On the southern coast of Connecticut and about halfway between Hartford and New York City, New Haven is the home of Yale University, a healthy local economy, and hundreds of years of history, all contributing to the fact that quite a few successful and wealthy individuals (perhaps like yourself) live there. Yet after a certain point, wealth can become a burden to manage, which is why we often recommend the services of a financial advisor or investment management specialist.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for New Haven, Connecticut:
1) Silvercrest Asset Management
Our top firm in the area and one based in New York City, Silvercrest Asset Management is a more exclusive firm that has $21.3 billion in assets under management, overshadowing just about every other group on this list. With locations in several cities on the East Coast, they have the expertise working with wealthier families that simply isn’t found everywhere and have the qualifications and experienced staff to back up any claims they might make.
Their investment strategy might change with each client to some degree, but you can expect them to follow their core principles and make sure to pair you with the best advisor and staff for the job every time.
Silvercrest Asset Management is a fee-only firm that has a $10 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Silvercrest Asset Management:
- They will use every resource at their disposal to make decisions regarding your assets and are always dedicated to finding additional information.
- A professional staff that holds itself to the highest standards.
- Experience working with families and generational clients.
2) Rockefeller Capital Management
Our second choice with a notable namesake, Rockefeller Capital Management might have gotten its start working for the Rockefeller family, but their services are open to other clients (including those living in New Haven), and they now have $15 billion in assets under management. They have an excellent staff, and their research team is one of the best in the area and the industry as a whole.
Rockefeller Capital Management does not consider short-term gains, and instead employs an approach that is global in reach, considering every opportunity to grow and preserve your wealth.
Rockefeller Capital Management is a fee-based firm that generally requires $5 million in investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Rockefeller Capital Management:
- As a client, you can expect a regular influx on information regarding their strategies, insights, and more.
- A team that’s experienced in working with those hoping to buy, sell, or expand a business.
- You as a client can expect to be the focus, and your goals will come first.
3) Symmetry Partners
If you’re not looking for as much personal attention from your advisor but still want to receive excellent advice, Symmetry Partners, based in Glastonbury with $5.25 billion in assets under management, might be a worthwhile option for you and your family. It also happens to be the most accessible firm on this list and can be a great firm to act as a guide as you start building your wealth.
They generally consider modern portfolio theory when investing, and thus will prioritize diversification and risk-management for your assets. They will heavily use ETFs and mutual funds in order to follow this core philosophy.
Symmetry Partners is a fee-only firm that requires that you have either $10,000 or $25,000 in investible assets, depending on what type of account you want to open with them and what services you would like to receive.
You can expect the following working with Symmetry Partners:
- Options for every type of potential investor, including especially conservative ones and those saving for retirement.
- Decades of experience fine-tuning portfolios to perfectly minimize risk while maximizing returns.
- They pay close attention to academic research and new findings in the industry in order to make changes when they would benefit their clients.
4) Private Capital Group
Private Capital Group is based in West Hartford and has about $1.1 billion in assets under management. With a decently-sized and well-qualified staff, Private Capital Group works mostly with high-net-worth individuals, although it doesn’t limit itself to them.
Their main goal at the start is to provide you with a total wealth plan, which involved an intensive interview process that will make sure no detail is left behind. Your goals will then become part of this plan, which is comprised of many different facets and financial strategies.
Private Capital Group is a fee-only firm that requires that you have a minimum $500,000 account with them for wealth management services or a fee of $2,500 for financial planning services.
You can expect the following working with Private Capital Group:
- Services offered include retirement planning, investment management, asset allocation, tax planning, estate planning, and more.
- Access to online tools and technology platforms that make wealth management much easier and will always keep you in the know regarding your assets.
- A collaborative culture within the firm that pools ideas and information for your benefit.
5) Halsey Associates
Based right in New Haven with $945 million in assets under management and a history dating back to 1967, Halsey Associates is a firm that works primarily with individuals (although they are known to work with a few trusts and other groups, if you are responsible for one) that is currently under The Washington Trust Company. They can provide comprehensive planning and investment services, and specialize in a holistic approach to tackling financial goals and challenges.
Their strategy, as mentioned, usually considers every factor about your financial life, in order to find a customized solution that will meet your needs, whatever they are, best.
Halsey Associates is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $1.5 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Halsey Associates:
- A team that holds itself to the highest standards and will deliver excellent client service.
- The ability to help a wide range of clients, no matter where you are on your financial journey.
- Services which include tax planning, trust and estate planning, standard investment management and financial planning services, insurance solutions, and more.
There are plenty of options and opportunities in New Haven for people just like you to get a better hold of their financial situation and ensure a stable level of wealth for decades or even generations to come. You should take time to make your choice, but don’t let a good opportunity slip away. A little bit of time spent now doing more research and making the perfect choice from among the above firms will make all of the difference in the future.