This beautiful coastal city in the Lone Star State hosts one of the largest ports in the country and is home to a wide variety of growing businesses. As such, there are plenty of individuals, perhaps like yourself, that have found financial success and need help determining the next steps to take. Whether it is investment or retirement advice, you are going to want to talk to a financial advisor about where to go next.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisors for Corpus Christi, Texas:
1) Oxbow Advisors, LLC
Oxbow Advisors, LLC is effectively the only major choice within the area of Corpus Christi, but that does not mean it is not an excellent one. The firm, founded in 2007 and with $1.48 billion in assets under management, generally specializes in investment services, although they do branch out into other areas as well. They prefer a mixture of both safe and potentially volatile assets, although they take your strictly into consideration when making the split between those assets.
Based on their process, you might find your portfolio shift often, so you will want to keep that in mind when considering their services.
Oxbow Advisors, LLC is a fee-based firm that has no stated account minimum, but you should expect something along those lines to come up as you set up your account.
You can expect the following working with Oxbow Advisors:
- A focus on the importance of conservatism in investing your money.
- Two types of investment services or accounts, one suited for risk and another suited for peace of mind.
- Knowledge and expertise with people who just sold their business.
Other Excellent Texas Financial Advisory Firms for Corpus Christi
Unfortunately, there are few firms based in Corpus Christi that meet our standards. As such, we would like to turn your attention towards other Texas firms that might be able to suit your needs.
2) Avalon Advisors
A large firm based in Houston with about $6.6 billion in assets under its management, Avalon Advisors is generally our top choice if you are a very wealthy individual looking for a firm that knows exactly how to treat and work with people such as yourself. They use a collaborative approach that pools their expertise so that you are getting the best possible advice the firm can offer at any time.
They use a global perspective, and their extensive research into every possible economic factor reflects that.
Avalon Advisors is a fee-based firm that has a 10 million minimum investment requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Avalon Advisors:
- Plenty of tools and resources so you can get a better grasp on the current market.
- A global perspective so that even if you live in Corpus Christi, your portfolio is keeping up with the world.
- More experienced advisors than you would find at most other firms.
3) South Texas Money Management, Ltd.
Based in San Antonio and with $3.31 billion in assets under its management, South Texas Money Management focuses on the individual and the relationship between the client and the advisor. Personal and communicative, they are the best choice if you want to be sure that your goals, needs, and assets get the attention they deserve.
Their investment approach involves a diversified plan and a long-term approach, so your money remains stable through turbulent times.
South Texas Money Management is a fee-only firm that requires a $1 million minimum investment.
You can expect the following working with South Texas Money Management:
- A focus on building a long-term relationship with you and, if applicable, your family.
- Clear and honest communication in all dealings.
- A variety of tools and approaches, all utilized to make sure you get the very best advice.
4) Linscomb and Williams
Houston-based Linscomb and Williams is a longstanding firm (founded in 1971) with just under $3 billion in assets under its management, and they are our choice for those looking for excellent retirement or tax planning, which is what they generally specialize in when compared with other firms. They have many long-term clients who trust them, and their work is well-respected in the field.
Linscomb and Williams is a firm that will try to work with you to determine your exact goals, and then take time to find a unique approach to meeting them.
Linscomb and Williams is a fee-only firm that has a $1 million account minimum requirement. They have ties to Cadence Bank, but they do not earn commissions.
You can expect the following working with Linscomb and Williams:
- Excellent risk-management and tax-planning services.
- A unique, personalized approach to whatever financial issues or goals might arise for you.
- A full breakdown of your financial situation.
5) Strategic Financial Concepts
Rounding out our list is the more accessible San Antonio firm Strategic Financial Concepts, with almost $177 million in assets under management. They work with individuals who are looking to find additional security and stability in their financial life. Their staff is notably helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable.
When it comes to investing, they use a diversified approach and seek out as many useful perspectives and bits of useful information as possible in order to provide the best advice.
Strategic Financial Concepts is a fee-based firm that has a $250,000 account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Strategic Financial Concepts:
- Planning that uses a team-based approach, ensuring the best ideas come forward.
- The use of outside resources when necessary to gain additional perspective.
- A wide variety of services provided. If you need it, they can help you.
We understand that it might be a difficult choice when determining what firm might be best for you should you live in the Corpus Christi area. But, we hope that by providing you with the above options you’ll be able to find a firm that will be your financial rock for the foreseeable future. We encourage you to perform further research, even looking into other firms if you need to, and to take your time.