.54 billion in assets under management and more than 50 advisors under their employ. Of these advisors, quite a few have top certifications in your field, so you can feel more assured you’ll be working with the best the industry has to offer. Have a complex problem? They can certainly find the solution.
They consider modern portfolio theory as an important part of their strategy, and as such will likely focus on the long-term prospects of a client’s portfolio. They will use a variety of asset types to further their clients’ interests.
Pathstone Family Office is a fee-only firm that requires that you have a $2 million portfolio to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Pathstone Family Office:
- Services available for some non-profit organizations as well as families and family offices
- A firm that places great importance on its independence and its objectivity.
- Services for individuals and families include investment advisory and administration services, financial planning, estate planning, philanthropic planning, tax planning, insurance services, and many others.
Another firm we just couldn’t ignore for most cities in New Jersey, RegentAtlantic is based in Morristown and has $4.58 billion in assets under its management. With a highly qualified staff, they generally work with wealthier individuals as well as those in more select groups such as business owners, women working in finance, executives, and others.
RegentAtlantic is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement or anything similar, but it does have a $10,000 minimum annual fee. This means that people with less than $1 million to invest should probably look elsewhere.
For the most part, they work with clients and get to know them first before determining the best investment strategy for them. They will seek to find a balance that’s right for you and will carefully go over your options.
You can expect the following working with RegentAtlantic:
- Main services offered include financial planning (with multiple considerations under that umbrella), investing services, trust services, and retirement plan services for businesses.
- Excellent retirement planning services for individuals that can meet the needs of many different types of situations.
- The use of excellent tools to help you better understand your financial situation.
3) Massey Quick Simon & Co., LLC
Our third major choice for many New Jersey cities, Massey Quick Simon & Co., LLC has nearly $3 billion in assets under its management, and has been in operation since 2004. With 17 advisors on staff, they have the capability to serve clients and families to the fullest of their ability. In fact, they might be the best choice if family financial planning is a must.
The firm will use fundamental analysis to determine the value of a potential investment, but it should be noted they use a range of strategies for clients based on what they’re looking for from their portfolio.
Massey Quick Simon & Co., LLC is a fee-only firm that has a minimum account size requirement of $500,000.
You can expect the following working with Massey Quick Simon & Co., LLC:
- They are happy to work with generational clients and families, and will take measures to preserve your wealth even in turbulent financial times.
- Additional offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chattanooga, and Denver.
- A holistic approach to financial planning and family financial planning.
4) Beacon Trust
Beacon Trust is a firm based in Morristown that has $2.1 billion in assets under their management. Don’t let the fact that they were founded in 2015 distract you from their capability, as most of the advisors on staff have decades of experience working with clients just like you.
A highly adaptive and flexible firm, Beacon Trust is able to provide clients with a variety of strategies and potential portfolios, allowing customers to easily find a fit and an outside investment manager they will be happy to work with. The firm will do this intelligently, of course, and will always seek to minimize unnecessary expenses and risks where possible.
Beacon Trust is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $500,000 in investible assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Beacon Trust:
- Main services include investment management, financial planning, tax services, trust and estate administration, private banking, and others.
- A firm that is happy to help clients of all types.
- A heavy use of technology and tools in their planning and advisory processes.
5) Hallmark Capital Management
Our last choice for Jersey City, Hallmark Capital Management, has $1.5 billion in assets under management. Founded in 1986, the Wayne-based firm prides itself on its ability to pay close attention to clients and their needs, providing personalized services that few firms are able to offer consistently.
Their investment strategy mostly focuses on customized guidelines created in conjunction with the client. They then work with a few different types of investment options, seeking to minimize risk throughout the process.
Hallmark Capital Management is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $500,000 for investment management services.
You can expect the following working with Hallmark Capital Management:
- They serve both individuals and institutions.
- A team-based approach to providing advice and management services.
- A clear and easy-to-understand process.
In many regards, there are few cities like Jersey City. Yet building wealth is often the same anywhere across the country, and it’s valuable to have someone on your side that will understand the markets and the best path forward to improved financial stability. We hope that the above selections hope you comb through the wealth of options available to you, and that you are soon able to make the best decision for you and your family. We wish you the best of luck in all your future financial endeavors.