The economic center for Central California, Fresno is a beautiful city with a unique economy, and just because it doesn’t have the name power of a city like San Francisco or Los Angeles doesn’t mean there is a dearth of economic opportunity. On the contrary, there are plenty of successful individuals just as yourself that might need some help managing their finances and making sure they’re on the right path. Fortunately, this is where a financial advisor can come in and help you.
Here are our top picks for financial advisors for Fresno, California:
1) SCF Investment Advisors
Part of a much larger organization, SCF Investment Advisors is a firm founded in 2003 and has just over $1 billion in assets under its management. Their size takes the top spot for them, with an incredibly large staff to support their wide-ranging client base’s needs. They advertise putting the client first and do so through personalized plans and services. In general, we would recommend anyone at least see if their model would work for them.
They work as a brokerage and insurance services firm as well, in the event you need help in those areas. In these aspects, its large size is a benefit to its clients.
SCF Investment Advisors is a fee-based firm that has a $10,000 account minimum requirement
You can expect the following working with SCF Investment Advisors:
- Strategies heavily based on your goals, risk-tolerance, and other preferences.
- Access to information as you want it, with no superfluous paperwork on top of it.
- A focus on responsiveness and efficiency when interacting with their clients.
2) Regency Investment Advisors
Regency Investment Advisors, with $439 million in assets under management, is a firm founded in 1993 that has a variety of certified planners on staff to help with whatever you might need. In fact, they are among the most diverse with their offerings of the firms on this list and can help you with both your short term and long-term goals.
They emphasize their independence from any other institution and have set up structures, guidelines, and systems to make sure their advisors are as objective as possible. They do have a past as a bank subsidiary, however, which gives them a unique level of experience.
Regency Investment Advisors is a fee-only firm that has a $250,000 minimum for investment advisory services.
You can expect the following working with Regency Investment Advisors:
- A very wide range of services offered when compared with other firms.
- A minimized risk approach to managing your portfolio.
- Employer retirement planning services should they be needed.
3) Whelan Financial
Whelan Financial, founded in 1988, has about $308 million in assets under its management. Providing individual services as well as some services for businesses, they will provide you with a dedicated advisor and help you sidestep many of the common mistakes people make investments or planning. They also value creative and new ideas more than most other firms.
The firm generally uses mutual funds and diversified portfolios for its clients, albeit it will use other asset types when they would be advantageous.
Whelan Financial is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 account minimum and a $5,000 minimum annual fee.
You can expect the following working with Whelan Financial:
- The highest ethical standard and educational from every team member you work with.
- They will work with your attorneys, accountants, and other professionals under your employ to make sure your plan is unified and on track.
- Quarterly meetings which will address any concerns or questions you might have.
4) Portfolio Advisors, Inc.
With $186 million in assets under management, Portfolio Advisors, Inc. is a firm that focuses on helping individuals using their core staff of financial advisors. Founded in 1990, the firm mostly focuses on providing investment management services, but other types of financial planning services are available if needed, especially retirement and social security planning.
We would also like to note their relatively large library of resources and papers to review.
Portfolio Advisors, Inc. is a fee-only firm that has no set account minimum but does have a minimum annual fee of $5,000.
You can expect the following working with Portfolio Advisors, Inc.:
- An investment strategy that focuses primarily on asset allocation as opposed to timing the market.
- Regular meetings and rebalancing as the market naturally changes over time.
- An onboarding process that takes place over several months and gets you acclimated with their systems and processes.
5) Pathways Advisory Group
With 165 million in assets and founded in 2007, Pathways Advisory Group rounds out our list at number five and serves as a great choice for the average family (although they also work wonderfully with high net worth people). They have a well-outlined strategy for every service and scenario they work with, and as such, you’d be hard-pressed to catch them off guard.
They will work with you through a series of meetings to precisely determine your goals and a strategy to reach them, as well as work with the portfolio you already have.
Pathways Advisory Group is a fee-only firm that has a minimum annual fee of $1,250.
You can expect the following working with Pathways Advisory Group:
- A willing to take time to determine exactly what the right plan would be for you and your family.
- A range of services that includes tax planning, maximizing your resources, college planning, and looking over your household finances.
- An investment strategy that relies heavily on mutual funds.
Finding a financial advisor that is perfect for you and your family might not be easy, but we’re certain that one of the above firms working in the Fresno area will be a perfect fit. Whatever you’re looking for, you can rest assured that there is a provider for you. We encourage you to perform further research on this topic and take your time. We also hope that no matter your final choice, you find success in your future business and financial endeavors.