A city filled with sunshine and beautiful views, Tucson is the second largest city in Arizona, and it has a vibrant economy based on education, innovation, and tourism. Because of its size and prominent role in the regional and national economy, Tucson is also filled with successful professionals such as yourself, and due to the many things Tucson offers its residents, there are lots of reasons why you may want to make it your lifetime home.
However, to do this, you will need a plan for securing your wealth no matter what happens in the world without, and this means understanding and paying attention to the market, something that is often too much for us regular folk. As a result, to make sure you can continue on the path you’ve made for yourself, it’s a good idea to hire a financial advisor.
Due to Tucson’s size, there are many different financial advisors ready and willing to help you, but it can be difficult to know which one is going to deliver on the promises they make. So, as a way of making your decision easier, we’ve put together a list of the five best advisor firms in the region. Read on to find out which ones made the list and why.
1) TCI Wealth Advisors
TCI Wealth Advisors, with $2.6 billion in assets under management, is one of the largest firms operating in Tucson. In addition, it also has branches in cities all over the country, giving it a unique reach and perspective. It provides a wide range of services, but this could mean those looking for a more focused approach might do better with one of the other firms on our list.
Overall, TCI Wealth Advisors prefers to focus on client behavior and decision making while also paying attention to market activity. This is because the firm’s advisors understand bad investments are usually emotionally-based and poorly researched, which means they can almost always be avoided.
TCI Wealth Advisors is a fee-only firm with no account minimum, but there is a minimum annual fee of $1,000.
You can expect the following when working with TCI Wealth Advisors:
- Regular updates and meetings to ensure your plan and portfolio are on track.
- A focus on careful planning and disciplined investing practices.
- Programs to help young professionals start investing on the right foot.
2) Sterling Investment Management
Sterling Investment Management is another firm which we highly recommend to Tucson residents. Currently, it has $270 million in investments under management, making it a smaller firm as compared to others on this list. Part of this is because it is a more exclusive firm that works most often with high-net-worth individuals, to which it provides both financial planning and investment management services. The firm also regularly works with institutions to either manage charitable giving or work on retirement plans.
In terms of an investment strategy, Sterling advisors prefer to focus on minimizing risk for their clients by investing in intrinsically valuable options and actively seeking out worthwhile opportunities for their clients.
Sterling Investment Management is a fee-only firm that requires a $500,000 account minimum to start working with them.
You can expect the following from Sterling Investment Management:
- A range of investment and financial planning strategies to choose from based on your needs and risk-tolerance.
- The practice of the strongly held values of transparency, trust, and independence. Advisors often allocate their own assets in the same way they recommend to their clients.
- The use of a wide range of asset types and a willingness to look worldwide for opportunities.
3) Cambridge Financial Group
Cambridge Financial Group, a firm that was founded in 2001 and that now has $240 million in assets under management, works with clients through an open retainer system that encourages regular meetings and communication with a financial advisor. Furthermore, the firm places heavy emphasis on preparing for future challenges.
In addition, Cambridge will focus not just on your investments but the entirety of your financial plan. The firm’s advisors believe a holistic approach is the best way forward and will help you with any potentially weak aspects of your financial life.
Cambridge Financial Group is a fee-only firm with no asset requirement, but it does have different tiers of service, and the fees will be based on which services you use.
You can expect the following from your Cambridge Financial Group advisor:
- A specific program, EdgeAhead, which is meant for young professionals who need occasional financial help but can’t afford or don’t need the full services of a financial advisor yet.
- A strict set of ethical guidelines for the firm and its advisors.
- A full financial review service that can pave the way for a longer relationship without a commitment while still providing critical guidance to the client.
4) Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors
Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors has $191 million in assets under management and more than 30 years of experience in the industry. This makes this particular firm one of the most experienced in Tucson. Additionally, there are more staff and advisors employed here than most firms of this size, and this allows it to offer every service one might need to find a stable financial future.
When managing investments, your advisor will use a variety of tools, technologies, and strategies to maximize your returns and reduce risk. You can expect a unique portfolio tailored to your needs.
Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no minimum asset requirement but that does have a somewhat high minimum annual fee of $5,400.
You can expect the following while working with Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors:
- A collaborative, team-based approach to providing you the best advice and services you can find.
- A comprehensive financial planning strategy that will take all of your assets and life plans into account.
- Excellent tax planning services provided as needed.
5) Imus Wilkinson & Mundinger Investment Management
Imus Wilkinson & Mundinger Investment Management rounds out our list of the five best financial advisor firms in Tucson. As of writing, it has $149 million in assets under management, and although it is a younger firm (founded in in 2011), its advisors have several decades of experience in the industry and a concrete set of investment values. They provide tax planning, risk management, estate planning, and wealth accumulation services, among others.
The firm will use heavily diversified portfolios for its clients and believes strongly in portfolio manager oversight, which means advisors don’t stick to a passive or active approach to investing. Instead, he or she will employ the method they deem most appropriate for your account.
Imus Wilkinson & Mundinger Investment Management is a fee-only firm with a $500,000 minimum asset requirement.
You can expect the following working with Imus Wilkinson & Mundinger Investment Management:
- Available retirement plan options, should you be an interested business owner or manager.
- Regular transparent communication regarding your portfolio.
- The use of investment managers that are experts in their particular field.
We can’t predict the future, and we can’t know every reader’s needs, but we are certain one of the above choices will be a great fit for most individuals looking for top-tier financial advice in Tucson. That being said, we encourage you to do further research into these firms, as we understand just how important this decision can be for you and your family. But we hope we have helped you move closer to determining your path forward for success.