While other people might think of your home as a military, tech, and tourism center, there is much more to Colorado Springs. People are finding success there every year in a variety of industries, and this has turned the area into a fast-growing region with a bright future.
However, gambling your future on the overall success of your city is simply not wise. There are too many factors involved. As a result, to stay on your path, it’s smart to find someone, a financial advisor, to help you make a plan. This is because staying on top of your finances while also trying to maintain the other parts of your life can be too much for even the best of us to handle.
As a Colorado Springs resident, you are fortunate in that you have lots of different options when it comes time to choose a financial advisor. But this can almost make things more difficult, as it can be quite difficult to determine which one is truly best for you. So, to make this process easier, and to get you heading in the right direction sooner, we’ve researched the many different options and come up with a list of the best five financial advisors in the region. Here are our choices:
1) First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC
With $915 million in assets under management, First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC is the largest firm in Colorado Springs, but it remains an accessible firm due to its relatively low barrier to entry. Furthermore, it is part of a much larger network of firms (Folio Financial), so it’s a great choice for people on the go, but it might not be the best option for those looking for a more focused option.
First Affirmative advisors employ portfolio diversification when investing and will also use multiple managers, but your preferences and goals will ultimately determine final asset allocation.
In addition, First Affirmative Financial Network is a fee-only firm with just a $50,000 minimum investible asset requirement.
You can expect the following from First Affirmative Financial Network:
- Dedication to sustainable investing as well as the environmental and social impact your investments have on the world.
- A wide range of outside tools and services to provide you with more information and give you more opportunities.
- Regular rebalancing to ensure your portfolio stays on track.
2) Seamount Financial Group, Inc.
Seamount Financial Group, which has $375 million in assets under management, is a much more focused group that works with people to create a full, holistic financial plan for their lives. Your advisors will also be willing to work with any professionals in your employ, and the firm has additional offices in California and Arizona, helping to expand its reach and knowledge base.
The Seamount approach tries to minimize costs and optimize tax payments in an otherwise turbulent market. But most decisions made about your money will be based on your risk-tolerance.
Seamount Financial Group is a fee-based firm requiring a $250,000 minimum investment for wealth management services.
You can expect the following at Seamount Financial Group:
- A comprehensive outlook towards wealth management and financial planning.
- A highly-customized financial plan based around your priorities and that is well-balanced with the knowledge that you have more than one thing to worry about at once.
- A highly experienced advisory staff that meets rigorous qualification standards.
3) Peak Capital Management
Peak Capital Management is a smaller, more exclusive firm that has $272 million in assets under management. It primarily works with individuals, providing investment management and planning services, as well as financial planning services, as needed. A meticulous, disciplined, and collaborative firm, advisors are known for using all their resources and for having fined-tuned their methodology.
They use a well-researched set of portfolios for their clients, and the one they offer to you will depend on the conversations you have with your advisor. Your level of risk-tolerance will be appreciated and carefully considered so that you never find yourself in a position that makes you uncomfortable.
Peak Capital Management is a fee-only firm that requires $1 million in investible assets.
You can expect the following when working with Peak Capital Management:
- A team-based approach to financial and investment planning. You can expect to have the wisdom of a committee of experts on your side as a client.
- A selection from a range of strategies and portfolios, all fine-tuned for people in different situations and with different risk-tolerances.
- Additional business-focused services should you need them.
4) Rainsberger Wealth Advisors
With $201 million in assets under management, Rainsburger Wealth Advisors is another excellent Colorado Springs firm, even if it slightly smaller in terms of staff. Dedicated and focused on long-term client relationships, Rainsberger has been in business since 1990, and it can help you with retirement planning, investment management, and tax strategies.
When suggesting investment options, your advisor will look not only at potential gains but at expenditures and tax considerations as well, making this firm a great choice for those who want more comprehensive financial planning services.
Rainsberger Wealth Advisors is a fee-only firm that has an investment account minimum of $500,000 for individuals.
You can expect the following from Rainsberger Wealth Advisors:
- An experienced and well-qualified staff of advisors who have likely dealt with any problem or concern you could throw at them.
- A comprehensive approach to financial planning.
- An onboarding process that incorporates interviews, surveys, and more to get the best information possible.
5) Intervest International
Intervest International is by far the most accessible firm on this list. It has no minimums, and its sizable staff has the ability to help people of every financial status. However, those looking for a more exclusive firm might want to look elsewhere. Currently, the firm has $113 million in assets under management, and it was founded in 1980. In addition, because of the firm’s size, it has a wide network of advisors, and your personal advisor will always seek out the best person to provide you service or advice.
The investment strategy used for your portfolio will generally depend on the advisor or advisors with whom you work. The firm uses a variety of different investment options, so it’s difficult to define an overarching investment philosophy. However, you can be sure your financial plan will be designed according to your goals and risk tolerance.
Intervest International is a fee-based firm that has no account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Intervest International:
- A wide variety of both financial product partners and technology partners. The firm has no propriety products, helping it be more independent.
- A range of advisors and professionals that allow you to receive multifaceted advice and hear several viewpoints.
- Experience working with non-high-net-worth individuals, and knowledge of how to deal with common problems such as college planning and debt consolidation.
Of course, there are other options available in Colorado Springs, but we are certain the right choice for you and your family is among the firms listed above. We understand this can be a difficult decision, so take your time to dig deeper, reevaluate your situation and priorities, and shop around. Yet whatever your final decision, we hope the above information has been helpful and that you find nothing but more success in the future.