Long Beach is a beautiful part of the greater Los Angeles area, and we know that many people such as yourself are enjoying the sun as they work towards greater success from the opportunities that arise from living there. Yet that success breeds a need to be more fiscally wise, and that can be difficult considering the need to stay on top of your current responsibilities. Yet there is no need to panic because a solid financial advisor can make up the difference.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisors for Long Beach, California:
1) Halbert Halgrove
A large firm by any standards with $2.52 billion in assets under management, Halbert Halgrove works primarily with high net-worth individuals. More notably, the organization has been around since 1933, making it an undeniably stable enterprise that has stood through the tests of generations.
They have offices in cities throughout the country, making it a less appealing option for those who want a more focused provider but a better one for those who may move or want a broader perspective.
Halbert Halgrove is a fee-only firm that has no strict asset or account requirements of note, but you will likely want to double check their fees.
You can expect the following working with Halbert Halgrove:
- All advice and strategies will be based around your priorities, so you never feel left out of the picture.
- Longstanding client-advisor relationships which will last decades and perhaps even generations.
- A choice of several general investing strategies that utilize a variety of different asset types.
2) Goldman Lancaster, Inc.
Founded in 1994 and with less of a focus on high net worth individuals, Goldman Lancaster (with $201 million in assets under management) is another good choice based in Long Beach that not only serves people but organizations as well. With a much smaller team, they still provide the standard array of financial management and advisory services.
They also provide business owners with services relating to benefit planning and continuity planning, if you need those services.
Goldman Lancaster, Inc. is a fee-based firm that has no set requirements to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Goldman Lancaster, Inc.:
- A focus on long-term strategies and diversification when it comes to investing.
- A collection of resources and updates to help you better current financial trends.
- A highly experienced team that has likely already seen any problem or goal you might have.
Other Excellent California Firms for Long Beach, California Residents
There are only a couple of firms directly in Long Beach that meet our standards, but that isn’t to say that you will be lacking options. Here are three of our other top choices for Long Beach residents:
3) Churchill Management Group
The Los Angeles firm Churchill Management Group, with $5.5 billion in assets under management, is our top choice for a firm outside of Long Beach. Founded in 1962, it is another longstanding organization that emphasizes patience in investing and is just as concerned with the success of your children as it is in your current financial stability.
Well-acclaimed in the region and beyond, they approach the financial world from both a bottom-up and a top-down perspective, making sure to see every option in every light.
Churchill Management Group is a fee-based firm that requires $750,000 in assets to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Churchill Management Group:
- A big-picture investing approach that’s best for clients looking for long-term gains.
- A belief in general cycles of the market, in which there are times to invest aggressively and times to hold back.
- A general focus on your individual goals as an investor and on closer personal attention in the client-advisor relationship.
4) HCR Wealth Advisors
A strong general choice for people in the Long Beach area, HCR Wealth Advisors might have just what you’re looking for. The Los Angeles firm has just over $1 billion in assets under management and lauds their independence above nearly everything else. They also have a wide range of options and services to choose from depending on your specific needs.
Of note is that HCR Wealth Advisors specializes in providing advice during life’s transitionary periods. They might be the firm for you if you’re selling a business or getting married soon.
HCR Wealth Advisors is a fee-based firm that requires a minimum account of $100,000 to work with them.
You can expect the following working with HCR Wealth Advisors:
- Excellent advice and support when it comes to potentially draining life events such as the death of a family member, a marriage, a divorce, and others.
- No conflicts of interest and an emphasis on the best decision for you and you alone.
- Additional experience with insurance and business services.
5) Chatterton & Associates, The Wealth Management Team
Anaheim-based Chatterton & Associates, The Wealth Management Team is a solid choice for those looking to stay out of Los Angeles in finding their advisor. Its smaller team manages $697 million in assets for its clients, primarily high net worth individuals. You can expect every advisor to be a highly trained and experienced professional.
They adapt their approach to advice based on the client, and they perform services in the areas of retirement planning, financial planning, estate planning, and insurance needs.
Chatterton & Associates is a fee-based firm that has a $200,000 account minimum requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Chatterton & Associates:
- A customizable model when it comes to client services.
- Secure practices in place to give you peace of mind when it comes to who is handling your assets.
- Resources to help you better understand the market and your financial situation.
While there may not be too many firms available in Long Beach itself, we know that there are still plenty of nearby options available for residents hoping to set themselves and their families on a more solid financial path. We’re certain that one of the above choices will be a great fit, but also encourage you to dig deeper into each pick and others to rest easier about your final choice.