Just a bit away from Sacramento, Modesto, and San Francisco, Stockton is a cultural center and one of the larger cities in America. And while there were concerns recently about the city’s economy and government, those problems were successfully overcome and Stockton has shown itself to be an excellent place to settle down and either make or grow your fortune. And we know those people will need help, so we want you to consider getting a financial advisor in the Stockton area. They will know the financial markets so you don’t have to.
Yet finding a financial planning or investment firm in the area can be difficult, so we looked around and expanded our search to nearby cities as well. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Stockton, California:
1) Hall Capital Partners
Based in San Francisco but certainly, worth your consideration, Hall Capital Partners is an industry titan with $36 billion in assets under management and a staff (and it should be noted that they are primarily owned by employees) to match those needs. With additional offices in New York and elsewhere, you can consider them connected and always on top of the happenings in the financial world.
Hall Capital Partners will focus on the long-term and consider global opportunities and many different asset types when crafting an investment plan for you.
Hall Capital Partners is a fee-only firm and doesn’t have a specific minimum requirement, but they do charge a minimum annual fee of $400,000, making working with them impractical for many people.
You can expect the following working with Hall Capital Partners:
- The benefits of working with an incredibly large organization.
- An extensive research process (they have over two dozen dedicated researchers) that ensures that you will also be working with informed advisors.
- A knowledge that you’ll be working with advisors and professionals who know how to work with high net worth clients.
2) Parallel Advisors, LLC
A firm that has no account minimums yet still has over two dozen advisors and $1.87 billion in assets under management, Parallel Advisors, LLC is a San Francisco firm founded in 2006 that has more options and connections than many other financial groups would know what to do with, and will carefully consider which are the best choices for you. If you’re seeking opportunities, look them up first.
They will consider asset allocation carefully, and consult with other experts under your employ if needed in order to make the best decisions.
Parallel Advisors, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires no minimum investment or account size.
You can expect the following working with Parallel Advisors, LLC:
- A focus on the client-advisor relationship as the basis of trust when providing investment or financial advice.
- A staff of highly trained experts and consultants when determining the best course of action.
- A network of specialized individuals to help you get the exact help and advice you need.
3) Silicon Valley Capital Partners, LP
With about $334 million in assets under management, Silicon Valley Capital Partners, LP was our top choice for San Jose and is an excellent choice for Stockton residents who are looking for a firm that’s willing to take a more personal approach. While on the smaller side in terms of staff, they are willing to get outside help when needed so they can stay focused on your financial needs.
Silicon Valley Capital Partners chooses to focus on a big-picture, macroeconomic approach to wealth that doesn’t place too much weight on individual company statistics.
Silicon Valley Capital Partners is a fee-only firm that requires $500,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Silicon Valley Capital Partners:
- A heavy amount of attention placed on risk-management.
- Your investment plan and future financial strategy will be created with your input. You can expect communication throughout the entire process.
- A willingness to use outside resources when it would be best for the client.
4) Betterwealth, LLC
Another San Jose firm, Betterwealth, LLC is a young firm (founded in 2015) that has grown rapidly to have $238 million in assets under their management. Disciplined in their approach and willing to consider multiple angles or perspectives, they provide the usual array of advisory services you would expect and hold themselves to the highest standards.
They manage portfolios actively based on research coming in and how the markets are performing, adjusting as necessary.
Betterwealth, LLC is a fee-only firm that has no minimum requirements, but the firm does generally work with higher net-wealth individuals.
You can expect the following working with Betterwealth:
- An approach that considers client education an important part of the advisory process.
- They will only work in the interests of their clients, and they hold themselves strictly to the fiduciary standard.
- Diversification of your portfolio.
5) Attentive Investment Managers
Attentive Investment Managers is a two-person advisory team comprised of Michael Dalton and Athena Stone that’s based in Stockton, California. They round out our list for those who would like to stick with a Stockton firm. They have a little less than $100 million in assets under management, and founder Michael Dalton has been operating since 1989, with many years of experience helping clients navigate the ins and outs of their financial lives.
They tailor their strategies based on the needs of the client, and will carefully go over your financial goals with you and determine how much risk you are willing to take on. Tax considerations are noted and your stated objectives will be the driving force behind decisions.
Attentive Investment Managers is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $100,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Attentive Investment Managers:
- Available services which include retirement planning, 401(k) planning help, aid in crafting employee retirement programs, financial planning services, and wealth management services (which includes investment portfolio management).
- A friendly (and complimentary) first consultation to make sure they would be the right fit for you.
- Regular communication regarding your financial situation.
Sometimes you might have to travel to another city to find the best fit if you’re from Stockton, but this will be an infrequent occurrence and a worthwhile one. However, the benefit of being near several other large cities is that you get to choose from the best of the best, so don’t be afraid to do some more digging and make a few additional calls. We wish you the best of luck with your search and your financial life.