California based companies are relying more and more on Professional Employer Organizations, or PEO’s, to manage their HR, payroll and benefits administration functions. Working with a PEO is a straightforward process once you find the right PEO for you, but making that choice regarding who to work with isn’t always so easy.
There are numerous factors to consider if you’re responsible for the HR function of your California business and you’re looking to outsource. Because there are so many options available to you, we’re providing a brief evaluation of three of the most popular PEO companies that serve the
California area. .
Editor’s Note: Small- or medium-sized business owners can receive a free report of the top five PEO’s for them, by completing the form below:
1. Trinet PEO
Trinet PEO boasts over 15,000 clients with a track record that spans over 30 years of success in providing outsourced HR solutions. California-based employers who are looking for a broad range of PEO services from a single company would do well to consider Trinet, as they are one of the industry’s most respected and long-standing outsourced HR services providers.
If you are not sure which Trinet service package is right for you, a knowledgeable PEO professional is available to consult with you to determine what services would best meet your specific needs.
- Tax and employment experts at your fingertips to guide you in areas of leg
- Broader outsourcing options for larger clients, allowing for more cost savings
- “Next generation technology” that makes insights into payroll, HR, and tax compliance easier than ever
We recommend Trinet PEO if:
- You are experiencing rapid growth into ever-increasing employee count
- Tax compliance and state employment law compliance are areas of focus
- PEO size either isn’t a concern for you, or you’re looking for a larger, multi-state PEO for other locations within your organization
JustWorks aims to reduce back-office complexity by offering a broad range of outsourced HR services for virtually any California-based company in the small-to-medium-sized business category. Offering a range of HR services including Benefits Administration, Payroll, Compliance, and HR Tools and Technology, the JustWorks platform is perfect for businesses that work in any industry.
- Smaller PEO feel with larger PEO resources
- Industry expertise for guidance in areas of legal or tax compliance
- Broad range of benefits options to pick and choose from
We recommend JustWorks if:
- California isn’t the only location where your company does business
- You’re looking for a long-term PEO partner who can grow with your company
- You operate in the financial, healthcare, IT, construction, or real estate industries
- You are new to PEO partnerships and need advice on which decisions to make
3. Oasis PEO
Having more of your HR operations outsourced to a qualified PEO can create a huge opportunity to refocus your resources in other, critical areas of your business. No one knows this better than Oasis PEO, a full-service PEO provider specializing in serving clients in the California area. Oasis is known for their simple pricing, straightforward service selection, and knowledgeable industry professionals.
- Service scope that can be narrowed down to custom-fit each client
- Two points of contact: one for payroll and one for the overall relationship
- Pricing packages that are all-inclusive or ala carte
- Faster, more transparent reporting tools in comparison with other PEO’s of a similar size
We recommend Oasis PEO if:
- You know you need to outsource your HR functions, but you don’t know where to start.
- You’re looking for a partnership with a PEO who has existing experience in helping other companies in the California area
- You see the value in having two points of contact instead of just one
How to Choose the Best PEO in California
As mentioned above, depending on the size, industry and special requirements of your California company, choosing the right PEO for you can take as little as a few minutes, or as long as a few months. However, it doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out process; rather, we can help provide you with all the information you need to make the most informed decision possible.
Choosing the right PEO for you should take into consideration multiple factors. To help get you all of the data you need, we’re offering a free report of the top five PEO’s that serve the California area. So, regardless of the industry you’re in, the stage of growth you’re experiencing, or what your history is with PEO’s, our free report can help you.
Evaluating PEO companies is a task that involves a lot of research. We can take some of the burden off your shoulders, and at no cost to you! When you’re ready to get serious about making a PEO decision for your California company, we’re ready to help you get started.
It all starts with a call or email; contact us now.