In addition to its massive dairy industry and diverse geography, Wisconsin has a robust finance industry. This often leaves many potential investors with questions about where to look for a top-quality financial advisor. With our professional industry experience, we have sifted through the listings in order to compile a selection of the very best financial advisors Wisconsin has to offer.
Here are our top five financial advisory firms for Wisconsin:
1) Madison Investment Advisors, LLC
Founded in 1974, Madison Investment Advisors has grown from a small local office to become one of the most-respected financial advisory firms in Wisconsin. The firm has over $12 billion in assets under management and an award-winning team of top professional advisors to ensure a tailored plan suitable to your needs.
Madison Investment Advisors’ approach is one which relies on being direct and well-constructed. One of the firm’s core values is to ensure that client funds are invested in ways which protect the capital against any downturn in the market.
Madison Investment Advisors is a fee-based firm that has a minimum requirement of $500,000 in assets to get started with them.
Here are some key things to expect when working with Madison Investment Advisors:
- A relatively conservative investment approach. They focus on minimizing the risk and producing steady, sustainable growth over time.
- They have a strong, dedicated team who will work tirelessly to produce their own research and advice based on your requirements.
- Excellent communication from your investment team.
2) SVA Plumb Financial
Headquartered in Madison, but with three locations throughout the state of Wisconsin, SVA Plumb Financial was founded in 1994 as SVA Wealth Management through a merger of two local firms. They now manage upwards of $2 billion in assets.
SVA Plumb have retained much of their strong community feel. This shows in their investment approach. The firm diversifies portfolios beyond index funds and ETFs with what they term as complementary assets.
The firm recommends that you have at least $250,000 in investable funds in order to work with them.
Here are some of the key things to expect when working with SVA Plumb Financial:
- A highly personalized approach and services despite the large size of the firm.
- User-friendly accessibility to monitor your portfolio through the company app at all times.
- Investment services to suit every stage or milestone in your life with a broad focus on the future.
3) Wipfli Financial Advisors, LLC
Wipfli was founded in 1999 and now has more than $3 billion in assets under management. The company offers four distinct investment services to clients based on need. These are financial planning, investment advice, retirement solutions, and insurance services.
The company is guided primarily by their tax-focused philosophy, and you can expect the most tax efficient investment solutions with Wipfli Financial Advisors. They are a firm of more than 50 professional advisors that are dedicated to offering many of their own proprietary interactive tools to engage you in an intuitive way with your portfolio.
The firm does not require a minimum investment, though they do charge $5,000 per annum for standard investment advisory services.
Here are some of the key things to expect when working with Wipfli Financial Advisors:
- Interactivity through proprietary tools such as MyStoryboard, which helps involve you in the investment process.
- A fully integrated investment strategy, which also takes into account your tax and insurance needs.
- Opportunities to invest and grow your portfolio even from a size which may not be considered by other firms.
4) Johnson Wealth, Inc.
Johnson Wealth Inc. is part of the Johnson Financial Group and was formerly known as Cleary Gully Advisors prior to a 2016 takeover by the Johnson Financial Group. The firm now manages upwards of $2.5 billion, making it one of the largest firms in the state of Wisconsin.
The firm usually focuses on creating a professionally managed, diversified portfolio aimed towards reaching a long-term goal. Johnson Wealth Inc. will typically aim to provide you with a more passive investment strategy which is aligned to best meet your needs. They also have more specific investment programs, including one specifically tailored toward airline pilots.
Johnson Wealth Inc. is a fee-based firm and requires clients to invest at least $200,000 to work with them.
Here are some of the key things to expect when working with Johnson Wealth:
- A broad-ranging website which provides extensive resources, including a range of portfolio calculators and investment educational materials.
- Investment solutions which are independently researched and tailored by your own highly experienced advisor.
- Opportunities to add more of the Johnson Financial Group’s services, including banking and credit-based solutions.
5) Diversified Management, Inc.
Diversified Management Inc. was founded in 1993 by certified accountant Mark Homan. The firm now has more than $1 billion in assets under management yet still retains its highly personalized philosophy and feel.
The firm typically works with high-net-worth individuals and provides each with a thorough and highly customized investment strategy. They give extensive consideration to your individual risk profile.
Diversified Management Inc. is a fee-based firm which has a $500,000 minimum asset requirement.
Here are some of the key things to expect when working with Diversified Management:
- Planning and strategy which is heavily focused around your individual requirements.
- The knowledge of an extremely professional, close-knit team, including the company founder.
- A positive working environment with no sales commissions or volume targets to bias the advisors.
With so many firms to choose from, selecting the best financial advisor is never an easy task. Yet with one of these excellent Wisconsin firms, we’re confident that you’ll be able to find the financial security you’re looking for. We do encourage you to look more into the firms you’re most interested in, as not every firm is right for every person. Whatever you choose, we hope that you find nothing but financial success in the future.