Deciding to partner with a Professional Employer Organization, or PEO, is an important step for any small- or medium-sized business who wants to grow their organization. The reason PEO’s have become so popular in New York in particular is because of the growing need for business owners to focus on running their businesses, letting the PEO manage HR and related functions.
Any company that is considering a PEO would do well to evaluate as many as possible, as PEO’s vary widely in their scope of services and client suitability. To help you make sense of all of the options, we’re comparing three of the Top PEO Companies in New York.
Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in a free report on the best PEO’s for your business, use the questionnaire below, and a PEO specialist will contact you shortly to provide you with the information you need:
1. Trinet PEO
With over 15,000 clients and leveraging the experience of over 30 years in the outsourced HR services industry, Trinet PEO is definitely one of the most tenured and respected PEO’s on the market today.
From benefits administration to payroll processing and more, Trinet PEO is a smart choice for medium sized businesses with sophisticated needs. While smaller businesses can definitely benefit from a partnership with Trinet, there may be that smaller company ‘feel’ that could be missed.
- Benefits administration including COBRA, retirement planning, and claims management
- Broader outsourcing options for larger clients, allowing for more cost savings
- “Next generation technology” that makes insights into payroll, HR, and tax compliance easier than ever
We recommend Trinet PEO if:
- You are experiencing rapid growth into ever-increasing employee count
- Tax compliance and state employment law compliance are areas of focus
- PEO size either isn’t a concern for you, or you’re looking for a larger, multi-state PEO for other locations within your organization
JustWorks aims to reduce back-office complexity by offering a broad range of outsourced HR services. The four key areas of concentration for JustWorks are Benefits Administration, Payroll, Compliance, and HR Tools and Technology. The JustWorks platform is simple and simply priced.
- Payroll automation with transparent reporting tools that give immediate, real-time insight into payroll status
- Employee onboarding resources and training and development tools
- Expert guidance to help you determine the right insurance coverage and underwriters for your business
We recommend JustWorks if:
- You are a small- or medium-sized business based in New York or with a location in New York
- You value simple, predictable pricing models that don’t come with surprises
- You anticipate growth in the near-term, and want a PEO to grow with you
3. Oasis PEO
Oasis PEO uses a service model that gives each client two points of contact – a relationship manager, and a HR/Payroll account manager. Day-to-day questions about payroll processing can be fielded to your payroll account manager, while the overall service relationship is managed by the relationship manager. This model streamlines the PEO partnership.
- A ‘divide and conquer’ approach to servicing clients
- One of the largest PEO’s, with a broad product offering
- Competitive per-employee fees, even for smaller businesses
- State-of-the-art HR reporting tools with integrated reporting and automation
We recommend Oasis PEO if:
- Your New York business needs to be compliant with state employment law or federal tax law
- Your needs are more complex than the average small business
- You want two distinct points of contact – one for the service relationship, and one for routine payroll inquiries.
How to Choose the Best PEO in New York
Choosing among all of the New York PEO’s can be an overwhelming task. There are so many to choose from, so how do you know how to choose the right one for your organization? Even though no one knows your business better than you do, it can help to get a third-party recommendation for a PEO that might just be the perfect fit.
What separates one New York PEO from another can be nuanced, which is why having a PEO specialist in your corner can be so helpful. That’s why we provide you with a free comparative analysis of the five best PEO’s for you, all in a single report.
As important as this decision is, don’t run the risk of choosing the wrong PEO. Rely on a comprehensive evaluation of the top five PEO’s for you.
During your comparison of New York PEO’s, don’t forget to schedule your free, 15-minute consultation with one of our PEO specialists. After answering a few basic questions, you’ll get an expert recommendation of the top five PEO’s that are in alignment with your business goals.
To make the most informed PEO decision, contact us now.