Just south of Sacramento and playing an important part in California, Elk Grove is home to nearly 180,000 people and is a suburban center home to many working professionals, proud families, and some very successful individuals. And if you or your family have wealth saved up and want to make sure it makes it with you to retirement and beyond, we recommend the use of a financial or investment advisor to give you vital financial advice and remove the burden of fiscal micromanagement from your shoulders.
You may need to travel a bit to find the best ones, unfortunately, as not many of the firms in Elk Grove met our rigorous standards. Don’t let that stop you, however, as Sacramento has many excellent choices. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Elk Grove, California:
1) Hanson McCain Advisors
Our top financial advisor for Sacramento, Hanson McCain Advisors has about $2.5 billion in assets under their management spread across thousands of clients, proving that they are able to support many people striving towards financial security. Mostly providing advice relating to personal finance and retirement planning, they are firm that’s by far the best pick if you’re interested in learning more about financial concepts and investing yourself.
With a great reputation, Hanson McCain Advisors focuses primarily on the needs of the client, and as such doesn’t have a concrete strategy to mention here.
Hanson McCain Advisors is a fee-based firm and requires a minimum investment of $100,000.
You can expect the following working with Hanson McCain Advisors:
- Plenty of educational resources to help you better understand your wealth and your financial options.
- A primary focus on retirement and retirement planning for their clients.
- Available seminars, workshops, and other events.
2) Genovese Burford & Brothers Wealth and Retirement Plan Management
Genovese Buford & Brothers Wealth and Retirement Plan Management (GBB) is based in Sacramento and has about $2 billion in assets under management. Having been in business for over 20 years, GBB maintains strong values and takes a careful and nuanced approach to providing advice, making sure that they are clear and always working for your best interests.
Your goals and provided information will strictly dictate the advice they give and the investment choices they make.
GBB is a fee-based firm that has a $500,000 account minimum requirement to work with them.
You can expect the following working with GBB:
- Support that’s as hands-on or hands-off as you need, depending on how much independence you want and how much experience you have investing.
- A large and well-trained staff to handle their client base.
- They are committed to continually improving themselves.
3) Boyd Wealth Management
Our third choice is Boyd Wealth Management, a Sacramento firm with $113 million in assets under management. More of a pick for a subset of our readers, they are an excellent choice if you are a business owner who might be selling soon or are someone who has recently sold their business and is still figuring some of the details or next steps out.
They will take a long-term approach to investing, and will generally not lose a wink of sleep (and tell their clients to do the same) regarding short term gains and losses.
Boyd Wealth Management is a fee-based firm that requires an account minimum of $1 million for comprehensive wealth management, with ranging fees for other services.
You can expect the following working with Boyd Wealth Management:
- Responsive and clear communication. You will have regular meetings so you can keep track of progress.
- An interest in both investor and market behavior.
- Services that are excellent for people who need help during transition periods.
4) Lucas Group Financial Planners, Inc.
Fourth on our list is Lucas Group Financial Planners, Inc. a smaller firm with about $105 million assets under management that has been operating since 2004. Don’t let that stop you, as they might be the best choice if you are looking for a more accessible firm to help you get started on finding financial security.
They use model portfolios for the most part, which allow them to focus on crafting an investment plan that will be best for many clients and then carefully adjust it as necessary. You will be paired with a portfolio that makes sense for you.
Lucas Group Financial Planners, Inc. is a fee-based firm that requires that you have $100,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Lucas Group Financial Planners, Inc.:
- Help with minimizing your tax burden.
- The firm also sells insurance products if you are so interested.
- A focus on preparing you and your finances for retirement.
5) Adam Ashby Financial Advisors
Our last pick is Adams Ashby Financial Advisors, a firm with about $90 million in assets under their management that’s based in Sacramento. Able to help you whether you need comprehensive financial planning and a related review or just advice on a specific problem you’re dealing with, the firm is a great choice for families and individuals in the area alike.
Happy to look at things such as family budgeting, retirement planning, and more humble considerations, the firm looks at six different aspects to determine the best possible path forward.
Adams Ashby Financial Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no set requirements for working with them.
You can expect the following working with Adams Ashby Financial Partners:
- Comprehensive service available if you want to step forward with a complete plan.
- A financial planning approach that’s highly independent from outside influences.
- A team that focuses regularly on improving themselves and their processes.
Elk Grove is a fantastic place to live, and with your level of success, you deserve to have one of the above financial advisory firms on your side as you tackle life’s challenges. It’s easier than ever to be paired with an excellent professional, and even if one might not be a good fit you can move onto the next. With this in mind, we encourage you to take some notes, look further into the firms that interest you the most, and schedule a few consultations to get the process started in the next few days.