While not the largest city in Arkansas, Fayetteville is still a notable destination for many and a cultural center in the area, not to mention the home of the University of Arkansas. It is also notably a great city for businesses and fledgling professionals, meaning there are plenty of success stories in the city’s present and future. And where there are success stories, there is a need for the quality advice only a financial advisor can provide.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Fayetteville, Arkansas:
Cabana Asset Management
The largest firm in Fayetteville with $608 million in assets under management and our top choice, Cabana Asset Management is an accessible firm that is willing to work with clients of many different walks of life, providing comprehensive plans for whatever you and your family’s needs are at the moment.
Their investment strategy is generally more conservative than most, hoping to limit losses. The firm heavily uses ETFs and mutual funds in their portfolios.
Cabana Asset Management is a fee-based firm that has no set account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Cabana Asset Management:
- The use of one of several portfolio models based on your risk tolerance.
- The availability of insurance products if you are interested.
- Expert Medicare and Social Security planning services alongside other services to help you maximize your retirement income.
Greenwood Gearhart is our second choice with $462 million in assets under management, and the fee-only firm is very thorough and thoughtful in its approach, making it a notable choice even if its advisors mostly do not have the top certifications in their field. Their main services include investment management, general financial planning services, and corporate retirement planning services for interested parties.
They take a nuanced and multifaceted approach to investment, reviewing opportunities within the overall context of the market and only taking the best options for their clients.
Greenwood Gearhart is a fee-only firm that has no account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Greenwood Gearhart:
- Independence and very trustworthy advice. In most cases, your portfolio will look much like your advisors’. Compensation is tied to client success.
- You as the client will be at the center of all decisions, and you can expect both excellent service and a high level of transparency.
- A focused yet conservative financial planning philosophy.
Rounding out our list of firms within the city is Longer Investments, a firm founded in 1985 that has $151 million in assets under its management. More exclusive than the other firms in terms of requirements, you can likely expect them to have a bit more experience working with wealthier clientele. We would also like to note their very recent combination with Prime Capital Investment Advisors from Kansas, which may affect both their independence and their resources.
When building portfolios, the firm prefers to first identify worthwhile investments and then perform further research to determine a clear evaluation of a given company. Opportunities are then capitalized on according to the will of the client.
Longer Investments is a fee-only firm that requires clients to have $1 million in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Longer Investments:
- Excellent tax management, retirement planning, and estate planning services.
- Experience working with additional types of organizations and trusts.
- High standards for both ethical considerations and the independence of their advisors.
Other Excellent Arkansas Firms for Fayetteville
Unfortunately, there are only a few firms in Fayetteville that meet our standards. Therefore, if none of the above options seem like a good fit, we encourage you to look into one of these firms instead:
Lathrop Investment Management Corp.
Our top choice for Little Rock, Lathrop Investment Management Corp. has $608 million in assets under management. In business since 1981 yet smaller in staff than some of its competitors, we primarily recommend it for high net worth individuals and organizations. You can expect the full range of services to be provided.
Lathrop, when building portfolios and providing advice, will consult both its own and outside research to serve its clients best. They are oriented towards providing long-term returns.
Lathrop Investment Management Corp. is a fee-only firm that has a $5,000 minimum annual fee, but no account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Lathrop Investment Management Corp.:
- Transparent, objective advice, complete with an open line of communication and a focus on the client-advisor relationship.
- Extremely high standards for all their advisory staff.
- A high level of experience working with high net worth individuals.
Meridian Investment Advisors
Rounding out our list is another firm in Little Rock, Meridian Investment Advisors, with $533 million in assets under management. Close to Lathrop in size and scope, Meridian sets itself apart with its focus on providing excellent retirement and investment planning services. They work with both high net worth and non-high net worth individuals well, so long as you meet their requirements.
The strategies based around their clients’ priorities (both short and long term) and tolerance for risk, so you can expect a relatively customized plan and portfolio.
Meridian Investment Advisors is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 asset minimum.
You can expect the following working with Meridian Investment Advisors:
- Careful consideration of your needs and circumstances in order to select the best plan.
- A range of online tools to help you keep track of and manage your portfolio.
- A clear line of communication and a dedication to transparency in all dealings.
These aren’t the only financial advisors available to you, but we are nearly certain that one of the above options will be the best choice for you and your family. To that end, we encourage you to do more research so you can rest easy. Regardless of the result of your search, we hope that you find nothing but continued success and that you are happy with your future partnership.