Steeped in history and booming with commerce, Connecticut was once one of America’s wealthiest states. Today, it’s home to high-income residents with lavish spending habits, and its largest city and economic hub, Hartford, is known as the “Insurance Capital of the World.”
However, with so much capital flying around, it can be hard to know how to make the most of your money. Fortunately, the region is awash with talented financial advisors willing to lend their talents to ensure you reach your financial goals. But with so many choices, it can be tough to know who is going to really help you move forward and achieve your financial goals.
To make sure you start this journey on the right foot, we’ve put our expertise into action to curate a list of the best firms around. Below you can find more information about the firms that made the list so that you can start making your money work for you.
Symmetry Partners, LLC
With over $4 billion assets under management, Symmetry Partners is by far the largest firm in Connecticut. Yet with only 17 advisors and 16,000 clients, you can be sure of an intimate experience and an intense focus on identifying your needs.
This fee-only firm is comprised of chartered financial analysts (CFA) and chartered alternative investment analyst (CAIA.), and its main focus is on creating diverse investment portfolios. However, the majority of its investment strategies are comprised of ETFs and mutual funds.
Minimum asset requirements vary depending on what type of account you want to open. For example, for a mutual fund portfolio, you will need $10,000, but an exchange-traded fund requires $25,000.
You can expect the following when working with Symmetry Partners, LLC:
- Investment-driven financial strategies that aim to grow and diversify your assets.
- A philosophy that largely minimizes unneeded risk and that is based on the firm’s years of expertise.
- A heavy focus on academic research to drive factor-based investing that delivers enhanced returns.
Financial Vision, LLC
Financial Vision takes a more holistic view of your finances, which means it offers customers a vast variety of plans to help with every stage of your economic life, such as retirement, investment, estate, insurance, family planning and more.
The company aims to create a vision for your life that is led by your needs rather than its ideas. Your advisor will help you facilitate your desires by offering proactive, thoughtful, and trustworthy advice.
Since 2012, Financial Vision has been listed as a FIVE STAR wealth manager by Connecticut Magazine and Crescendo Business Services.
You can expect the following when working with Financial Vision, LLC:
- Personalized financial strategies that are designed around your individual goals and lifestyle.
- Comprehensive support for all stages of your life and the transitions between them.
- Contingency plans for unexpected life changes, alongside intimate assistance whenever undesired occurrences void your current financial management tactics.
SageBroadview offers different financial packages depending on where you are in your career. The firm understands the importance of tailoring your investment and savings strategies to you, and it provides different options for young and established professionals.
With five staff members, the team and SageBroadview is relatively small, but three of the five are certified financial planners (CFPs.) The firm’s promise to you is to reduce the stress around financial planning so that you can focus on living your best life.
Furthermore, the combination of genuine expertise and human insight offered by SageBroadview advisors will make your experience comfortable, personable, and profitable.
The firm is fee-only, meaning you are only charged based on a percentage of the assets you invest. You do not need to worry about being pushed towards one investment opportunity because the firm stands to make a commission on what it sells you.
You can expect the following when working with SageBroadview, LLC:
- A thorough and unique process that starts by getting to know your needs and then uses technology to create a personalized net worth dashboard.
- Assistance on decision-making at every step of your financial journey, whether it’s regarding a new job, buying or selling a home, and much, much more.
- The use of innovative digital tools to optimize the process and help you visualize your financial life.
Northeast Financial Consultants, Inc.
Northeast Financial Consultants is another highly-rated firm which manages nearly $3 billion in assets. Currently, there are only two advisors on staff; one is a CFA, and the other is a certified public accountant (CPA.) There is no minimum account requirement, and the company is fee-only.
The firm offers all-round financial consulting based on your personal requirements. It provides support for all significant monetary transitions and will work with your whole family, which means you can even discuss inheritance and estate strategies with your advisor.
The staff uses a hands-on approach, providing education and advice to help make your dreams a reality. Advisors invest in each client and honestly care about your financial well-being.
You can expect the following when working with Northeast Financial Consultants, Inc:
- An intimate relationship with your advisor that will help you understand and be more confident about your current financial situation.
- Bespoke financial strategy plans based on your personal situation and individual needs.
- Annual in-person meetings with your advisor and ongoing communication with regular updates via email, mail, and phone.
Agemy Financial Strategies, LLC.
Agemy Financial Strategies is a wealth advisory firm that specializes in planning your retirement. It aims to help customers design and strategize their investment portfolio to ensure they have enough income once they’ve finished their working life. But instead of taking control, Agemy puts you in charge of your financial future, yet your advisor will offer all the advice necessary to make it a success.
Founded in 1990, the team has nearly 30 years of experience. Currently, there are 11 people on staff, so you can be sure that you will be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
The firm has also been awarded the Five Star Professional award for nine consecutive years. The award is developed by an international research group to identify the top players in every field. The firm’s CEO, Andrew Agemy, also has previous experience as a pastor, which he says is integral to his financial advice style.
You can expect the following when working with Agemy Financial Strategies, LLC:
- Thoughtful, personalized advice that helps you save for retirement and leave enough wealth to pass onto the next generation.
- Education and empowerment to make your own informed financial decisions.
- A focus on common-sense income strategies to make saving and growing your investments easy.
Finding the right Financial Advisor means opting for a firm that gels well with your personality and lifestyle. What’s right for someone make not work for another. While the choice largely comes down to personal preference, we can guarantee the above firms are qualified to make your dreams a reality, and we suggest you start your search by contacting one or all of them.