With more than 1.5 million people and a rich cultural history behind it, there are few places in Texas better to live than San Antonio, whether you’re already established or are looking for a place to find business success. And regardless of your circumstance, you as a successful individual will find that you might need help with your finances. The financial and investing world is tricky, but a financial advisory firm will help you keep a level head.
Here are our picks for the top five financial advisors for San Antonio, Texas:
1) South Texas Money Management, Ltd.
The top spot on this list goes to South Texas Money Management, Ltd., which has about $3.3 billion in assets under management and more than enough advisors to handle whatever your financial needs might be. An individually-focused organization, you can expect great communication and a heavy amount of attention paid to your needs and assets when compared to other firms.
You will also notice their strong values, which will allow you to trust their efforts and advisors more easily, smoothing your working relationship more quickly.
South Texas Money Management, Ltd. is a fee-only firm that requires a $1 million minimum investment.
You can expect the following working with South Texas Money Management:
- A long-term relationship with your team that will see you through the financial ups and downs.
- Clear communication in that relationship, with both you and your family.
- An investment strategy focused on a comprehensive, diversified plan.
2) Monticello Wealth Management, LLC
With nearly $320 million in assets under management, you can expect Monticello Wealth Management, LLC to have the experience necessary to guide you to a more stable financial life. Formed in 2015 and owned by Jefferson Bank, it should be noted that they are strictly independent and fee-only, so you should never worry about a conflict of interest.
They believe in a highly diversified approach that minimizes risk and maximizes long-term gains. They also believe in listening to their clients to make sure that benchmarks and goals are being met.
Monticello Wealth Management, LLC is a fee-only firm and has no strict asset requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Monticello Wealth Management, LLC:
- A focus on the client-advisor relationship. They want you to think of them as your or your family’s CIO.
- A variety of wealth management and planning services that come together in a larger package.
- Complete transparency regarding your assets and portfolio.
3) Pax Financial Group
Pax Insurance Group is a firm with a fair number of advisors that specializes in working with individuals (as opposed to organizations) to achieve their goals, retirement or otherwise. They have been operating since 2007, currently have about $275 million in assets under management, and they advertise a wide variety of services and the ability to convey their advice in an easy-to-understand manner.
They also deal in insurance products and can and will offer a variety of products such as help with life, health, and long-term care insurance.
Pax Financial Group is a fee-based firm and has no noted account minimum to work with them.
You can expect the following working with Pax Financial Group:
- A heavy focus on retirement planning services should you need them, and experience helping hundreds of clients move into this stage of life.
- Services which are focused on helping employers, if you would find need of those.
- A personal experience which they maintain won’t be like that you will find with other firms.
4) Texas Legacy Wealth Management
With a bit more than $192 million in assets under management, Texas Legacy Wealth Management stands out for its ability to work with a variety of clients and its dedication to working with individuals to create plans that will best work for them. They want to take on the burden of knowledge and close management for their clients, and you can expect nothing but the best service from them.
They use multiple methods of analysis and will look at all your options from several perspectives, in order to determine the best strategy for your portfolio.
Texas Legacy Wealth Management is a fee-based firm and has a variable account minimum depending on the account type or service desired.
You can expect the following working with Texas Legacy Wealth Management:
- Regular personal communication about your finances.
- A unique approach to every client, ensuring a plan that’s best for you.
- A multi-faceted and well-thought-out approach to financial planning and investing.
5) Strategic Financial Concepts, LLC
With a large staff in hand, Strategic Financial Concepts, LLC (founded in 2006) has nearly $177 million in assets under management. They specialize in working with individuals perhaps such as yourself who are trying to lock in their financial life. When it comes to investing, they use a diversified approach and look for as many perspectives as possible when it comes to finding the best strategy.
They also deal with business planning services and they are a business with strong values. Expect their staff to be engaged, courteous, and knowledgeable.
Strategic Financial Concepts, LLC is a fee-based firm and requires a $250,000 account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Strategic Financial Concepts:
- A wide variety of planning and management services so you can get all your future strategies from a single, centralized source.
- A team-based approach to planning that values additional opinions and transparency.
- A willingness to use vetted outside sources to obtain additional perspectives and information.
San Antonio has a wide variety of firms working within its borders, so we recommend you take a day, do more research, and really think about what you’re looking for from a firm. Once you’ve done so, consider the above five options and determine which one will be the best fit for you, your wealth, and your family. We know you’ll make the right choice and hope that you find financial success in the years to come.