On the south end of Los Angeles near the ocean, Torrance, California has more than just its beaches. It also has a growing technology industry and is one of the nicest places to live in the general area, making it a great place for successful people to buy a home and build a life for themselves and their families. Yet keeping proper track of your finances can be difficult if you already have a lot on your plate. This is why we recommend the services of a financial advisor or financial planner.
Yet which one will serve your financial and investment needs best, given the many firms in the Los Angeles area? Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Torrance, California:
With $6.2 billion in assets under management and their main office in Los Angeles, SEIA takes our top spot for people living in Torrance, California. With a large team and plenty of resources to help you get whatever you need, SEIA is a relatively accessible and reliable choice for many successful people.
They have a multi-faceted approach to providing investment advice and creating a financial plan for their clients, and they will take tax and fee considerations in mind. You can generally expect them not to miss a beat if it can make or save your money.
SEIA is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $250,000 or $500,000 in investible assets, depending on your requested services.
You can expect the following working with SEIA:
- Additional locations in the state that will be helpful if you travel frequently, may move in the future, or have homes in other locations.
- Services and options that can be a great help if you are a socially conscious investor.
- A team that is experienced with providing retirement planning services (and other related services).
2) Churchill Management Group
One of the top firms in Los Angeles and one of the best options if you meet their requirements, Churchill Management Group is a firm with $12 billion in assets under management that has one of the most well-qualified staff in the region, frequently mentioned by industry publications and their peers. Whether you need more specialized services or simply a comprehensive financial plan, they’ll be able to help.
Their approach mainly revolves around reviewing macroeconomic cycles and determining the best times to invest your assets (as well as reduce your exposure to risk in the market). This simple yet effective approach dates back decades and is the main source of their success.
Churchill Management Group is a fee-based firm that requires $750,000 in assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Churchill Management Group:
- A team of researchers (numbering about two dozen) that will pick up on unique opportunities.
- A bit-picture approach that isn’t found with every firm.
- Your financial goals and needs will be the most important factor for any decision made.
3) Lido Advisors, LLC
Our third choice for Torrance is another Los Angeles firm. Lido Advisors has more than $4 billion in assets under management and is mostly a firm geared towards serving high net worth individuals. However, it should be noted they have an excellent relationship with organizational clients as well, making them an excellent choice if you own a business or are otherwise responsible for an organization.
They mostly prefer to work with long-term investors and will help you no matter the current state of the market or your portfolio.
Lido Advisors is a fee-based firm that has a $1 million account minimum to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Lido Advisors:
- Experience helping people in a transitional period in their life.
- Services for people interested in maximizing their charitable giving.
- A staff that is well-trained and diverse in its certifications. Whatever you need, they should be able to provide solid advice.
4) Westmount Asset Management
A Los Angeles firm that has nearly 20 years of experience and around $2.6 billion in assets under management, Westmount Asset Management is a great option for Torrance residents who have a specific problem and want a solution to that specific problem. They can tailor a strategy for you and you will have a closer relationship with your advisor than what you might find with another firm.
Your financial goals will come first with them, and Westmount Asset Management is a firm that’s flexible in its strategies and open to new ideas. If it will work, they will consider it.
Westmount Asset Management is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $2 million in investable assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Westmount Asset Management:
- A high level of care and attention paid to your portfolio.
- A willingness to consider different options and ideas than what’s in the standard playbook.
- Options for people interested in socially conscious investing.
5) Oakwood Capital Management
A Los Angeles firm that might be a bit smaller when compared to the other firms on this list, but don’t make the mistake of thinking Oakwood Capital Management isn’t entirely capable of helping you, especially if you are a wealthier individual looking for some more specialized help. You can rely on them to be able to provide whatever regular services you require. They were founded in 1998 and have about $780 million in assets under management.
They mostly focus on your goals when determining a financial plan and investment strategy and will make adjustments as necessary. Research is an important part of the decision-making process for them.
Oakwood Capital Management is a fee-based firm that requires that you have at least $1 million to work with them in most cases.
You can expect the following working with Oakwood Capital Management:
- A discovery and planning process that will help you make sure nothing is missing from your financial picture.
- A staff with a diverse range of specializations.
- Experience working with many different types of investment strategies and portfolio types. Whatever you need, they’ll be able to hit the ground running.
We understand that the above information can be a bit to take in, and that you’ll probably want to narrow down your choices and do some more research over the next few days. We encourage you to follow through on this, but not wait too long to move forward with an advisor. Remember that you will always be in charge of your finances and that your goals should be the dictating factor of any financial strategy. We wish you the best of luck in your search and hope you find an advisor soon.