As the capital of Nebraska and with a history of supporting new people and ideas, Lincoln is once again taking in newcomers, but this time mainly in the tech sector. This has brought low unemployment and growing wages, which demonstrates how many people in Lincoln are finding new success. But with this new success comes the need to manage wealth, and a financial advisor is most likely just what you need to make the most of your wealth while remaining focused on the other aspects of your life.
Fortunately, there are many different financial advisors in Lincoln who are ready and willing to help you manage your wealth. But with so many different options, it can be quite a challenge to figure out which one is the best.
To help make this process easier and more pain-free, we’ve spent some time researching the different advisory firms in Lincoln, and this has allowed us to create a list of the best five. Below are the firms that made the list as well as a short description of each one.
1) Pittenger & Anderson
Our top choice for Lincoln, Pittenger & Anderson is a firm with $1.47 billion in assets under management that specializes in working with families and individuals that might not reach the threshold of “high-net-worth” but that are still looking to expand their holdings. They often work with people in transitional periods, retirees, and newly successful individuals.
Portfolios are individualized, and advisors take a careful, simple, and bold approach when investing. The firm has a variety of management styles you can discuss with your advisor.
Pittenger & Anderson is a fee-only firm that has a no minimum investment requirement.
You can expect the following while working with Pittenger & Anderson:
- An extremely qualified staff that boasts decades of experience and the best qualifications and certifications (of several types) in the industry.
- Experience navigating people through significant life events such as marriages, divorces and deaths, inheritances, and more.
- A clear fee structure that helps you know exactly what you can expect to pay.
2) Lincoln Capital
Our second choice is Lincoln Capital, which has about $294 million in assets under management. Mostly focusing on investment services for their clients as opposed to traditional financial planning, they might be best for someone who already has a plan but who wants expert investment and portfolio help.
The firm prefers to create wealth for its clients through asset appreciation instead of the short-term buying and selling of securities. They believe both fixed income investments and carefully selected stocks should be part of a diversified portfolio.
Lincoln Capital is a fee-based firm that has no stated minimum requirements, but they do work primarily with high-net-worth individuals.
You can expect the following when working with Lincoln Capital:
- Additional life insurance policy services should they be needed.
- A strong network of professionals and experts that they are often happy to introduce to clients based on their current needs.
- A strict focus on the client and their desires.
3) Capital Consulting & Asset Management
Capital Consulting & Asset Management is our third choice for Lincoln. It’s a smaller firm with few advisors and $286 million in assets under management. They work with a mixture of high-net-worth individuals and other individuals, and they currently don’t serve too many clients, so interested parties shouldn’t be worried about overstretching their resources. They provide retirement, estate, tax, death and disability, education, and investment planning services.
They don’t perform investment management themselves but they do have connections to individuals that can help.
Capital Consulting & Asset Management is a fee-based firm that has a $5,000 minimum asset requirement.
You can expect the following if you work with Capital Consulting & Asset Management:
- A personal approach to advising that uses an in-depth interview during the initial stages of the process
- A focus on building long-term relationships with clients in order to fully understand their financial trajectory and goals.
- Insurance services if you are looking for them.
4) Flagstone Financial Management
Our last choice for firms based in Lincoln is Flagstone Financial Management. It has $145 million in assets under management and only a couple of advisors under the firm’s banner, but they are very experienced and well qualified by any standards. The firm will work with you to create a written financial plan and help clients with their investments.
They prefer to use diversified portfolios when investing, and they stay disciplined when making any decision. They also seek to minimize costs, and your advisor will be willing to consider global options.
Flagstone Financial Management is a fee-based firm that has no determined account or asset minimum requirement, although you may wish to investigate their hourly fees.
You can expect the following from Flagstone Financial Management:
- An ultimately optimistic approach to the markets, investing, and their clients’ long-term financial prospects.
- An ethos based on service and relationship-building, which shows in their interactions with clients.
- A large selection of resources to help clients better manage their money and investments.
Another Excellent Nebraska Firm for Lincoln
Not every Lincoln firm met our standards, but you deserve only the best. So, in addition to the four options above, we thought this Omaha firm would also be a great fit:
5) Wealthplan Partners
Considering how Wealthplan Partners has several advisors already in Lincoln, it’s as though Wealthplan Partners wasn’t even based in Omaha to begin with. Founded in 2011, they have $988 million in assets under management and primarily work with individuals of all types. Additionally, they have advisors stationed in several states throughout the country, making them very accessible.
They have a unique investing strategy, and they prefer to look for imbalances and inconsistencies in the market. They diversify, but they do so via a range of strategies not asset types.
Wealthplan Partners is a fee-based firm that has no minimum requirements, but you may want to review their fees when talking to them.
You can expect the following working with Wealthplan Partners:
- A series of educational tools, papers, and resources for clients to use to get a much better handle on the financial world and their portfolio.
- Previous experience working with widows and retirees to help them through a transitional period.
- A very in-depth onboarding process for new clients.
There may not be as many choices in Lincoln as in some of the larger cities in the country, but we know for a fact that there are plenty of advisors that do excellent work and that one of the above firms will be able to serve you, your assets, and your family. We hope you take the time to seriously consider each of these options, and that after some fiscal soul-searching you can work with an advisor that will form a long-lasting and profitable relationship with you.