Set in its own part of Ohio just a bit away from Cleveland, Akron is a great city with about 700,000 people living in its general area. With an industrial history and a few periods of rapid growth, Akron has always had its share of successful people, and if you’re one of them, we want you to know that managing your wealth doesn’t have to be a full-time job. Instead, you can work with a financial advisor or investment manager to get the guidance necessary to set you on the path to greater financial stability and success.
And which firm or group should you work with? There are many options, but here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Akron, Ohio:
1) Jentner Wealth Management
Our top choice for Akron, Jentner Wealth Management has $345 million in assets under management and a history that dates back to 1984. A bit more exclusive than the other firms on this list, they’re still relatively accessible compared to larger city firms, but wealthier Akron residents might want to look to this firm first for their experience.
A more conservative firm by nature when it comes to investing client assets, they are best for long-term investors who seek returns over decades instead of days. This doesn’t mean they aren’t adaptive, but they will seek to preserve wealth first.
Jentner Wealth Management is a fee-only firm that does not have a minimum asset requirement, but does have a $15,000 minimum annual fee. With that in mind, we wouldn’t recommend this firm to anyone with less than $1.5 million to invest.
You can expect the following working with Jentner Wealth Management:
- A staff that strictly holds itself to the fiduciary standard.
- An evidence-based and methodical approach to investing.
- All of the planning and investment services you might expect from a firm of this size.
2) Wells Trecaso Financial Group, LLC
A smaller firm in terms of advisors (they only have three), Wells Trecaso Financial Group, LLC still takes our second spot with $294 million in assets under management. Mostly working with non-high-net worth individuals, this recently founded firm can be a great choice for those looking for a less exclusive option.
They put great care and attention into finding the perfect investments for their clients, and will seek out potential opportunities that are outperforming current market evaluation.
Wells Trecaso Financial Group, LLC is a fee-based firm that has no noted account minimums to work with them, but you should see if their fees are affordable and reasonable for your situation.
You can expect the following working with Wells Trecaso Financial Group, LLC:
- A comprehensive approach to wealth planning and wealth management that manages to balance every important factor.
- Experience working with clients with a wide array of backgrounds and situations.
- A willingness to work with other professionals under your employ.
3) Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC
Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC is another Akron-based firm and has about $216 million in assets under management. Founded in 2006, they are another firm that has a mixture of client types, and they are prepared to help just about any type of client. While they employ a smaller team of four advisors, they are a better
They generally are best for clients who are interested in investing for the long-term, although they will adjust their strategy to fit the needs of the client.
Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC is a fee-based firm that doesn’t have any minimum account requirements. We do, however, recommend inquiring about their fee structure to make sure you aren’t being overcharged for services.
You can expect the following working with Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC:
- A team that holds itself to the highest ethical standards.
- The ability to advise companies with retirement and 401(k) plans.
- Comprehensive financial planning services are available, and they can offer a wide range of more specialized planning services.
4) Symphony Financial Services, Inc.
Our fourth choice, Symphony Financial Services, Inc., is an Akron firm that has been in operation since 2001 with eight advisors currently under their employ. They have $208 million in assets under their management and work primarily with individuals. Growing significantly since their inception, they continue to strive for their clients’ interests every day.
They will mostly consider your goals first before deciding on a strategy and will adjust as necessary at regular intervals.
Symphony Financial Services, Inc. is a fee-based firm that does not have any account or asset minimums, but we do recommend checking to see if their fee structure is a good match for your financial situation.
You can expect the following working with Symphony Financial Services, Inc.:
- Major services offered include investment management, 401(k) services, life insurance, business succession plans, and estate planning.
- A collaborative approach to providing financial advice, which ensures you’re always getting the best possible opinion.
- You can trust that they will put great effort into the client-advisor relationship.
5) EGI Financial, Inc.
Our last choice for Akron, EGI Financial, Inc. has about $148 million in assets under management, and has been in operation since 1992, giving it over 25 years of experience as an organization. Mostly working with non-high net worth individuals (although they do work with some organizations and wealthier people), they can be a great choice for working professionals looking to grow their nest egg or people who have just come into some wealth.
When investing, they look for evidence of growth in companies and long-term opportunities for clients. They also rely on diversification but use a propriety diversification model as opposed to what you might find elsewhere.
EGI Financial, Inc is a fee-only firm that requires that you have $250,000 for money management services, and $500,000 for retirement planning services.
You can expect the following working with EGI Financial, Inc.:
- Offered services include personal financial planning, business financial planning, insurance services, retirement planning and retirement income planning, estate planning, and brokerage services.
- A large library of proprietary research that displays their knowledge of the markets.
- A desire to make the client experience as excellent as possible.
Akron has a lot to offer, and we understand if you might be confused by your potential options when you’re looking for a financial advisor or investment manager in the Akron area. You can take all the time you need, and you can also ask for a call or consultation with one of the above firms if you’re interested in but not sure of their services. Yet no matter your choice, working with a reputable firm can only benefit you and your family, and as such we wish you the best of luck and hope you find nothing but success in the future.