Right outside of Denver and a city with a little something for everyone, Lakewood is an amazing place to live and an excellent place to find a stable future for yourself and your family. Yet as someone who has found some success in life, you know that financial stability is vital to a happier life. And we strongly recommend the services of a financial advisor to anyone who is looking for that stability. And with all the firms in the area, you have your choice of some of the best options in the state.
We’ve expanded our search to the greater Denver area for you, as we find that service quality is far more important than immediate proximity. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Lakewood, Colorado:
1) IWP Wealth Management, LLC
Our top choice for Lakewood and a firm with a notable $1.65 billion in assets under management, IWP Wealth Management, LLC is a Denver firm that focuses on the important client-advisor relationship, and seeks to build a trust that will last decades, if not longer. They are also a firm that will provide regular advice on the day-to-day challenges wealth might bring.
Their investment strategy is more conservative, and you can expect their main priority will be preserving your wealth while attempting to enhance returns when possible.
IWP Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have any minimums but will negotiate a quarterly fee with you. They work primarily with high net worth individuals.
You can expect the following working with IWP Wealth Management:
- A great online platform you can use to easily keep track of your wealth and make sure you’re on track.
- You can trust that your assets and financial situation will be reviewed carefully before a plan is formed.
- Experience working with families and providing advice and planning that has future generations in mind.
2) GHP Investment Advisors, Inc.
Founded in 1995 with over $1.25 billion in assets under management, GHP Investment Advisors, Inc. is a firm that is at once able to provide the full wide range of services you might expect from a large firm while still creating a comprehensive plan for each client, a process during which the firm truly shines.
Instead of short-term gains and investment tricks, they prefer to focus primarily on building long-term wealth through solid investments for their clients. Patient investors are the best type of client for this firm.
GHP Investment Advisors is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 minimum investment requirement.
You can expect the following working with GHP Investment Advisors:
- An absolute willingness to work with other professionals under your employ.
- The firm offers financial concierge services.
- Regular meetings and information regarding your portfolio and financial situation.
3) Syntrinsic Investment Council
Our third choice is a Denver firm that strays a little bit from the normal path while still being just as effective if not more effective for certain types of clients. Syntrinsic Investment Council has almost $885 million in assets under management and has been in business for just over a decade. They are committed to the idea of impactful investing, and that commitment and makes them a great choice for socially-minded investors and non-profits.
Still, 100 percent committed to their clients’ benefit, they work with each client individually to determine their preferences, goals, and best path forward.
Syntrinsic Investment Council, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires not have any specified account minimums or requirements, although you will still want to check to see if you are financially a good fit for their services.
You can expect the following working with Syntrinsic Investment Council, LLC:
- The best options in the state if you are looking to have a socially conscious and impactful portfolio.
- A patient and cautious general investment approach.
- Importance placed in objective decision making and logic when investing your money.
4) Cherry Creek Family Offices
A much more exclusive firm than nearly any other group we would recommend, to the point where they generally pick and reach out to their client first, Cherry Creek Family Offices is a firm that only works with respectable clients and primarily works with extremely wealthy families, providing them with guidance and services they might not be able to find elsewhere. They have about $827 million in assets under management.
They create custom plans for each client, and will ask that you create a “family mission statement” with them that will be the basis for your relationship and spell out your goals more precisely.
Cherry Creek Family Offices is a fee-only firm that handpicks its clients, but generally only works with families that have more than 40 million in investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Cherry Creek Family Offices:
- Constant access to information and help should you need it.
- Nearly unmatched experience working with families of such a high level of wealth. They will be able to use strategies and consider potential problems other firms wouldn’t think of.
- Heavy attention placed on your portfolio so nothing slips through the cracks.
5) Sharkey, Howes & Javier
A Denver firm that has $785 million in assets under management and a staff that has a variety of certifications and backgrounds (and many of them have decades of experience), Sharkey, Howes & Javier rounds out our list and exists to help the client reach their financial goals.
They don’t rely on a standard method, and will instead take the time to get to know you, your goals, and how your financial situation can be improved. They will assign you the advisor that they think would be best for you, and then customize your plan as needed.
Sharkey, Howes, & Javer is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $100,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Sharkey, Howes, & Javer:
- Resources regularly sent to you and available to you to help you understand how your portfolio is doing and what the status of the market in general is.
- Experience working with different types of clients.
- A large staff that should be able to provide you with whatever advice or services you need.
Whatever your final selection from the choices above (or even another firm if you have more niche needs), we hope that you have carefully considered every factor and gone the distance to make sure it’s a perfect fit. Don’t let hesitation stop you, but this is an important choice and we want to make sure you have no potential regrets. We wish you nothing but the best in your financial future, and hope that the information provided helps to positively shape your final selection.