A mile-high metropolis of the region, Denver is the jewel of Colorado and home to new ideas, many businesses, and plenty of successful individuals such as yourself. Yet with so many things to do in the city and a busy life to lead, most don’t want to spend their hours pouring over financial reports to ensure their wealth is safe and growing. But you don’t need to make this choice when you have the services of a financial advisor on your side.
However, because of Denver’s size any vibrant economy, you will be faced with countless choices when it comes time to pick a financial advisor, adding yet another lengthy task to your already full to-do list.
But we want you to find the best financial advisor as quickly and as easily as you can, so we’ve researched the many different firms in the city and created a list of the five best. Here are the firms we consider to be the best in Denver, Colorado.
1) IWP Wealth Management, LLC
With $1.655 billion in assets under management, IWP Wealth Management is the largest firm on this list. It focuses on providing the day-to-day advice families need to stay successful in a complex economic world. Advisors at IWP are careful, and they emphasize a personal approach to advising that puts the advisor-client relationship front and center.
In general, the firm is more conservative than most and seeks to preserve the wealth you already have while providing some returns. Advisors will use customized portfolios for each of their clients.
IWP Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have any minimums but will negotiate a quarterly fee with you. At the moment, the firm works primarily with high-net-worth individuals.
You can expect the following when working with IWP Wealth Management:
- A technology platform you can use to keep close track of your assets and your portfolio’s growth.
- A heavy focus on family finances, ensuring generational wealth and a holistic approach to management.
- A detailed approach that will run over your family’s assets with a fine-toothed comb.
2) GHP Investment Advisors, Inc.
Our next choice is GHP Investment Advisors, Inc., a firm founded in 1995 that currently has over $1.25 billion in assets under its management. Providing a wide range of services, the firm believes maximum success can only come from a comprehensive approach to financial planning.
The firm’s portfolios and services are highly customized and are centered around long-term gains. GHP advisors wish to remove short-term planning from the equation and set you up for lifelong stability.
GHP Investment Advisors is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 minimum investment requirement.
You can expect the following working at GHP Investment Advisors:
- A philosophy that revolves around integration. Your advisors will work other professionals (accountants, lawyers, etc.) under your employ to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Regular communication and meetings with your advisors. They are available and want you to know the status of your portfolio whenever you desire it.
- Financial concierge services should you require or want them.
3) Private Capital Management
Private Capital Management, with $1.14 billion in assets under management, is a firm that was founded in 2000 and that specializes in working with individuals. With that noted, the firm’s advisors prefer to work closely with their clients, customizing and personalizing services as needed in order to create the optimal client experience and to maximize returns. They work with families and individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including executives and business owners.
As a client, you will get a customized plan and portfolio based on your needs. Investment strategies are based on heavy amounts of research designed to filter through multiple options and select the best possible investment opportunities.
Private Capital Management is a fee-only firm that requires you to have at least $500,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following from Private Capital Management:
- Experience working with clients going through transitional periods of life such as a divorce or the death of a family member.
- Complete independence and pride in the integrity of the firm.
- An in-depth onboarding process and regular reviews and meetings to ensure continued success.
4) Cherry Creek Family Offices
A very, very exclusive firm (we were almost tempted to not include them on this basis), Cherry Creek Family Offices works only with extremely wealthy families. Most people and families won’t even give them a second thought, but if your family qualifies, you likely won’t find a better experience elsewhere.
This particular firm uses open architecture and individualized plans for each client. In general, it works mostly with private investment opportunities and long-term investments.
Cherry Creek Family Offices is a fee-only firm that handpicks its clients, but it typically only works with families who have more than $40 million in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Cherry Creek Family Offices:
- Extremely personalized services and rigorous management of all your assets.
- Unmatched experience working with extremely wealthy families and the unique concerns and problems that arise with generational wealth.
- Constantly available information and advisor access for you and your family.
5) Sharkey, Howes & Javier
Rounding out our list is Sharkey, Howes & Javier, a firm with $785 million in assets under management and a large staff from a variety of backgrounds. This firm works strictly for the client and will take some time to find the best advisor for you, as well as to plan or portfolio for your unique needs. The team is noteworthy in its experience, and most advisors have decades in the industry under their belt.
The firm will work with you to determine how your assets should be located via a variety of factors, and then rebalance in the future as necessary.
Sharkey, Howes, & Javier is a fee-only firm that requires you to have $100,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following from with Sharkey, Howes, & Javier:
- Regular reports, papers, and resources to help you better understand the current financial environment.
- Experience working with a wide variety of client types from various backgrounds.
- A relatively large staff of highly qualified and experienced advisors.
Denver is a rich city in more ways than one, and there are plenty of other firms to choose from in the region. However, we’re confident in our choices and know you are likely to find a great firm for you and your family on the list above. We ask you to dig deeper into the ones that piqued your interest, and we wish you financial success and peace of mind as you develop a relationship with your advisor.