Madison, Wisconsin is often referred to as the “San Francisco of the Midwest.” This is due to its thriving culture, the technological innovation that is occurring in the city, and its fantastic art scene.
Partially because Madison is a wonderful city to live in, many people in the Madison area just like you need help planning their financial futures. For these people, we recommend looking into employing a financial advisor, and fortunately, we’ve looked at all the firms in the area to find the very best.
Here are our top five choices for a financial advisory firm for Madison, Wisconsin:
- Madison Investment Advisors LLC
Madison Investment Advisors LLC has over $10.2 billion in assets under management and primarily works with high net worth individuals. They have a $500,000 minimum asset requirement and are a fee-based firm.
Madison Investment Advisors has an excellent team filled with highly-credentialed portfolio managers, analysts and traders. The company’s philosophy is to focus on generating consistent returns by avoiding chasing short term gains and to plan for the long-term.
You can expect the following working with Madison Investment Advisors LLC
- Access to up-to-date insights, research, and news on the company’s website
- Additional expertise in taxation, regulation, and funding
- A strong emphasis on long-term sustainability and profitability for your investments
- SVA Plumb Wealth Management
With over $2.6 billion in assets under management and 25 years of experience as an organization, SVA Plumb Wealth Management is another financial advisory titan in the area. You must have at least $250,000 in assets to work with SVA Plumb Wealth Management.
Throughout its rich history, the company has come to believe that it has a very important responsibility to manage their client’s wealth and to plan their legacies in the most effective way possible. SVA Plumb Wealth Management has a large team with professionals that have expertise in many different areas including asset management, law, accounting, insurance, investment strategy, retirement income, and others.
SVA Plumb Wealth Management is a fiduciary, meaning that they are obligated to always act in your best interest.
Working with SVA Plumb Wealth Management, you can expect the following:
- Access to a diverse team of professionals that can help you with all of your financial planning needs
- Customized financial advice for all major life events including marriage, divorce, additions to the family, changing health status, and more.
- Specialty services such as financial planning specifically for physicians, tax planning, and university advisory services
- Isthmus Partners
Isthmus Partners, with $573 million in assets under management, is named after the isthmus that Madison, Wisconsin sits on between lake Mendota and Lake Monona. To work with Isthmus Partners, you must have $2 million in investible assets.
Isthmus Partners provides sound financial advice to individuals, families, and institutions. Isthmus Partners works by using one of several investment strategies that have been tested in many different market cycles to create repeatable, long-lasting success.
Working with Isthmus Partners, you can expect the following:
- A team-based approach to make sure that you get specialized advice from key team members at the firm.
- Access to the firm’s tried and tested investing strategies which have been proven to work
- Extremely thorough research to identify the best possible investment opportunities
- Northern Capital Management
Operating since 1992, Northern Capital Management is a very well-known financial advisor in the region with over $540 million in assets under management. Northern Capital Management has a minimum asset requirement of $100,000, which is the lowest requirement on this list.
Northern Capital Management believes that anyone can benefit from a financial advisor and that long-term capital management success depends heavily on creating financial goals and roadmaps to meet those goals. They take the time to get to know you and to obtain a deep understanding of your financial situation and goals.
Working with Northern Capital Management, you can expect the following:
- Absolute transparency for all fees
- Customized financial advice
- Access to a state-of-the-art financial planning software called eMoney
- John F. Suby Wealth Management
Over $450 million in assets are managed by John F. Suby Wealth Management, making it one of the largest wealth advisory firms in Madison. If you’d like to work with them, you will need to have at least $200,000 in assets to invest.
One thing that makes this company unique is that it the professionals who work there take pride in understanding their clients’ lives, not just their portfolios. They believe that this helps to create better working relationships. The firm handles investment management and monitoring services, retirement planning, estate plan reviews, and financial statement reviews.
You can expect the following working with John F. Suby Wealth Management:
- Comprehensive, long-term financial planning focused on your individual goals
- A long-term relationship where you can provide all relevant details regarding your life so that your financial advisor can fully understand your persepctive
- A commitment by the firm to find the best resources and data to make the smartest investments on your behalf.
By working with any of these financial advisors, you can expect to grow your net worth and protect your capital as you age. All these firms have an excellent reputation and more than enough experience handling people’s wealth. You should choose the company that you believe will be the best fit for you to help you plan for your financial future, and we hope that you find the perfect advisor soon.