Boasting a notable population of over 270,000 people, several universities, and quite a few tech sector company headquarters, Irvine is a city with more economic opportunity and success than most people would suspect. That wealth and those in control of it often need guidance, as people such as yourself probably have better things to do than scour the markets for hours each day in order to maximize returns. This is where a financial advisor comes in.
Here are our top five picks for financial advisory firms for Irvine, California:
1) First Foundation Advisors
Almost as much of an institution as a firm with $4.3 billion in assets under management, First Foundation Advisors (founded in 1990) is the investment portion of the First Foundation Bank and has advisors across the state of California and beyond, making it a great choice for those who might move or plan to travel often. They regularly work with individuals and families to ensure generational wealth and business success for generations.
It should be noted that you might want to look elsewhere if you want a closer approach to advisement or regular check-ins or a smaller firm more focused to the Irvine area.
First Foundation Advisors is a fee-based firm that requires a $500,000 minimum to work with their advisors.
You can expect the following working with First Foundation Advisors:
- A heavy degree of flexibility when it comes to your investment options.
- A range of other services such as insurance and banking easily available should you need them.
- A disciplined yet diligent approach to financial stewardship and investment.
2) Index Fund Advisors
Index Fund Advisors, with about $3.6 billion in assets under management, is our second choice. Highly acclaimed and ranked by several publications both nationally and in the region, the firm focuses heavily on the long haul, providing advice and retirement planning alongside a disciplined approach that doesn’t look for quick gains.
They generally prefer to match people with well-researched portfolio types that can vary based on how risk-averse you are. You will also receive a wide range of advice on everything from tax management to general financial behavior.
Index Fund Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no set account minimum to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Index Fund Advisors:
- An approach that will adjust based on your needs and timeframe but a (perhaps unsurprising) focus on index funds.
- The use of additional technology and services in order to provide you with the most information possible.
- A large backlog of resources and educational materials to keep you informed as an intelligent investor.
3) Alpha Cubed Investments
Alpha Cubed Investments, with 1.1 billion in assets under management, is another great firm in the region, focusing mainly on investment advice and management, even more so than our other selections. That being said, they will be happy to provide you with a financial plan alongside your investment strategy, as they recognize the need for a holistic approach to one’s assets.
Alpha Cubed Investments uses an individualized approach to managing portfolios and uses a three-step process with constant tweaking in order to maximize returns according to your liking.
Alpha Cubed Investments is a fee-only firm. Their requirements can change depending on their program.
You can expect the following working with Alpha Cubed Investments:
- Several different investment strategies to choose from, depending on your risk-tolerance and time frame.
- Planning options ranging from education planning to charitable planning and more.
- A large team that can provide specialized services as only such a group can.
4) Cooper McManus Wealth Management
Cooper McManus Wealth Management, with $773 million in assets under management, is a generally more accessible firm with a lower account minimum. They have a central team of six certified professionals, and network outwards as required. They provide investment services, but equally provide support when it comes to estate, retirement, and financial planning.
They generally take a conservative approach that is focused on long-term stability when it comes to investing, although you won’t strictly have to go by these guidelines.
Cooper McManus Wealth Management is a fee-based firm that has a $25,000 account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Cooper McManus Wealth Management:
- High standards of independence and objectivity when it comes to their advisors, despite this being a fee-based firm. They are a fiduciary firm, however.
- More educational resources and efforts to keep you informed than would be provided by most other firms.
- An experienced and well-qualified team that is larger than those for most firms this size.
5) Apriem Advisors
Apriem Advisors rounds our list for Irvine with $648 million in assets under management, and they work heavily with individuals and family units, making them a frontrunner for those who want to ensure generational wealth. The firm encourages communication and transparency in their dealings and is happy to clarify things to their clients at any time. They also sell insurance products but would also do so if in your best interest.
Their investment and management strategy revolves around the idea of a diversified portfolio and regular rebalancing, keeping a close watch on market conditions to prevent unnecessary risk.
Apriem Advisors is a fee-based firm that varying requirements for their services, starting with a minimum of $100,000 for investment management services.
You can expect the following working with Apriem Advisors:
- Programs and services that cater especially to the financial needs of women.
- Focus and attention paid to your specific needs, as opposed to the short-term objectives of the firm.
- Experience helping people responsibly manage philanthropic endeavors.
Irvine is a richly planned city that will likely see additional expansion in the future, and we hope that expansion is mirrored by your own success via the help of the right financial planner. We understand that this can be a difficult decision, but we’re also sure that you will find the right choice listed above. Take all the time you need to do further research and remember that you will make the final decisions regardless of who you work with.