Those who do not think that the political capital of California is not also a hive of economic activity would be sorely mistaken. Over half a million people live there, and the cities makeup and needs are like any other metropolitan area. This includes successful individuals and their need to effectively manage their wealth, a problem you might be looking at right now. Fortunately, there are financial advisory firms that can help.
Here are top five picks for financial advisory firms for Sacramento, California:
1) Hanson McCain Advisors
Hanson McCain Advisors takes our top spot for Sacramento with almost $2.5 billion in assets under management over 7000+ clients. They specialize in personal finance and retirement advice, and they host many workshops, seminars, and online resources to that effect. If you want to know more about what your money is doing and have a greater understanding of the financial world, this is the firm to work with.
In their investment advice, they make note of placing your interests first. It should also be mentioned that the firm is highly lauded and has won awards throughout the industry.
Hanson McCain Advisors is a fee-based firm and requires a minimum investment of $100,000.
You can expect the following working with Hanson McCain Advisors:
- A large library of resources (including the Money Matters radio show) that can be used by anyone to further their personal finance education.
- An investment approach that is primarily based on your goals, time frame, and willingness to take risks.
- A heavy focus on retirement planning throughout their services.
2) Genovese Burford & Brothers Wealth and Retirement Plan Management
Genovese Buford & Brothers Wealth and Retirement Plan Management (GBB) is our number two firm, with just over $2 billion in assets under its management and over 20 years of history behind it. A company with strong values at the core of their workings, they can be relied upon to act in your best interests first, keep an open line of communication, and continuously improve their own services.
As an extension of this, their approach to wealth management and investment management relies heavily upon the information you provide them. Your goals and wants dictate the pace of everything.
GBB is a fee-based firm that has a $500,000 account minimum requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with GBB:
- As much hands-on or hands-off support as you need, with these options broken into categories.
- A nuanced approach to nearly all services that other firms generally don’t have.
- A large, highly qualified, staff to manage their large client base.
3) Boyd Wealth Management
Boyd Wealth Management, with $113 million in assets under management, is a fantastic choice for business owners who might be selling soon or have recently left their business. This is often a more tumultuous period than expected for people, and specialized help can go a long way.
Regarding investments, they take the long-term approach and work with clients to not worry too much about short term gains and losses.
Brown Rebello Capital Management is a fee-based firm that requires an account minimum of $1 million for comprehensive wealth management, with ranging fees for other services.
You can expect the following working with Boyd Wealth Management:
- A focus on investor behavior as much as market behavior.
- Specialized services revolving around retirement and business transition periods.
- Responsive communication and regular meetings to keep you in the know.
4) Adams Ashby Financial Advisors
A smaller but much more accessible firm, with only $90 million in assets under management, Adams Ashby Financial Advisors is notably a fee-only firm and they can provide either a general comprehensive review or more specific advice if you don’t need the full package and just want help looking over an account in particular. We recommend them to families and individuals looking for the right next step.
They will take a six-aspect approach to helping you stay on track with your financial goals, including looking at retirement planning, investment holdings, and family budgeting.
Adams Ashby Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no set requirements for working with them.
You can expect the following working with Adams Ashby Financial Partners:
- A comprehensive approach to financial planning should you want it.
- A low-key, independent, and professional approach to financial planning.
- A dedication to regular training and improvement, updating their knowledge in the field as often as possible.
Another Excellent California Firm for Sacramento
Unfortunately, we only found four firms that meet our rigorous standards in the Sacramento city proper, so instead, we would like to show you another firm in California that might be the right choice under select circumstances.
5) Hall Capital Partners
Hall Capital Partners, a San Francisco firm, is a great choice for some Sacramento residents who may feel as though won’t find what they need in the state capital. With $36 billion in assets under management and an additional office in New York, Hall Capital is a connected, unignorable firm in the financial world.
They use a long-term planning approach and recommend using a wide variety of asset classes and global opportunities.
Hall Capital Partners is a fee-only firm that has no account requirement but does charge a $400,000 minimum annual fee. We recommend only extremely wealthy individuals consider working with them.
You can expect the following working with Hall Capital Partners:
- A high level of experience working with very large portfolios and high net worth individuals.
- A very large research team that helps inform every single decision.
- The resources of a large organization with many resources at their disposal.
One of the fastest growing cities in California will keep some people on their toes, and you want all your focus either on your main work or on making the most of your time with your loved ones. This can be a tough choice, so we ask that you take your time and do further research as you feel is necessary. We hope you find the best firm for Sacramento for your needs and that you find nothing but financial success in the future.