Near Oakland, San Jose, San Francisco, and the rest of the bay area, it’s easy to understand why many people would live in Hayward and why quite a few successful individuals would choose the city as the place to grow their fortune and root their lives there. Yet while you do that, do you want the fine details of investing to be burdening you? If you want your money to be working for you instead of the other way around, we recommend that you look into employing the services of a financial or investment advisor, and fortunately there are many excellent options in the area.
Yet where should you go and what should you look for? You don’t need to worry about these questions, as we scoped out the top options around Hayward. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Hayward, California:
1) Hall Capital Partners
Our top choice is the massive San Francisco firm Hall Capital Partners, which has $36 billion in assets under management and an extraordinarily large team of advisors (and supporting staff) to match. Able to meet any need for people that meet their de facto high requirements, the firm also is notable for its connections around the world and its New York office.
They are a firm that focuses primarily on long-term planning for their clients and will consider quite a few different asset types for their clients.
Hall Capital Partners is a fee-only firm and doesn’t have a specific minimum requirement, but they do charge a minimum annual fee of $400,000, making working with them not a reasonable choice for many people.
You can expect the following working with Hall Capital Partners:
- An advisory team that knows precisely how to help high-value clients.
- The stability and structure of a larger organization.
- A large research staff that will notice opportunities other firms wouldn’t even think to research.
2) Baker Street Advisors, LLC
Another San Francisco firm with an exceptional team and a wealthier client base, Baker Street Advisors was founded in 2003 and has about $7.2 billion in assets under management. You can rely on their decades of experience, and if you are a client you are guaranteed to be working with a partner and one of their senior advisors as part of your team. The firm is able to provide all of the services you might expect and more.
As to their investment and advice strategies, Baker Street Advisors, LLC focuses heavily on reducing the fee and tax burden of their clients as part of maximizing returns, and preservation is their main general goal for most clients.
Baker Street Advisors is a fee-only firm that requires a $5 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Baker Street Advisors:
- They are a very efficient firm and will not waste your time.
- They will take the time to build relationships with their clients.
- Transparency and clarity in all actions and communication with you.
3) Wetherby Asset Management
Another San Francisco firm that has $4.7 billion in assets under management and a history dating back to 1990, Wetherby Asset Management has some of the best advisors and professionals in the field on its staff, and that alone is a main selling point. They also are among some of the most focused and dedicated advisors, and their 97 percent client retention rate as of the time of this writing speaks to that.
Their approach first takes a look at your complete financial picture, then is customizable to the degree that your plan is tailored to your financial goals and personal values.
Wetherby Asset Management, LLC is a fee-only firm that requires a $10 million minimum account size.
You can expect the following working with Wetherby Asset Management:
- An expert on their staff for just about every scenario or type of planning you need help with.
- A firm that is privately owned and entirely free of outside influence.
- Plenty of different services offered so that you should never need to consult another firm when it comes to your finances.
4) Silicon Valley Capital Partners, LP
A San Jose firm that has $334 million in assets under management, Silicon Valley Capital Partners, LP is an excellent choice for any Hayward residents who are looking for a firm at which they can find an advisor they’ll develop a closer relationship with. While they aren’t the largest firm listed here, they do know how to delegate, outsources, and prioritize to the degree that you’ll never have to worry about missing out on critical functions.
They take a big-picture approach to investing, and will rarely look at or stress over individual stocks or funds.
Silicon Valley Capital Partners is a fee-only firm that requires $500,000 in investible assets.
You can expect the following working with Silicon Valley Capital Partners:
- A focus on risk-management and conserving your wealth as much as possible.
- The capability to call in outside experts and resources when they feel the need.
- A communication-heavy process of building you a solid financial plan with your input as a central part.
5) Betterwealth, LLC
Another San Jose firm we thought would be a good choice for many Hayward residents, Betterwealth, LLC is a firm that has grown significantly since its founding in 2015 to now have $238 million in assets under management. Able to provide clients (which are usually wealthier) with all of the usual services, Betterwealth is a disciplined and capable firm.
Their advisory strategy mostly consists of active management of portfolios, keeping their research in mind as they make adjustments for their clients.
Betterwealth, LLC is a fee-only firm that has no minimum requirements, but the firm does generally work with higher net-wealth individuals.
You can expect the following working with Betterwealth:
- The use of a heavily diversified portfolio in order to minimize risk to your wealth when investing.
- An advisory process that focuses heavily on client education so that clients can make more educated decisions when necessary.
- A commitment to maintaining the fiduciary standard at all times.
Whatever your current financial situation and future goals for yourself and your family, we hope that you will be able to use the above information to make the right choice. And if you have additional questions or still need to narrow down your options, we highly encourage you to look further into these firms and even talk with representatives on their end. This decision can take a while to make, but we promise you that once you find the best firm for you, you’ll get a beneficial relationship that will last you for decades.