The capital of Tennessee that is also known as Music City, Nashville has about 700,000 people that call it home alongside the Grand Olde Opry and other destinations. It also has thriving health care management, finance, and music production industries, making it a great place for people who either have found or want to find financial success. Yet such wealth requires proper management, and that’s just what a financial advisor is more. Fortunately, there are plenty of firms in the city to help, and we searched around to find the very best.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms in Nashville, Tennessee:
Woodmont Investment Counsel, LLC
An employee-owned firm with nearly $688 million in assets under its management, Woodmont Investment Counsel, LLC has been around since 2000 and works with individuals, families, pension and profit-sharing plans, business owners, and charitable organizations. You can expect services such as investment management, estate planning, retirement planning, tax mitigation, and financial consulting.
They believe in using diversified asset allocations on your portfolios that can grow your invested assets. The firm also goes a step further by placing your money into pooled investments, which opens up new investment opportunities that might have been unavailable for individual investors.
Woodmont Investment Counsel, LLC is a fee-only firm that has a minimum account requirement that varies from $750,000 to $1 million based on the account type.
You can expect the following working with Woodmont Investment Counsel:
- A sophisticated investment team with diverse backgrounds in the finance world.
- Transparency when it comes to disclosing potential conflicts of interest, investment costs, and fees.
- A comprehensive investment solution that will help you achieve financial goals in the rapidly changing economy.
Mastrapasqua Asset Management, Inc
Founded in 1993, Mastrapasqua Asset Management, Inc is the oldest firm on our list, and has more than $579 million in assets under its management. The firm is also known as M Capital Management and works with both non-high-net-worth and high-net-worth individuals, government institutions, businesses, foundations, retirement plans, trusts, and endowments.
They use an independent, research-based approach when crafting portfolios for its clients. This ensures they get the best possible results from their investment plans. Some services they offer include asset management, strategic retirement planning, estate planning, trust planning, and higher education planning.
Mastrapasqua Asset Management, Inc is a fee-only firm that has a $100,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Mastrapasqua Asset Management:
- The use of independent research to pick out investments.
- The use of a combination of fundamental analysis, macroeconomics, and diversified asset allocations.
- The chance to call in and listen to advisors as they discuss potential updates every morning.
Tillman Harley has a bit more than $524 million in assets under its management and mostly works with high-net-worth individuals and charitable organizations. They offer investment management and financial planning services. It has a unique service called Family Board of Directors. This service is designed for when a single advisor finds it unmanageable to handle a family’s wealth. Therefore, a team of advisors will meet with such clients on a quarterly basis to help them in managing their assets for maximum returns.
They provide clients with a survey to fill that focuses on investment goals, preferences, time horizon, and risk tolerance, then create a preliminary portfolio based on the results. If the client is satisfied with that portfolio, they will use it.
Tillman Hartley is a fee-only firm that has no minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Tillman Hartley:
- A high ethical and professional standard for all advisors.
- Experience dealing with large families with a lot of wealth.
- The use of third-party research materials, annual reports, and corporate rating services when conducting potential securities analysis.
Kraft Asset Management, LLC
With about $340 million in assets under its management, Kraft Asset Management, LLC has advisors that handle life transition-related financial struggles, such as going into retirement or a death in the family.
Apart from dealing with life transitions, the firm also provides other services that include investment management, cash flow management, estate planning, income tax planning, and retirement planning. They do so with over 20 years of experience in the financial sphere.
Kraft Asset Management, LLC is a fee-based firm that has a $500,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Kraft Asset Management:
- A concentration on providing solutions to financial struggles.
- The use of the Monte Carlo simulator to assess whether an investment plan will be on the right track to help you achieve your set goals.
- The heavy use of bonds in investment portfolios.
Criterion Capital Advisors
Just recently founded in 2018, Criterion Capital Advisors is rapidly growing as a financial advisory firm and has more than $305 million in assets under its management. Some of the services it offers include portfolio management, retirement and income planning, trust and estate planning, risk management and asset protection strategies, education planning, and gifting and charitable strategies.
They create easy-to-understand investment plans that are effective in helping you achieve all your important life goals as you’re nearing retirement. They work with all sorts of individuals, corporations and charitable organizations.
Criterion Capital Advisors is a fee-based firm that has a no minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Criterion Capital Advisors.
- A team of advisors that uses in-house analysis, independent research, and third-party sources to develop the best practical strategies for your portfolio.
- Excellent resources and education programs, so you’re always informed.
- A firm that’s personalized in their approach but is very keen in their final investment recommendations.
Apart from being Music City, Nashville is an excellent place for you and your family to live and prosper. We don’t want you making bad financial decisions that can affect your future, which is why we have provided you with the top five choices for a financial advisor. We urge you to do further research on each firm and select one that seems to be the right fit for you.