With a metro area population of more than five million people, Atlanta is one of Georgia’s, the South’s, and the country’s most important cities. It’s home to one of the world’s busiest airports and it drives much of Georgia’s economy.
If you live in Atlanta, you not only get to take advantage of all the city has to offer, but you also have plenty of options when looking for someone to manage your finances and plan for the future. However, with so many choices, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, which can lead to irrational thinking and poor decision making.
To make sure you choose a financial advisor who will really help you achieve your goals, look at our carefully curated list of the best financial advisors in Atlanta.
1) Hombrich Berg Wealth Management
Hombrich Berg Wealth Management is the premier financial advisory firm for high-net-worth individuals in Atlanta. They manage more than $5 billion in assets, and they have a $1 million account minimum.
Focusing on clients of this size allows the firm to invest considerable resources in making sure your plan is perfect for your goals. For example, most financial advisor firms will assign one person to your account, but with Hombrich Berg, you will be working with three or four advisors, all of whom have a team underneath them researching investment opportunities and looking for the best ways to execute your financial plan.
You can expect your money to be spread out over a wide range of investment types, something that helps protect you from risk while also opening you up to exciting new opportunities. Other things you can expect from Hombrich Berg include:
- Online tools you can use to monitor your account and run models
- Intense focus on your personal goals; Hombrich Berg is a fee-only firm.
- A helpful family environment; Hombrich Berg advisors consider themselves to be the CFO of your family’s financial situation.
2) Anthony Smith Advisors
With no account minimum and a focus on holistic financial planning, Anthony Smith Advisors is a great option for “everyday” investors, i.e. those with fewer assets but who are still looking to invest and grow their portfolio for the future.
All the advisors on staff are either a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), which means you can trust the advice you receive is coming from professionals with considerable experience.
This expertise gets put to work in creating a financial plan around your needs, and you will receive guidance in the following areas:
- Retirement planning, estate planning, and generational wealth transfer
- Investment management including monitoring of your cash, bonds, stocks, and real estate to make sure your current assets are helping you towards your goals
- Tax management to help you keep your cash where it’s supposed to be
- Administrative support to help you make sure your finances are all in tip-top shape
3) Harmon Financial
The team at Harmon Financial includes several CFPs, CPAs, financial planners, Wealth Management Specialists (WMS), insurance experts, and attorneys. All this experience will be used to come up with a financial plan that is tailored to your needs.
Furthermore, the firm takes an “engineering-based” approach to investment management, which puts risk management at the forefront of your plan.
Harmon Financial also works around the globe, and this reach allows them to take advantage of unique investment opportunities that can help you reach your goals and beyond much more quickly than with other firms.
The firm also takes a flexible approach to retirement planning, which allows you to adjust mid-plan to make the most of what the market has to offer and reach your goals more quickly.
When you work with Harmon Financial, you can expect the following:
- A financial plan based first and foremost on your individual goals
- A long-term approach to financial planning
- Close attention to risk management so that your hard-earned money is never overly-exposed
4) Georgia Wealth Advisors
Georgia Wealth Advisors is the firm to go to if retirement planning is your main objective. They specialize in it, and they have constructed a team of financial planners, accountants, tax specialists, insurance specialists, and attorneys who are going to provide you with all the information you need to create a retirement plan that will bring you peace of mind.
Beyond helping you create a retirement plan based on your specific situation, Georgia Wealth Advisors is also committed to helping you learn as much as possible about retirement. This will help make you a more informed investor. This includes offering regular seminars as well as other resources that can help you reach financial success.
Here’s what you can expect when working with Georgia Wealth Advisors:
- Assistance with generational wealth transfer so that you can ensure the financial security of your family for years to come
- Help combining benefits such as social security with your current savings so that you can maximize your retirement income
- Tax planning and philanthropic suggestions to help reduce your expenses and contribute more money to your nest egg
5) oXYGen Financial
A younger firm, oXYGen Financial was formed to help people from generations X and Y begin their financial journey. The firm was founded in 2008 in the throes of the financial crisis, but it now manages just under $1 billion in assets.
Similar to other firms, oXYGen Financial will work to first understand your goals so that it can develop a plan to get you where you want to be. But oXYGen is different in that it works to help you better understand some of the more important aspects of financial planning, such as risk and cash flow management.
This is why the advisors at oXYGen refer to themselves as “budgetologists.” They want to help you get control of your financial situation while also expanding your wealth. When you work with oXYGen Financial, you can expect help in the following areas:
- 401(K) rollovers and IRAs
- Life and disability insurance
- College planning
- Financial planning and cash flow management
Atlanta’s diverse and dynamic economic landscape means you have lots of choices when it comes time to choose a financial advisor. However, you want to make sure you’re working with someone who can deliver on the promises they make. We’ve combed through the many firms in the area and found the five who are going to deliver when and where you need them the most. Make an appointment today and get your financial journey moving in the right direction.