Still the home of Berkshire Hathaway and some of the world’s largest companies, Omaha is a Midwestern city that has everything a person could need yet all the charm a person could want. Tourism is more popular in Omaha than one might first think, and the city serves as a small financial center where many billionaires and large businesses stay and thrive.
But this wealth and success is not just concentrated at the top. Instead, Omaha has become home to many highly-successful individuals such as yourself. Yet all this success brings the need for financial guidance for many residents, as managing the markets is something best left for the professionals.
Fortunately, there are many financial advisory firms in Omaha that can help, and to narrow the list down for you and ensure you don’t waste your time, we’ve researched these firms and created a list of the best. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Omaha, Nebraska:
1) Bridges Investment Management
Our top choice for Omaha is Bridges Investment Management, a firm founded in 1994 (with a history tracing back to 1945) that has $3.46 billion in assets under management. It works with institutional clients and high-net-worth individuals, and it provides the major services one would expect from a firm of this size.
In general, the firm seeks to minimize risk for its clients, but advisors will balance that with potential returns based on clients’ wishes. Typically, they prefer to work with long-term opportunities, diversified portfolios, and stable and strong businesses.
Bridges Investment Management is a fee-based firm that has no minimum account or asset requirements, but there are varying minimum annual fees.
You can expect the following if you work with Bridges Investment Management:
- A team that has several different types of advisors to make sure all facets of your financial life are covered.
- A belief in transparency and client control over accounts. As such, clients have easy access to their advisor.
- A willingness to work with your tax and legal team to keep your plan on track.
2) Wealthplan Partners
Our second choice for Omaha is Wealthplan Partners, a firm with $988 million in assets under management and a large advisory staff to match. Founded in 2011, they work mostly with individuals and are a bit more accessible than most of the other firms on this list. They have additional advisors in Nebraska as well as many other states, making their network larger than most.
Overall, they are more hesitant to use traditional, heavily-diversified portfolios. Instead, they use the emotional volatility of the markets for their clients’ benefit and diversify portfolios via a range of different strategies.
Wealthplan Partners is a fee-based firm that has no minimum requirements, but you may want to review their fees when talking to them.
You can expect the following when working with Wealthplan Partners:
- Programs and resources clients can use to help educate themselves.
- Experience working with widows and retirees hoping to stabilize their finances.
- An in-depth onboarding process for new clients that will look into every concern.
3) Nelson, Van Denburg & Campbell Wealth Management Group
Nelson, Van Denburg & Campbell Wealth Management Group is our third choice with $879 million in assets under management. They use a comprehensive and in-depth planning process for their clients and will regularly reassess your investments and provide up-to-date advice. They provide retirement services, financial planning, cash management services, and other, more specific types of planning services.
They are willing to help you build a new portfolio from scratch or provide useful advice on your current portfolio. Their advice will generally depend on your time frame, risk tolerance, and other factors.
Nelson, Van Denburg & Campbell Wealth Management Group is a fee-based firm that has a $400,000 minimum account requirement.
You can expect the following while working with Nelson, Van Denburg & Campbell Wealth Management Group:
- An understanding that financial planning is not an event but a process. The firm will be happy to reevaluate its plan with you as life evolves.
- Online tools and a platform to help you easily keep track of your assets and plan.
- Specific education planning and estate planning services if needed.
4) Cambridge Advisors
Our only fee-only choice on this list, Cambridge Advisors was founded in 1990 and has $420 million in assets under management. A somewhat smaller yet growing firm, they work with a mixture of individuals as well as pension plans. They often work by committee and take pride in being completely independent of outside influences. Their main services are retirement planning, full financial planning, and investment management.
They focus heavily on long-term investments for their clients and generally avoid speculation or short-term trading. They carefully consider every investment objectively to see if it would be a good long-term fit.
Cambridge Advisors is a fee-only firm that has a $500,000 minimum account requirement.
You can expect the following working with Cambridge Advisors:
- Personal and flexible service options that heavily emphasize face-to-face meetings and quality communication.
- A commitment to regular analysis and readjustment of your portfolio.
- A planning process that can incorporate any specific needs such as education or legacy planning.
5) America First Investment Advisors
Rounding out our list is America First Investment Advisors, which has $369 million in assets under management. An employee-owned firm, America First Investment Advisors has been in business since 1994 and brands themselves as an old-fashioned firm that focuses on building a relationship and not trying to be too flashy. They perform investment management and financial planning services.
They do not invest by Modern Portfolio Theory and instead invest to take advantage of shifts in the market. They carefully research investments and prefer to keep investments for the long-term.
America First Investment Advisors is a fee-based firm that has a $300,000 minimum asset requirement.
You can expect the following working with America First Investment Advisors:
- A firm that is very easy to communicate with.
- A clearly-stated fee structure.
- A very high ethical standard for all advisors and employees.
Too little has been said about the opportunities waiting in Omaha, but we sincerely hope that if you are looking for the financial advice and management you deserve, one of the above selections speaks to you. This can be a major decision and doing more research can only help, so please take notes and take your time when working out the best fit. But no matter the end result, we hope you find exactly what you need for you and your loved ones.