On the edge of Overland Park, and close to Kansas City as a result, Olathe, Kansas is a large community, the seat of Johnson County, and a commercial and industrial center that’s hard to top in the region. As such, it can be a great place to live, build your business, or establish a home base as you build your current wealth to new heights. Yet to do any of these things you will need to focus and you will likely need help in the form of a financial advisor or investment manager, which can take micromanagement out of the equation so you can work on what matters.
Yet what firms should you consider, given the many options available? We found that Overland Park has all your answers. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Olathe, Kansas:
1) Mariner Wealth Advisors
Our top choice for Olathe residents (as well as our top choice for Overland Park) with about $22 billion in assets under management, Mariner Wealth Advisors has been in business since 2006 and is also notable not only for its huge share of the market but it’s hundreds of available advisors spread out across multiple branches. That being said, their local office has more than enough hands-on deck to provide any service you might be looking for.
Their many advisors might use different methods, so it is difficult to state a unifying investment principle for the firm.
Mariner Wealth Advisors is a fee-based firm that has different minimum investment requirements depending on the services you are looking for.
You can expect the following working with Mariner Wealth Advisors:
- A large network of offices, making them at once perhaps less focused by far more accessible if you plan on traveling or moving (or you have a second home elsewhere).
- Organizational-focused services are available.
- Programs and packages designed for people with special circumstances in mind.
2) Meritage Portfolio Management
Our second choice, Meritage Portfolio Management, is a more exclusive firm that generally works with high net worth individuals, making them at once perhaps the best choice for a few readers and something to skip for the rest. They have $1.5 billion in assets under management and can focus on their clients in a way most firms cannot. With more than 25 years of experience, you can trust them to find the best strategy for your wealth.
Maritage Portfolio Management uses a variety of different strategies based on the needs, goals, and preferences of their clients. You will consult with your advisor to make an educated decision on this matter.
Meritage Portfolio Management is a fee-only firm that requires that you have a minimum account balance of $2 million to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Meritage Portfolio Management:
- An excellent online portal to help you keep track of your finances.
- You will have regular meetings and communications with your advisors as part of ensuring progress towards your goals.
- They will focus on valuation when analyzing potential investments.
3) Two West Capital Advisors, LLC
Next is Two West Capital Advisors, LLC, an Overland Park firm that has $1.17 billion in assets under management that mostly works with individuals (both high net worth and non-high net worth) and families, making them a great choice for professionals who have found some success in their practice. Their team consists of quite a few highly qualified advisors, most of whom have top certifications.
They work primarily from modern portfolio theory and will focus on the long-term when working with clients. There are exceptions to this if they see the right opportunity.
Two West Capital Advisors, LLC is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $500,000 in investible assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Two West Capital Advisors, LLC:
- They consider educating their clients to be an important part of the ongoing advisory process.
- A team that has high ethical standards among its members and will hold itself strictly to those standards.
- You will be working with advisors who know how to clearly communicate ideas and advice to their clients.
4) Stepp & Rothwell, Inc.
Our fourth selection, and another firm from Overland Park, Stepp & Rothwell, Inc. has been around since 1992. With nine advisors (plus other staff members) and about $565 million in assets under management, the firm seeks to provide comprehensive service and peace of mind for all of their clients.
They don’t have a strict process, but instead focus on creating more specific plans for their clients. They will get to know you and consider many different factors about you as part of their process. They will keep a close watch over your assets, and rebalance your portfolio as they deem necessary.
Stepp & Rothwell, Inc. is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement, but they do generally work with high net worth clients, and it is in your best interest to see if their fees are acceptable to you.
You can expect the following working with Stepp & Rothwell, Inc.:
- They will be happy to work with other advisors and professionals under your employ.
- The firm advises clients as a team, and you can trust that there will be multiple people at the firm who are generally up to date about your current financial status.
- They will be happy to speak with you over the phone or via video conference if you are not in the area.
5) Keen Wealth Advisors
Rounding out our list for Olathe is Keen Wealth Advisors, which has been in operation since 2014 and has $426 million in assets under management. A bit of a smaller firm when compared to the others on this list, they still have plenty of advisors on staff and are able to provide all of the standard services to clients of all types (including high net worth individuals, non-high net worth individuals, and various types of organizations).
They don’t tend to have a specific investment strategy for all clients, and instead, they will tailor their strategy and asset allocation plan to the needs and goals of the individual client.
Keen Wealth Advisors is a fee-based firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement, but you should check as to their fees to see if they would be a good fit for your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Keen Wealth Advisors:
- A large library of resources you can use to help expand the scope of your financial knowledge.
- An advisor that will see themselves as you and your family’s financial coach.
- A willingness to consider multiple approaches and viewpoints.
While it might not necessarily be the easiest choice to try and find the right financial advisor or investment manager in Olathe, Kansas, you still have plenty of options, and we have every bit of faith that with the information provided above, you will be able to get the peace of mind you need. Remember your priorities and take some time to determine your financial situation, and you’ll be well prepared to make the right choice.