A vital part of Orange County, complete with many attractions and a wonderful population, Santa Ana has proven itself a great place to either raise a family or get further along the way towards your own goals. Yet living there can also be expensive, and regardless you want to make the most of your assets. With this concern in mind, we recommend many people, especially those successful individuals living in Santa Ana, work with a financial or investment advisor in order to stay on the best path. Yet finding the right one can be tough, so we’re here to help.
Pulling from nearby cities such as Anaheim and Los Angeles, we found the best firms in the area that are ready to help you. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Santa Ana, California:
1) Churchill Management Group
Our top choice and one of the best firms not only in the Santa Ana and Los Angeles areas but also the entire country, Churchill Management Group has about $5.5 billion in assets under management, with some of the highest regarded advisors in the country under their employ. If you need expert help, they’ll be able to take care of you regardless of your goals and needs.
In general, they take a slower and more cautious approach to investing, but will also keep your goals heavily in mind when making any decision. They have been operating since 1962 and have been fine-tuning their core philosophy since to maximize client returns.
Churchill Management Group is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $750,000 in assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Churchill Management Group:
- A financial advisory and investment team that keeps the highest standards of discipline and objectivity.
- A heavy emphasis on individual financial goals and needs.
- A willingness to be aggressive when the time is right, but the caution and restraint to stay out of risky markets when the potential returns simply wouldn’t be worth it.
2) Westmount Asset Management
Westmount Asset Management is a Los Angeles-based financial advisory and investment management firm that is an excellent choice for self-made entrepreneurs and other individuals who are well-established in their wealth. Founded in 1990 with $2.6 billion in assets under management, they have more than a dozen well-qualified advisors on staff ready to help you with whatever you need.
Their investment philosophy is flexible, and while they have their different base strategies, your plans and goals will always take the forefront of the discussion.
Westmount Asset Management is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $2 million in your account to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Westmount Asset Management:
- An openness to using alternative investments and options not normally considered by other financial advisory and investment firms.
- Additional options for people who would like to invest their assets in a socially responsible manner.
- Lines open to other financial professionals in your employ so that there is never a lack of communication.
3) HCR Wealth Advisors
With a little over $930 million in assets under management, HCR Wealth Advisors can be a great choice for Santa Ana residents looking for a highly independent firm that is able to provide you with a wide range of investment and financial options. They work with a wide range of clients, including both individuals and organizations.
They use a full seven-step process to better understand their clients and set them up with the best plan and portfolio for the future. This is followed by constant monitoring of the portfolio and adjustment as necessary.
HCR Wealth Advisors is a fee-based firm that requires a minimum account of $100,000 to work with them.
You can expect the following working with HCR Wealth Advisors:
- Professionals who have experience working with clients who are in the middle of or anticipate transitory life events (such as a wedding or the death of a partner).
- Absolute dedication to remaining free from any conflicts of interest, a must in this industry.
- Other services available that relate to business consulting and insurance, should you need them.
4) NWF Advisory Group
Another great option for Santa Ana residents, NWF Advisory Group is a Los Angeles Firm with a few other locations throughout the state, making them an easy choice for travelers or potential movers. They have a bit over $900 million in assets under management and have been in business since 1986.
They use a long-term approach to investing, with plenty of different plans available based on your needs. Essentially, they are a good choice for people seeking security or wealth-retention.
The minimum balance required to work with them will vary by account type, and they are a fee-based firm.
You can expect the following working with NWF Advisory Group:
- Retirement planning services available should you request them.
- Lower requirements than most other worthwhile firms in the area.
- Plenty of information and tools available to help you better understand your assets, portfolio, and any processes that take place.
5) Chatterton and Associates, The Wealth Management Team, Inc.
Our top choice for an Anaheim-based firm, Chatterton and Associates, The Wealth Management Team, Inc. has $697 million in assets under management and works primarily with a small team of highly experienced professional financial and investment advisors. It should also be noted that Chatterton and Associates works primarily with high-net-worth individuals, providing financial, retirement, estate, and insurance planning services for their clients.
Their investment approach places assets in the trusted hands of independent associates and is generally cautious as a rule. They will, however, change their approach based on your individual needs.
Chatterton & Associates is a fee-based firm that has a $200,000 account minimum requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Chatterton & Associates:
- Plenty of resources and help so that you can better understand what is going on with your portfolio, should you be interested.
- The ability to heavily customize their services and approach based on the needs of the client.
- An excellent financial review as part of your initial consultation with them.
While we understand that this can be a difficult choice even with all of the information listed above, it is an important one, so take all the time you need. Be ready to make phone calls and get consultations, but once the process is over we know you’ll find greater peace of mind and reduced stress as professionals are now taking care of the smaller decisions for you and giving you expert advice on the largest ones. We hope you are able to find a good match soon and that you move forward towards your financial goals without issue.