Oakland, California is a center of industry and trade for much of the bay area, making it an area certain to have plenty of successful individuals such as yourself. Yet those very people also are likely to have too much on their plate to study every trend happening in the financial world, which is why a reliable financial advisor is a must. The key is making sure you find the right fit, but fortunately, we looked into the firms for you.
Here are our top five picks for financial advisors for Oakland, California:
1) Liberty Wealth Management
Liberty Wealth Management is the largest firm operating from Oakland, with $922 billion in assets under management, and this is likely since they are a highly accessible firm, with a relatively low account minimum. This generally means they focus on retirement and tax planning services as well as general investment help as opposed to services that are strictly meant for high net worth individuals.
Regarding investment strategy, Liberty will most likely focus on creating a diverse portfolio to minimize risk and maximize gains over time.
Liberty Wealth Management is a fee-based firm and requires an account minimum of only $10,000, making it an accessible option.
You can expect the following working with Liberty Wealth Management:
- Resources to help you stay on top of what is happening with your portfolio and the financial world in general.
- Excellent retirement and tax planning services for the average family.
- A well-developed client-relations process so you always get the standard of service you deserve.
2) WESPAC Advisors
With roots in retirement information and administration services, WESPAC Advisors has since expanded to provide an array of financial advisory services, and now has $687 million in assets under management. They can help organizations and individuals alike with retirement planning (and investments therein) and also provide wealth management help.
They utilize a unique approach to investing and actively seek assets and asset classes at the right time, protecting your wealth in turbulent times.
WESPAC Advisors is a fee-based firm and requires a minimum of $250,000 or $50,000 (for self-directed plans) to work with them.
You can expect the following working with WESPAC Advisors:
- An investment philosophy that revolves around securing against the boom and bust cycles of the market as well as focusing on the present market situation.
- Excellent advice and a strong structure when it comes to retirement planning services.
- A willing to work with you as much or as little as you would like.
3) Savant Investment Group
With almost $597 million in assets under management and a fee-only business model, Savant Investment Group is a bit more selective when it comes to its clients and is used to working with higher net worth individuals. Savant will work with you to shape your portfolio based on your tolerances and goals. They specialize in investment advice, but they can certainly help with things such as tax strategies, college funding, asset protection, and more.
The firm also has well-developed retirement plan services and can help you determine cost-effective ways to keep your retirement dreams alive.
Savants Investment Group is a fee-only firm and requires a minimum of $1 million in your portfolio.
You can expect the following working with Savant Investment Group:
- A calmer, more focused approach to investment which focuses more on trends than events.
- A wide variety of services offered, so you will generally only need to work with Savant for your financial needs.
- They will work with your other employees and advisors to make sure your plan is on track with your lifestyle.
4) Bell Investment Advisors
Bell Investment Advisors, with $493 million in assets under management, is notable for having a sizable yet experienced staff for a firm operating in the Oakland area. They utilize individually structured portfolios and analyze recent data to predict general trends in the market, adjusting advice and portfolios based on their findings.
They also offer life and career coaching services, for those looking for additional ways to get the most out of their life while keeping all concerns aligned.
Bell Investment Advisors is a fee-only firm and requires a minimum of $500,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Bell Investment Advisors:
- A firm that has enough resources and experience to help you through any planning problem you might have.
- An approach to advising that takes your quality of life and standard needs into consideration.
- Targeted and individualized plans based on your needs.
5) Ginsburg Financial Advisors
Ginsburg Financial Advisors takes our number five spot and has $207 million in assets under management. While they are a somewhat small team, they are experienced in providing a wide variety of services, navigating the sea of potential accounts to find out what you need and avoiding the distractions. They will also collaborate with other professionals working on your behalf as needed.
It should be noted that insurance products might be sold by some advisors, but Ginsburg will only recommend products in the best interests of the client.
Ginsburg Financial Advisors is a fee-based firm and requires a minimum account size of $1 million.
You can expect the following working with Ginsburg Financial Advisors:
- An investing strategy that primarily focuses on diversification and regular rebalancing of your portfolio.
- Active listening to your needs and an in-depth discovery process to get you started on the right foot.
- A high standard of care when it comes to your account and honesty regarding your options.
Oakland has plenty of advisory firms to choose from, but making sure you select an independent and reliable option to work with can be a difficult task. We’re certain that one of the above listed options will be a great fit for you and your family in the Oakland area. We encourage you to perform further research into the above firms and take time to consider exactly what you’re looking for. Regardless of your decision, we hope you find a good partner and find nothing but success with your future financial goals.