A center for people looking to enjoy Nevada’s charms outside of Las Vegas, Reno is a fantastic city where countless tourists flock every year for gambling, events, and more. Yet there are also nearly a quarter million people who make Reno their permanent home, and these good people make the city run by finding success in their own ways. Yet no matter the source of your wealth, you might need help, and a financial advisor is just what you need.
Because of its size and vibrant economy, there are many different financial advisor firms in Reno. In an attempt to take out the guesswork and save you time and effort, we’ve researched the different options available and created a list of the best. Below are our top five choices for financial advisory firms in Reno, Nevada:
1) American Wealth Management
A firm that works more with individuals than very high-net-worth clients, American Wealth Management has been around since 1988 and has $327 million in assets under management. Their staff is highly experienced, and they view your finances as not just assets on a ledger but rather as important parts of a much more important whole.
They use heavy amounts of research and technology to identify risks and opportunities, and the firm, as compared to others, can be more conservative.
American Wealth Management is a fee-based firm that has a $300,000 minimum account requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following while working with American Wealth Management:
- Experience working with organizations of all types.
- A variety of investment strategy types for clients who know exactly what they want.
- An emphasis placed on communication and transparency in all interactions.
2) Legacy Wealth Planning
Our second choice for Reno is Legacy Wealth Planning, a firm with $212 million in assets under management that was founded in 2017 (making it a very young firm by any metric). They provide investment management, retirement and financial planning services, and education planning services for clients, and they are willing to use plenty of different options within each to best serve their clients.
They can either provide you with model portfolios to use, or they can work with you to create something a bit more personalized after you speak with them about your financial goals.
Legacy Wealth Planning is a fee-based firm that has no noted minimum requirements to work with them.
You can expect the following if you work with Legacy Wealth Planning:
- Links with other financial service providers in case you need services such as trust planning.
- An emphasis on wealth preservation that’s more pronounced than other firms.
- In-depth education planning options that go beyond what many other firms offer.
3) Sage Financial Advisors
Our last choice for firms based in Reno, Sage Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that was founded in 1996 and has $153 million in assets under management. They work primarily with individuals and will provide business services to some clients as requested. They are a well-informed firm and root all their decisions in a carefully considered methodology.
They will customize plans to their clients’ needs, but they will also be careful to remove emotion and bias from the equation to keep clients on track and manage risk.
Sage Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that generally has a $750,000 minimum account requirement.
You can expect the following when working with Sage Financial Advisors:
- Regular communication, portfolio rebalancing, and quarterly reports to help you stay on track.
- Business services that help business owners get more control over their business’ finances.
- A willingness to help people regardless of their main financial goal or concern.
Other Excellent Nevada Firms for Reno
Not every firm operating in Reno met our exacting standards, so we couldn’t recommend five firms from the city in good faith. However, we would also like to draw your attention to these two firms:
4) The Wealth Consulting Group
Our top pick from Las Vegas, The Wealth Consulting Group has $1.33 billion in assets under management, and while they have offices across the country, their main focus is in the state. They have a very sizable staff of experts, which means you will almost never have to wait, and you will always be working with the right person for the job.
They primarily try to preserve wealth for you and your family, although they can provide a very wide range of services. They are also careful about risks.
The Wealth Consulting Group is a fee-based firm that has a $15,000 account minimum for the most basic account type. The minimum goes up for other types of accounts and can reach $250,000 for some.
You can expect the following at The Wealth Consulting Group:
- A very large professional network that is ready to assist you with whatever problem may come your way.
- A comprehensive approach which can utilize many different types of niche planning services.
- A willingness to work with others under your employ and collaborate with them.
5) Kingsbridge Wealth Management Group
Also from Las Vegas, we chose Kingsbridge Wealth Management Group with the knowledge that some readers might want a more exclusive option that has the most experience working with high-net-worth clients. Since their founding in 2008, that is effectively their main reason for operating. Currently, they manage nearly $186 million in assets.
They customize their financial planning and investment management services for each client, and no two plans will look the same. If they think it will work, they will use it.
Kingsbridge Wealth Management Group is a fee-based firm that has a $5 million account requirement, making them a very exclusive option.
You can expect the following working with Kingsbridge Wealth Management Group:
- A top-tier family office that can help your family through the issues that come with generational wealth.
- A well-qualified staff that are all masters at their fields of expertise.
- A willingness to try new ideas and investment approaches.
With all that is happening in Reno, it can be easy to lose track of the more mundane things like your daily finances. It is for precisely this reason that you may want to take the time to look further into the above options and find an advisor that is right for you. We understand that some might not be a good fit, but we’re confident that one of these firms will work. However, no matter which route you take, we wish you all the success in the world.