A state in located in the heart of the Midwest, Iowa is famous for its unique landscape of rolling plains and cornfields. But it also has a vibrant economy, and an important role in American politics, both of which play a role in attracting successful people such as yourself to the heart of the heartland.
However, to make sure you can remain comfortable in Iowa for the rest of your life, you need a plan, and to make that plan, you must hire a financial advisor. They will help you understand your finances and make smart investments that will preserve your wealth in the years to come.
Throughout Iowa, there are many different financial advisory firms, which makes choosing one quite overwhelming. So, to help you, we’ve done an exhaustive study of the different firms in the region and come up with a list of the best five. Below you can find our choices as well as a short description of what makes each one stand out.
Steele Capital Management, Inc
In business since 1946, Steele Capital Management, Inc has more than $1.8 billion in assets under its management. It has two main offices in Iowa, one in West Des Moines and another one in Dubuque. For the last decade or so, the firm has gained recognition from Barron as one of the top 100 independent advisors.
They mostly serve individuals or company-sponsored retirement plans. If you’re nearing retiring and live in Iowa, this is the financial advisory firm to consider.
Furthermore, you can expect wealth management and financial planning services that deal with your family roadmap, which is the plan you make about what to do with your wealth or estate when you pass on. Also, advisors will explain why you need a financial delegate to organize and manage your wealth when your time does eventually come.
Steele Capital Management, Inc is a fee-only firm that has not set any minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Steele Capital Management.
- Access to some of the latest financial planning tools to help you check financial reports with ease and accuracy.
- A family roadmap option that is set to ensure no financial burdens are left when you die.
- Unbiased advice on all your investment portfolios in a trustworthy and transparent way.
Compass Financial Services
Compass Financial Services has offices in West Des Moines and Adel (appointment only), and it has nearly $190 million in assets under its management. They work with all sorts of clients in making sure their dollars match with their dreams. To do this, they offer not only financial advice but also educational resources that help you choose the best possible financial plan for you.
This firm is the best in the state if you’re nearing retiring. We know the change from being employed to retired is challenging, and that’s why you need the services of this firm to ensure everything will sail smoothly even after retirement.
Compass Financial Services is a fee-based firm that has no minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Capital Financial Services.
- Educational resources to help their clients in financial decision making rather than directing them.
- A conversation to help you once you’re nearing retirement, and to get the best retirement planning option.
- A philosophy that cares more about the value of a person than the value of their account.
Marrs Wealth Management, LLC
A financial advisor firm in Ames, Iowa, Marrs Wealth Management, LLC has a bit more than $186 million in assets under management. They offer wealth management services, retirement planning, and investment advice, and they do so in a crafted and independent way that helps clients safeguard their financial future while still growing their wealth.
They try to maximize your risk-adjusted returns by performing substantial investments and by using in-house as well as third-party researchers that clearly predict taxes, fees, and inflation. The firm also employs a client-centric approach that ensures you as the client come first and that any financial advice you receive is unbiased and tailored for financial success.
Marrs Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that requires a $500,000 minimum account investment to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Marrs Wealth Management.
- Portfolio diversification that uses a broad selection of asset classes to minimize risk and increase returns.
- Careful oversight of your portfolio that’s subject to monitoring once in a while to ensure it performs to its best.
- Dedicated customer service personnel that works tirelessly to ensure all your inquiries are answered clearly and in a quick manner.
West Financial Advisors
Founded in 2006, West Financial Advisors, located in Des Moines, has more than $159 million in assets under its management. They provide wealth management services to people from all walks of life such as state employees, retirees, pre-retirees, executives, and professionals. Furthermore, the firm works well with couples and women seeking to gain full control of their financial futures.
They also ensure to meet with their clients regularly to update as well as review their progress and to ensure their financial plans are on the right track. They can do this through a face-to-face meeting that can be in-person or online.
West Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that requires no minimum account investment to work with them.
You can expect the following working with West Financial Advisors.
- Continuous progress reports that keep you updated on the status of your account.
- The use of sophisticated modeling and analysis to create a unique plan that will lessen risks while enhancing positive results.
- Excellent customer experience from its qualified team of advisors.
Quad Cities Investment Group, Inc
With around $159 million in assets under its management, Quad Cities Investment Group, Inc has its offices in Davenport. They provide services like wealth protection, portfolio building, and financial planning. With this firm, you can expect to have your wealth well-managed even throughout unexpected financial situations.
When you become a client, they don’t just start working with you. Instead, they listen to you first to determine your unique needs, goals, and risk tolerance. Overall, this is a firm that cares more about how you feel than how much money you have or want to make.
Quad Cities Investment Group, Inc is a fee-based firm that requires a $80,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Quad Cities Investment Group.
- A 24/7 knowledge center where you can find information on financial news and market commentary research.
- A planning process that starts with listening, planning, guiding, and lastly, protecting you in all financial decisions.
- Tailored solutions based on your specific situation and needs but that are designed to help you achieve your goals.
You can find many financial firms in Iowa, but we are confident these are the best five. But before you choose any firm, do your own research to ascertain it’s the one best-suited to help you reach your goals. Check out our city-specific resources, and also call these firms to schedule an informational meeting. It might take a while to determine which one is best for you, but it’s well worth the wait, as financial stability and security is waiting on the other side.