With a population of 3.93 million, Oklahoma is a larger state with a lot going for it. Active in many industries such as aerospace, agriculture, transportation, and energy, many people find groundbreaking success in the state. And that success often needs further guidance, especially where money is concerned. This is where a financial advisor can help you, and fortunately, there are plenty of great advisors and firms operating in the state. We took the time to look into each of them to determine the best.
Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms in Oklahoma:
Based in Tulsa and in business since 1973, Capital Advisors has more than $2.2 billion in assets under its management. One of the largest firms in the state, you can expect a qualified team of advisors who have served many generations over the years.
The firm serves individuals, corporations, charitable organizations, and pension plans. Some of its services include financial planning, investment management, tax planning, retirement planning, and insurance services. Be sure to note that the firm mostly focuses on long-term growth rather than short-term gains.
Capital Advisors, Inc is a fee-only firm that has a $250,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Capital Advisors:
- A firm that uses a combination of fundamental and tactical strategies that are geared towards taking advantage of potential opportunities as they arise for their clients.
- Adoption of quantitative measurements that minimize risks while maximizing returns.
- The provision of timely research notes that explain changes if there are any. They also try to make clients understand the rationale behind trades.
Exencial Wealth Advisors
With more than $2.1 billion in assets under its management, Exencial Wealth Advisors is a firm with offices in Oklahoma City. It also has offices in Connecticut and Texas. What stands out with this firm is the fact that it has plenty of staff members who have been serving their clients for the last decade or so.
Some of the services to expect when working with this firm include financial planning, retirement planning, debt management, estate planning, and tax planning. They serve all types of individuals, state or local municipal clients, corporations, charitable organizations, and pension plans.
Exencial Wealth Advisors is a fee-based firm that has no minimum account requirement. However, it has a minimum annual fee of $7,500 for its clients.
You can expect the following working with Exencial Wealth Advisors.
- Creation of individualized strategies that are based on each client’s financial situation, and needs.
- A vast and extremely qualified staff that’s hard to outclass by any metric.
- Full tax reports that are prepared by the in-house team of experts.
Tom Johnson Investment Management
Also based in Oklahoma City, Tom Johnson Investment Management has over $1.2 billion in assets under its management. The firm has been in business since 1983 and serves individuals, corporations, charitable organizations, pension plans, and many others.
The firm uses a conservative investment philosophy that works to reduce as well as manage risks that might be associated with your portfolios. Working with this firm ensures that you get the best results, as they use no leverage and no derivatives.
Tom Johnson Investment Management is a fee-only firm that has a $100,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Tom Johnson Investment Management:
- The employment of equity, fixed income, and balanced strategies that are individualized to meet client goals.
- A long-term approach that’s disciplined enough to provide excellent security selection as well as successful portfolio construction.
- Experience working with all types of clients and complex financial issues.
Gibraltar Capital Management
Founded in 2002, Gibraltar Capital Management has more than $432 million in assets under its management. The firm is located in Tulsa and offers many services that include financial planning, investment advising, business consulting, bank management, estate planning, tax planning, bookkeeping, and philanthropy support.
They work with their clients with one slogan in mind, and that is helping their client go beyond building wealth. Additionally, they have a small number of clients, ensuring that you get the attention you need. They offer clients customized solutions that promote financial security and taking advantage of potential opportunities.
Gibraltar Capital Management is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Gibraltar Capital Management:
- Uniquely designed solutions that are unexpected yet effective in meeting the client’s goals and needs.
- They involve you from the start by helping you build value rather than wealth; you can expect personal development by just working with them.
- Experience dealing with modern and complex financial issues.
Vista Investment Partners
Another firm in Oklahoma City that has more than $373 million in assets under its management, Vista investment Partners was formed in 2016 and also has an office in Indiana. Be sure to note that the firm has been in business since 1984, and its advisors offer active investment management and financial guidance to their clients with their best interests at heart.
They serve high-net-worth individuals, corporations, and pension plans. Services the firm provides include wealth transfer, risk management, retirement planning, portfolio management, and tax planning.
Vista Investment Partners Is a fee-based firm that has a $1 million minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Vista Investment Partners:
- A balanced approach that is based on growth investments and fixed income investments.
- A focus on working with people and building trust.
- An initial conversation with every client before working with them to ensure they have understood their client’s financial situation.
Choosing a single firm to take care of all your finances for you and your family can be a lengthy process. However, we have made it easy for you by compiling the top five choices for an advisory firm in Oklahoma. You can start your search here and check out our options. Still, we recommend that you perform in-depth research for each firm, and make sure it’s what you want. You may also want to look into our list for your local area for more options. We wish you all the best as you choose a top financial advisor to help you achieve financial success.