Lexington is known as the horse capital of the world, and it’s also famous for being the heart of the Kentucky bluegrass music scene. This rich history and culture has been attracting successful and enterprising individuals such as yourself for years However, this history doesn’t guarantee future success. Only working with a trusted, well-qualified financial advisor can do that.
Luckily, there are many financial advisory firms in Lexington, but not all of them are the same. To help you eliminate some of the guesswork, we have compiled a list of the top financial advisors in the city of Lexington. Here are the ones that made the cut along with a short description of each.
Keystone Financial Group
The Keystone Financial Group is number one on our list with over $503 million in assets under management. But it has a minimum asset requirement of just $10,000, making it rather accessible for a firm of this size.
In addition to the Lexington office, Keystone also has locations in Ashland, Leitchfield, Mt. Sterling, and Somerset, which means they are a great option for those who share time in different parts of the state.
In Lexington, the main office, there are 25 financial planners, all of whom possess a unique combination of skills and experience that they are ready and willing to apply to help you achieve your financial goals.
Overall, you can expect the following working with Keystone Financial Group:
- A fee-based compensation structure that helps boost transparency and ensures your advisor is working in your best interest
- Collaboration with LPL Financial for the custody of your assets
- Thorough evaluation of your financial situation to make an extremely customized financial plan for you
D. Scott Neal
- Scott Neal is another one of the great Lexington, Kentucky financial advisors, with more than $252 million in assets under management. Furthermore, the firm does not have a minimum asset requirement for new clients to work with them, but they reserve the right to charge a minimum fee.
If you choose to work with D. Scott Neal, your portfolio will consist primarily of mutual funds, ETFs, equities, bonds, and CDs. Overall, the firm has six different strategies for investing, and you will be matched with one based on your current financial situation and risk tolerance. In addition, the firm uses intense technical and fundamental analysis to create its investing strategies, and it has a proven track record of success.
You can also expect the following working with D. Scott Neal:
- A fee-only firm fully dedicated to working in your best interest.
- Intelligent and proven investing strategies that will secure your wealth and help it grow in the future.
- Periodic rebalancing to account for life changes and market updates.
With over $213 million in assets under management, Ballast is another Lexington financial advisory powerhouse. However, despite managing such a substantial amount of wealth on behalf of its clients, Ballast does not have a minimum account requirement, making this an ideal firm for those who want to increase their net worth over time, but who do not necessarily have a lot of assets at the moment.
Ballast was founded in 2010 and has six skilled financial advisors working for them. Generally, these advisors focus on long-term investing strategies, meaning that most of the assets they purchase on behalf of clients are held for at least one year.
The company takes many variables into consideration when constructing your financial plan. For example, it looks at your current financial situation, your cash-flow needs, your risk tolerance, your retirement timeline, and a number of other important factors to design something entirely unique to you and your life.
You can also expect the following working with Ballast:
- A fee-based compensation structure that ensures you know how much you’re paying for planning services and why
- A heavy focus on long-term investment strategies that are not based on timing the market but rather on sound investing fundamentals
- A philosophy centered around collaboration, communication, and trust
Money Watch Advisors
Money Watch Advisors is a solid financial advisory firm in Lexington that has over $151 million in assets under management, but because there is no minimum asset requirement to open an account, this firm is accessible to all people, not just those who have already accumulated a substantial amount of wealth.
The Money Watch Advisors team consists of four seasoned financial advisors who run this firm. Also, the company has been around since the year 1980, meaning it has weathered many market crashes and unfavorable investing climates. However, thanks to apt investing and wealth preservation strategies, it’s still just as strong as ever. You can expect this experience to be applied when an advisor is handling your account.
Other things you can expect from Money Watch Advisors include:
- A fee-only compensation structure that helps you determine what you’re being charged and that guarantees your advisor is working for you and no one else.
- Intelligent tax strategies which can minimize the amount you owe to the government and allow you to keep more of your own money.
- Comprehensive financial planning that is based primarily on your financial goals so that you can get closer to where you want to be.
Wallace Hart Capital Management
With $137 million in assets under management, Wallace Hart Capital Management is the fifth and final financial advisory firm on our list. Currently, to work with Wallace Hart Capital Management, you will need to have at least $250,000, meaning this firm specializes in assisting mainly high-net-worth individuals and larger businesses.
Wallace Hart Capital Management is a relatively new firm that was founded in the year 2016. However, it has already built a reputation as one of the best firms in Lexington, and it’s starting to attract a lot of attention. At the moment, there are four financial advisors who work at this firm, and combined, they possess a unique combination of skills, experience, and certifications.
In terms of an investment strategy, Wallace Hart believes in growing your wealth by being more aggressive during market upswings and preserving it during downturns by being more conservative.
Beyond this, you can expect the following working with Wallace Hart Capital Management:
- A fee-based compensation model designed to make it clear what you’re paying for
- A three-step financial planning strategy – understand, analyze, and guide – that is meant to help your advisor learn more about your goals and come up with the best plan for you to achieve them.
- Extra attention and excellent customer service due to the exclusivity of their clientele
A good financial planner can help you with all of the key money matters in your life, from saving for retirement to planning for your child’s education. We want you to have the best financial future possible, and we believe that these financial advisors can help to get you there. So while you should choose the firm that most appeals to you and do your own research, consider starting with one of these five, as each one will surely help you gain more control over your financial future.