A bit away from San Jose and the center of Monterey County, Salinas is a beautiful place that feeds people all over the world and is the envy of many Californian communities. And with that in mind, it comes as no surprise that many successful people like yourself have a home in the area. And we want you to succeed while you live there, even if you’re a bit farther away from some of the larger cities in the state. That’s why we think you could use the services of a financial planner or investment advisor.
Yet which should you choose, and how far should you go to look? We are here to answer those questions, and we’ve reviewed the options for you. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Salinas, California:
1) Silicon Valley Capital Partners, LP
Our top choice for Salinas is also our top choice for San Jose, being the closest city large enough to attract top firms that meet our standards, is Silicon Valley Capital Partners, LP. It has $334 million in assets under management, and has been in operation since 2003 when it was founded by Christopher Combs. Generally taking a more personal approach when advising clients, and seeking to build a trusting relationship, they focus on this to the point where they will use outside help for other tasks if necessary.
When investing and providing advice, they look at the big picture of the market and invest based on the trends they see, and they also will also place risk-management at a higher priority.
Silicon Valley Capital Partners is a fee-only firm that requires $500,000 in investable assets
You can expect the following working with Hall Capital Partners:
- A holistic approach to providing advice that also will consider your lifestyle and spending habits.
- A relative disregard to news on a single-company level. This firm looks for trends and patterns.
- Plenty of communication throughout the entire onboarding process and beyond.
2) Silicon Valley Wealth Advisors, LLC
Another San Jose firm, Silicon Valley Wealth Advisors, LLC is a firm that has $315 million in assets under management and works with individuals of all types. However, the twist to this is that they specialize for the most part in working with individuals who have particular needs or are in a special situation. If you are a business owner, someone worried about college costs, someone close to retirement, or in another similar group, investigate them more closely.
Given their client base’s diverse needs, the firm is not locked in on any single investment strategy and instead will create a more custom plan for each client.
Silicon Valley Wealth Advisors is a fee-only firm that requires at least $200,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Silicon Valley Wealth Advisors:
- Experience working with many different types of clients, which means that no matter your scenario you should be able to find an advisor to help.
- An intensive research process that will pull all important details in the financial world to the surface to help with making decisions.
- A willingness to adapt to the market quickly.
3) Betterwealth, LLC
A younger firm from San Jose (founded in 2015) that has $238 million in assets under management, Betterwealth, LLC is a surprisingly strong firm despite its recent appearance and has proven itself to be professional, disciplined, and an excellent choice for many clients looking for the normal set of advisory services.
They will perform active portfolio management and make adjustments as your goals and markets change. You will also be consulted on major decisions based on your preferences.
Betterwealth, LLC is a fee-only firm that has no minimum requirements, but the firm does generally work with higher net-wealth individuals.
You can expect the following working with Betterwealth:
- A commitment to educating clients about their options, their wealth, and more.
- A firm that will hold itself strictly to the fiduciary standard.
- A clear line of helpful communication.
4) Clarity Wealth Advisors, LLC
Clarity Wealth Advisors has only a handful of advisors, but this San Jose firm still has about $224 million in assets under management. They have a focused approach to providing advice, and they consider themselves as their clients’ personal CFO, willing to collaborate with others and adjust course as necessary.
They work primarily with diversified portfolios and then manage them based on both your needs and what trends they notice in the market. They are best-suited for long-term investors.
Clarity Wealth Advisors, LLC is a fee-based firm that requires that you have a $500,000 minimum account balance to start working with them.
You can expect the following working with Clarity Wealth Advisors, LLC:
- A commitment to transparency and clarity with all communication, which you can expect to be regular.
- They wish to continually educate clients on top of simply advising them.
- They will create a customized plan for you, as opposed to a cookie-cutter plan some lesser firms offer everyone.
5) Wealth Design, LLC
An even smaller San Jose firm that might still be the right choice for some, Wealth Design, LLC was founded in 2001, has $183 million in assets under management, and has one main advisor (the founder, Gene Ka). Offering all the usual financial and planning services, they tailor services to each client as they feel would best serve their needs.
The firm prefers to take a holistic approach to advising and planning, considering multiple facets of clients’ lives as well as considering multiple paths or solutions.
Wealth Design, LLC is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $1 million in investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Wealth Design, LLC:
- A commitment to meeting clients’ inquiries and needs promptly and professionally.
- A knowledge of the importance of good counsel, and they will take the time to provide it.
- A firm that is independent from outside influences.
We don’t want you to have to worry about the small details of investment while you enjoy your time in Salinas, and neither do any of the firms listed above. Not everyone will be a perfect fit, but we’re certain that if you look carefully and do some additional research (don’t be afraid to get consultations and make some phone calls), you will be able to get some peace of mind soon for both you and your family. We wish you nothing but luck in this search and all your financial endeavors.