A place with its own style while remaining a modern center, Pasadena offers a wonderful retreat to people outside the city and a fantastic place to live for anyone who has a home or rents there. And it stands to reason there are plenty of successful individuals like yourself living there as well, and we think they can save time and better preserve their wealth through the services of a financial planner. They can help you invest your funds and keep you on track with your long-term financial goals.
And if you’re wondering about how to look for one, we’ve already sifted through the many firms in the area for you. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Pasadena, California:
1) Aspiriant, LLC
Aspiriant, LLC, a large firm with $12 billion in assets under management, is our top choice for Pasadena. Aspiriant is able to give clients access to more options and services than most other firms, and has access to experts in every field you might consider necessary. This size also allows them to customize services as needed for clients, making them a firm with a widespread appeal.
Their main strategy mostly revolves around utilizing their research team to the fullest, analyzing prediction models and searching for opportunities for their clients.
Aspiriant, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires a $1.5 million in your account to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Aspiriant, LLC:
- A research team that is one of the best in the business, with many dedicated individuals working full time on finding hidden gems and possibilities.
- The ability to create a complete picture of your financial situation based on information and documents you provide from separate places.
- An excellent customer service team and a firm-wide commitment to providing excellent service to their clients.
Another excellent choice and massive company from Los Angeles is SEIA, which has $6.2 billion in assets under management. Founded in 1997, SEIA is a firm with a team large enough (and with enough resources for each advisor) to provide just about whatever service you need or provide advice on more specialized topics. The experience may vary from person to person based on their preferences, but they are nonetheless a great choice for people in the area or anyone looking to give back to their community.
They don’t have a specifically stated strategy, but they will look at many different factors when offering advice to their clients.
SEIA is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $250,000 or $500,000 in investible assets, depending on your requested services.
You can expect the following working with SEIA:
- Investment options and programs for the socially conscious.
- Other locations in the state of California, making them a great choice if you might not always be in Pasadena.
- Excellent retirement planning services for their clients.
3) Churchill Management Group
Churchill Management Group frequently makes our lists for the area, and with good reason: this firm is one of the best and most organized in the state (if not the country) despite having an exceptionally large staff and $5.5 billion in assets under their management. Lauded by peers and publications in the industry, they have true experts working for them and a cemented approach to everything they do.
Their strategy has worked for them and their clients for more than 50 years, which is one that mostly revolves around timing the market and its macroeconomic cycles. They keep a careful eye out, and because of this, they are best for long-term investors.
Churchill Management Group is a fee-based firm that requires $750,000 in assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Churchill Management Group:
- A big-picture outlook that mostly ignores the performance of individual investment products in favor of a general market overview.
- An excellent team that can tackle any challenge.
- A commitment to always putting clients’ goals first.
4) NWF Advisory Group
NWF Advisory Group, based in Los Angeles, is our next choice, and they have a bit over $900 million in assets under management. They are a friendly and accessible firm that’s happy to work with you on most tasks, and they have multiple locations throughout California (and beyond) so that you can work with them no matter where your travels take you.
They are flexible with their strategy, and will regularly try to make sure that you are well taken care of in your current financial situation and that you are happy with the progress your portfolio is making.
The minimum balance they require will vary based on your service package, and they are a fee-based firm.
You can expect the following working with NWF Advisory Group:
- An overall outlook that is rooted in making sure clients are set for the long-term.
- An accessible staff and a lower bar to entry than most other worthwhile firms you’ll find in the area.
- Tools and resources that can help you if you are confused about anything, and a staff that’s willing to answer any questions you might have.
5) HCR Wealth Advisors
Rounding out our list is HCR Wealth Advisors, a firm with about $1 billion in assets under management that holds itself to the highest possible fiduciary standards. If you want a firm that you can be sure works only for its clients’ interests, you don’t need to look much further than here.
They are clear in their advice and take a logical and disciplined approach to make sure that their clients receive necessary advice, not what they might want to hear or what the firm might want to tell them.
HCR Wealth Advisors is a fee-based firm that requires a minimum account of $100,000 to work with them.
You can expect the following working with HCR Wealth Advisors:
- Experience providing other types of services to clients of different types, including organizations.
- Services that would suit leaders of organizations well.
- A knowledge of how to help people dealing with transitory life events.
There is nothing stopping you from calling up one or more of these firms in the next few days, and we hope that you do just that and at the very least get more information on what you may or may not be looking for. This is a process, and there’s no perfect choice for everyone, so don’t become discouraged. Once you find the right fit, you’ll likely have a firm that will have your back for the rest of your life. Take your time, and we wish you the best of luck no matter where your search takes you.