North from Escondido and San Diego, Oceanside is one of the most beautiful places in California, and the place to be if you love surfing, long views of the water (with the Oceanside Pier), or just a different life than what a lot of cities in California have to offer. And with all that, we know there are quite a few successful people who make Oceanside their home, who would like to enjoy their time even more. And with a financial or investment advisor to handle the smaller fiscal and portfolio decisions, that can happen quite easily.
There are quite a few options if you’re willing to work with an advisor in a nearby city (which we recommend), so we took the time to find the best of the best. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Oceanside, California:
1) Dowling & Yahnke, LLC
Our top choice for both Escondido and San Diego, Dowling & Yahnke has about $4.1 billion in assets under management and is the largest firm in the San Diego area by that measurement. Yet they do not let this cloud their judgment, as they have some of the highest ethical standards for their advisors, and you never have to worry about whether you are receiving objective advice regarding your assets.
As for their advice and investment management strategy, they mostly rely on modern portfolio theory and proper diversification of your portfolio. Minimizing risk is important to them, and they are best if you are planning for the long-term.
Dowling & Yahnke is a fee-only firm that has a $1 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Dowling & Yahnke:
- A staff with experience working with high net worth clients.
- Plenty of additional services for those with specific financial plans in mind.
- A process that makes sure no important piece of information is missed during planning and implementation.
2) Pure Financial Advisors
A more accessible firm that will work with a much wider range of people in Oceanside than any other group on this list, Pure Financial Advisors has about $2 billion in assets under management and other offices throughout California, making them more accessible and able to help you no matter where you may go in the future.
Depending on how you want to work with them and your total wealth, you will either use one of their model portfolios or work with one of their advisors on a more personal level to determine your next financial steps.
Pure Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no set account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Pure Financial Advisors:
- Services available such as investment advising, tax planning, retirement planning, and others.
- A large and extremely helpful staff.
- Services and strategies that have more specific goals such as set the right expectations or increase your total income.
3) Delphi Private Advisors, LLC
With $860 million in assets under management and experience that dates back to 2009, Delphi Private Advisors, LLC works with clients of all types and is able to provide you with whatever services you and your family may require. Whether you’re a high net worth individual or not, their advisors will listen to you carefully when creating a plan.
They prefer to use carefully balanced portfolios and will focus on minimizing your tax burden as a part of maximizing your wealth.
Delphi Private Advisors, LLC is a fee-only firm that does not have a stated account minimum but does have a minimum annual fee of $10,000. We recommend them to people with $1 million or more to invest.
You can expect the following working with Delphi Private Advisors, LLC:
- A willingness to work with other professionals under your employ.
- A team of advisors and specialists that will work together closely to further your interests.
- A set of helpful online tools to help you stay knowledgeable about your finances.
4) Telos Capital Management
A somewhat smaller firm that only has about five advisors working for them (on top of any support staff), Telos Capital Management is still an excellent choice for anyone looking for a more personalized experience from their financial planner. They have about $568 million in assets under management and have been in business since 2003 (you may have heard of them under different names in the past).
They provide custom portfolios and strive to meet your goals with them. They use an interesting methodology which we encourage you to read up more on yourself.
Telos Capital Management is a fee-only firm that requires an account minimum of only $250,000.
You can expect the following working with Telos Capital Management:
- An intense focus on your goals, creating several methods on meeting them, and working with you to overcome any obstacles.
- An adaptive approach to working with clients.
- A long-term focus in their investment approach. Potential clients should be interested in what will happen over the next decades as opposed to the next few months.
5) Rowling & Associates
With about $340 million in assets under management, Rowling & Associates with a bit of a smaller firm and a pick that won’t be best for everyone, but if you’re looking for help with tax or retirement planning, we think you should put them on your shortlist. Objective and a model of excellence within their realm of specialization, they will keep your life goals in mind and guide you to a better financial tomorrow.
Not surprisingly, they like to focus on minimizing your tax burden while utilizing software to create a portfolio that will minimize losses and maximize gains for decades to come.
Rowling & Associates is a fee-based firm that has no set account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Rowling & Associates:
- Options for people interested in socially conscious investing.
- Services available to retirees and younger professionals to help them in an often turbulent stage of life.
- Tools and services that can help you much more easily understand your current financial situation.
We know you want to get back to your business and passions as soon as possible, but we ask that you please take some time to go over each of these firms in order to find the absolute best fit for you and your family. You’ll need to consider their strategies, your goals and level of risk-aversion, and the type of people you want to work with, but there is nothing like having a financial advisor you can trust at your back when it comes to financial security. We hope that you and your Oceanside home will find further success in the years to come.