Des Moines is the capital city of Iowa and home to many successful insurance firms and other businesses. The city has gained recognition from Forbes by being named the best place for business in 2010 and 2014. With an increase in the number of businesses, it calls for the best financial management and advisory services from the top financial advisors in the state. These are advisory firms that will help you keep your wealth safe from poor decision making and during periods of volatile economic activity.
Here are our top five choices for a financial advisory firm for Des Moines, IA.
Principal Financial Group
One of the largest firms in the country serving over 19.2 million clients worldwide, Principal Financial Group has about $692.4 billion in assets under its management. Founded in 1879, It has offices in 19 countries, with its headquarters located in Des Moines. It’s a huge company that provides a wide range of financial services. We bet you can find just about anything you’re looking for with this firm. They mostly provide retirement plan services, insurance products, and investment products.
They have been in business for very long (more than a century), and their vast institutional experience will be able to help clients achieve all their long-term financial stability goals no matter what they are.
Principal Financial Group is a fee-based firm that has not set minimum account investment to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Principal Financial Group.
- A firm with global access to markets and the resources to make sure that you will always get the best investment options.
- Experience working with many clients, all of whom have unique financial situations. No matter what you bring to them, they’ll have handled something similar before.
- Use of best-in-class collaboration solutions and innovative technology that empower all their clients by giving them more and concrete information tailored towards achieving financial freedom
Foster Group, Inc
Foster Group, Inc, founded in 1989, is a top-rated firm in Des Moines that offers customized financial services. It has more than $1.4 billion in assets under its management. Their qualified team stands out due to the fact they focus on creating meaningful client relationships by educating their clients first.
They deal with all sorts of clients, including high-net-worth individuals, doctors and health professionals, business owners and executives, company retirement plans, and many other types of institutions. They offer financial services that are based on transparency and trust.
Foster Group, Inc is a fee-only firm that requires a $500,000 investment minimum to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Foster Group.
- Customized financial services that are geared towards achieving one’s financial goals with minimal risk.
- A proud team ready to serve its clients by maintaining their strong culture, values, and work ethic over the years.
- Choices offered according to what’s right for the clients, either in the short-term or the long-term.
Gilbert & Cook
With more than $405 million in assets under its management, Gilbert & Cook is an independently-owned advisory firm that mainly focuses on individual investment services, financial planning, and consulting. They have been in business for over two decades, working with high-net-worth individuals and families by ensuring they accomplish their financial goals while still making the most of what life has to offer.
They believe that first impressions start with the best customer service accorded to their clients hence creating a paramount relationship with them. They have a qualified team of professionals who work with a positive attitude that radiates integrity and compassion to all its clients.
Gilbert & Cook is a fee-based firm that requires a $1 million account minimum requirement to work with them. Other charges include an asset-based fee that ranges up to 2.25 percent of total assets and financial planning fees that have a maximum of $350 per hour or ranges from $150-$28,000 on a flat basis.
You can expect the following working with Gilbert & Cook.
- They give clients the freedom to work with different managers as well as to conduct their own extensive research through a bundled program.
- A professional team that is committed to offering the best services possible to their clients.
- A focus on each client’s specific needs as financial situations evolve, leading to more effective financial planning and investment strategies.
Legacy Financial Group, LLC
Founded in 2010, Legacy Financial Group, LLC, is a firm with a bit more than $387 million in assets under its management. They specialize in actively managed portfolios by considering asset allocations that look to outperform market benchmarks. They utilize extensive research, theory analysis, and other useful techniques to come up with investment strategies that will have the potential to provide great returns. The primary services offered by the firm include financial planning and investment management services.
They believe that by diversifying portfolios, they can provide their clients with excess returns by overweighting investment styles and undervalued asset classes. Their qualified teams are always willing to go above and beyond in helping you attain financial confidence no matter which path you choose.
Legacy Financial Group, LLC is a fee-based firm that has no set account minimum requirement to work with them. However, you will pay an asset-based fee with a maximum of 1.25% of your assets under management and about $150-$250 an hour for financial planning fees.
You can expect the following working with Legacy Financial Group.
- A firm that doesn’t mimic the market benchmark but tries to outperform it by ensuring you get strong returns from your investment plans.
- An experienced support team that offers the best client services at all times.
- Additional services such as tax planning, estate planning, and risk assessment.
West Financial Advisors, LLC
West Financial Advisors, LLC, founded in 2006, has a bit more than $159 million in assets under its management. They mostly serve entrepreneurs, emerging executives, empty nesters, active retirees, strong women, and new parents. It helps them grow as well as protect their wealth with top-tier quantitative investment management and personal financial planning.
They advise their clients on topics such as investments, taxes, estate, retirement, business succession, and charitable planned giving before working with them. This creates a relationship based on transparency and trust on their end to their clients.
West Financial Advisors, LLC is a fee-only firm that has not set minimum account requirement to work with them. The firm mostly deals with households with at least $1 million or high-net-worth individuals with assets exceeding $2 million.
You can expect the following working with West Financial Advisors.
- A firm that manages and knows how to handle many different types of clients and financial situations.
- A face-to-face meeting with their clients to talk to them about their time horizon and risk tolerance level.
- A team that checks and compares previous benchmarks performance to determine how best the current portfolio is fairing.
It’s not necessarily easy to find a financial advisory firm in Des Moines locality, and it can take you hours of research. We have selected the above top five options so you can skip at least part of this process and hopefully find one that is a perfect fit for you. Be sure to perform extensive research before choosing any firm, and make sure it’s the right one for all your needs and future goals. We hope you’ll achieve financial success in all your future dealings.