Chicago is one of the most important cities in the world. From the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) to Laselle St. (Chicago’s Wall Street), business rushes around Chicago like the wind that blows through it. For people like yourself, this can mean you need some fiscal guidance in the form of a financial advisor. Fortunately, we have separated the wheat from the chaff in order to identify the best options.
Here are the top five financial advisory firms in Chicago, Illinois:
- HighTower Advisors LLC
HighTower Advisors LLC currently has over $42 billion in assets under management. However, despite this fact, there is no minimum asset requirement for clients to work with the firm, making them a more accessible firm than most. It’s a large enough firm to ensure that you can always work with an expert advisor who will be a good fit for you.
The firm makes all of its investment decisions based on sound research using advanced technologies. The company runs a blog, which is updated on a weekly basis with new insights and data.
You can expect the following working with HighTower Advisors LLC:
- Up-to-date investing insights posted regularly on their website
- A fee-based compensation model
- The use of cutting-edge technology to provide clients and advisors with highly effective solutions
- RMB Capital Management
RMB Capital Management has just over $9 billion in assets under management. This is another Chicago-based financial advisory titan that can be an excellent steward of your money. However, if you would like to work with RMB Capital Management, then you will need to have at least $1 million in assets.
RMB Capital Management treats you like a true partner, and they give you all the respect and the attention that a partner deserves. The core principles of RMB Capital Management’s business philosophy are honesty, collaboration, and rigor.
It’s investment strategy centers around long-term investments, and it also uses an “open architecture” model that allows you to have your assets managed both internally and externally.
Working with RMB Capital, you can expect the following:
- A strong focus on generating tangible results
- Long-term relationships built on trust and honesty
- Extreme thoroughness regarding investment research and setting up and maintaining your investment plan
- Gresham Partners LLC
This company has over $6.9 billion in assets under management. That makes Gresham Partners LLC one of the largest financial advisors in the Chicago area. You will have to have assets of at least $180,000 to work with them. They enable you to enjoy your wealth by providing you with an integrated set of sophisticated investment management, wealth management, and reporting services.
The company also coordinates the delivery of other wealth management services that combine to address a full range of financial needs for you.
You can expect the following working with Gresham Partners LLC:
- A fee-only structure which eliminates conflicts of interest
- Comprehensive, custom financial planning which takes into account your complete financial situation and your goals
- A focus on diversification of assets to exploit market opportunities and to reduce risk
- Zack’s Investment Management
With over $4.7 billion in assets under management, Zack’s Investment Management is a force to be reckoned with. The company is very exclusive and only works with high net worth individuals and companies who have over $500,000 in assets.
One of the reasons why Zack’s investment Management is such a solid financial advisory firm is because their parent company is Zack’s Investment Research, giving it a key competitive advantage over many other firms in the area.
You can expect the following working with Zack’s Investment Management:
- Access to a “research library” on the company’s website which constantly publishes great insights and investment news
- Being able to benefit from some of the best investment research in the world
- A strong focus on meeting your individual financial goals
- Altair Advisors
Altair Advisors has over $4.5 billion in assets under management. You must have a minimum of $5 million in assets to work with this company, making it perhaps the most exclusive firm on this list. They offer a variety of services including financial planning, portfolio management, and pension consulting.
Altair Advisors is a fee-only, independent fiduciary. The professionals at Altair are extremely skilled at providing sound financial advice for major life changes such as marriage, the birth of a child, etc. Since they are a boutique firm, they also give you more attention and customization for your plan than many non-boutique firms offer.
You can expect the following working with Altair Advisors:
- A strong focus on creating multi-generational relationships
- Complete transparency regarding all fees
- A solid client education center on their website
Finding the right financial advisor is a little bit like finding the right barber shop or hair salon. It might take a few tries, but once you find the perfect one, you will most likely create a long-term business relationship with that place.
We believe that the financial advisors on this list can all serve you well and can all make for long-term partners. Once you have found the right financial advisor, you can use their help to set yourself up for a great financial future.