As the second largest city in Indiana, it comes as no surprise that Fort Wayne has many financial advisor firms. However, because there are so many, it can often be very difficult if not nearly impossible to know which one is the best. So, to help you, we’ve researched the many different options available in the Fort Wayne area. Read on to learn who we chose for our top five and why.
1) Galecki Financial Management
With more than $500 million in assets under management, Galecki Financial Management is one of the largest firms in the Fort Wayne area. It provides a wide range of financial services ranging from broad-based financial planning and asset management to tax, retirement, estate, and divorce planning, as well as medical investment advising services.
Galecki Financial Management is a fee-only firm that is also a fiduciary.
The strategy employed with your portfolio will vary depending on your goals, but Galecki Financial Management tends to favor exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and mutual funds, as this allows for better diversification and less risk exposure. Other things you can expect when you work with Galecki Financial Management include:
- A team of highly-qualified professionals; all seven principles are Certified Financial Planners, and there is also a Certified Divorce Financial Planner on staff
- Close attention to your personal goals when designing your plan
- A dedicated advisor who will be with you throughout your entire journey
2) Monarch Capital Management
For those looking for a long-term, stable investment plan, Monarch Capital Management is going to be a good option for you. This is because Monarch takes an approach that’s focused around buying stocks and bonds only in established, profitable companies, and they tend to advise investors to stick with these stocks.
This also makes Monarch Capital Management a great option for those looking to generate an income from their portfolio, something the dividends these stocks can provide. As a result, Monarch Capital Management is the ideal firm if you are starting to see retirement on the horizon.
The firm has more than $300 million in assets under management, and you can expect a level of personalized customer service you might not get from other firms. Other things you can plan for when working with Monarch Capital Management include:
- Detailed reports about investment advice so that you can see why one option is being recommended to you over another
- Unbiased advice that is solely in your best interest. Monarch Capital Management is both a fee-only firm and a fiduciary.
- Custom financial plans based on your position in life and your personal goals
3) Dickmeyer Boyce Financial Management
With an account minimum of $500,000, Dickmeyer Boyce Financial Management is a great option for high-net-worth individuals. Currently, they manage just under $200 million in assets, making it one of the largest firms in Fort Wayne.
Because Dickmeyer Boyce Financial Management deals with such large accounts, they have an investment philosophy designed for these funds. Specifically, they believe in a long-term approach that prioritizes diversification and rate of return, so you can expect to be steered towards value stocks instead of growth stocks. Furthermore, your portfolio will also be invested partially in bonds to counteract some of the volatility inherent in the stock market.
Other things you can expect from Dickmeyer Boyce Financial Management include:
- A small, dedicated staff working to find you the best investment opportunities available around the world
- Comprehensive financial planning that starts with an assessment of your current financial situation as well as your personal goals for the future
- Impartial advice (the firm does not receive commissions based on the investments you make), and resources to help make you a smarter investor.
4) Beachy Wealth Management
At Beachy Wealth Management, diversification is key. But this firm isn’t interested in diversifying your portfolio just for the sake of it. Instead, the goal is to spread your money out in a way that makes sense for your overall goals.
This means investing your money in a variety of different asset classes, some of which will produce a guaranteed income, but it also means purchasing life insurance and maintaining a cash reserve in the event of an emergency.
The exact nature of your investment mix, however, will be determined based on your goals and your personal situation, meaning Beachy Wealth Management will not only protect you from risk but they will help you move towards the goals you want to achieve. Other things you can expect from this firm include:
- Financial advice in a variety of different areas, such as wealth management, financial planning, estate planning, tax mitigation, and retirement planning
- Advisors who hold the CFP title
- Assistance in understanding the different ways of investing your money
5) Compass Financial Advisors
Based in Fort Wayne but with offices also in Valparaiso, Indiana and Niles, Michigan, Compass Financial Advisors is a large financial advisory firm—they currently manage $233 million in assets—with a small town feel; there are a total of just five advisors on staff.
The firm’s approach is based heavily on research. They don’t prefer one investment type over another, choosing instead to rely on technical and fundamental analysis to find and capitalize on good investment opportunities.
Compass Financial Advisors also specializes in retirement planning. They will help you manage your 401(k), 457, and 403(b), as well as your individual IRAs, and they will advise you on the best way to invest so that you can be prepared for this final chapter of life. Other services include:
- Liability management to reduce risk and ensure the soundness of your financial future
- Tax and estate planning to help you keep more of your money and pass it onto your family members in a responsible way
- Unbiased financial planning advice based around your specific goals and financial needs
Clearly, when it comes time to choose a financial advisor in Fort Wayne, you have lots of great choices. However, the five on this list are truly the best of the best. They all offer slightly different services, but we’re confident at least one of them will be able to meet your needs. Give one a call and schedule an appointment so that you can start caring for your financial future today.